Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use of Candiderm: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Candiderm
- Price for Candiderm in pharmacies
- Candiderm: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Candiderm - Instructions For Using The Cream, Price, Analogues, Reviews
Candiderm: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Use in childhood
- 10. Drug interactions
- 11. Analogs
- 12. Terms and conditions of storage
- 13. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 14. Reviews
- 15. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Candiderm
ATX code: D07CC04
Active ingredient: Beclomethasone + Clotrimazole + Gentamicin (Beclomethasone + Clotrimazole + Gentamicin)
Manufacturer: Glenmark (India)
Description and photo update: 2018-25-10
Prices in pharmacies: from 320 rubles.
Candiderm is an anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, antifungal and antibacterial drug.
Release form and composition
Dosage form Candiderm - cream for external use: homogeneous, white (15 or 30 g in a tube, 1 tube in a cardboard box).
Composition of 1000 mg cream:
- active substances: clotrimazole - 10 mg, gentamicin sulfate (equivalent to gentamicin) - 1 mg, beclomethasone dipropionate - 0.25 mg;
- auxiliary components: propylene glycol, cetomacrogol, petroleum jelly, liquid paraffin, benzyl alcohol, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, butylhydroxytoluene, sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, sodium hydrogen phosphate, purified water.
According to the instructions, Candiderm is a combined drug, the action of which is due to the properties of its constituent components.
Clotrimazole has an antifungal effect, its antifungicidal properties are based on interfering with the synthesis of ergosterol, an important part of the fungal cell. It is active against Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Epidermophyton floccosum, Microsporum canis, Candida albicans, Malassezia furfur (Pityrosporum orbiculare).
Gentamicin is an antibiotic from the aminoglycoside group that has a wide spectrum of action. Active against gram-negative bacteria: Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterobacter aerogenes, Escherichia coli, Proteus vulgaris, Klebsiella pneumoniae; gram-positive bacteria: Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus aureus.
Beclomethasone has antiexudative, antipruritic, anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory effects. The mechanism of its action is explained by inhibition of the accumulation of leukocytes, inhibition of the process of phagocytosis, the release of lysosomal specific enzymes and inflammatory mediators. In addition, the substance helps to reduce vascular tissue permeability and prevents the appearance of puffiness.
Indications for use
- athlete's foot;
- dermatoses (secondarily infected);
- dermatomycosis (including with localization in the groin area);
- allergic dermatosis;
- neurodermatitis (diffuse form);
- lichen planus;
- dermatitis caused by insect bites;
- atopic dermatitis;
- anogenital itching.
- cutaneous manifestations of syphilis;
- chicken pox;
- herpes simplex;
- skin reactions after vaccination;
- open wounds;
- age up to 7 years;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- increased sensitivity to the components of the drug.
Instructions for use of Candiderm: method and dosage
Cream Candiderm is applied externally, applied to the affected skin with a thin layer 2 times a day. The duration of the drug is usually 2-4 weeks and depends on its effectiveness and the patient's response.
- allergic reactions: urticaria, swelling, contact dermatitis;
- local reactions: burning sensation, hyperemia, erythema, edema, peeling, dryness, atrophy and maceration of the skin, hypertrichosis, striae, prickly heat, folliculitis, steroid acne, perioral dermatitis, telangiectasia, hypopigmentation, pyoderma, furunculosis;
- systemic reactions (with prolonged use): inhibition of the adrenal cortex.
Overdose symptoms of Candiderm: weight gain, edema, glucosuria, hypokalemia, hypertension.
Symptomatic therapy is recommended, if necessary, correction of the water-electrolyte balance. The drug is withdrawn gradually.
Avoid getting Candiderm cream in the eyes.
If necessary, it is allowed to use the drug under occlusive dressings, but it should be borne in mind that in this case the risk of developing systemic side effects increases due to increased transdermal absorption of beclomethasone and gentamicin.
The drug should be discontinued and appropriate therapy initiated when a resistant bacterial or fungal microflora appears.
Treatment of children aged 7 to 16 is carried out only as directed and under the supervision of a doctor. In patients of this age group, use on large surfaces or under occlusive dressings is avoided due to the risk of developing systemic side effects, suppression of the function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system and the development of symptoms of hypercortisolism. In addition, there is a risk of increased intracranial pressure and decreased excretion of growth hormone.
Development of cross-resistance with aminoglycoside antibiotics is possible.
Analogues of Candiderm are Belogent, Betaderm and Betagenot.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store away from light, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not freeze.
Shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Candiderm
Reviews about Candiderm are mostly positive. Patients note its high efficiency in the treatment of most skin diseases, and doctors pay attention to the rapid effect of the drug and its good tolerance.
Price for Candiderm in pharmacies
Estimated price for Candiderm is 510 rubles. for a tube containing 15 g of cream.
Candiderm: prices in online pharmacies
Candiderm cream for external use 15 g 1 pc.
Candiderm cream for external use 30 g 1 pc.
Candiderm cream 30g
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!