Table of contents:
- Laxative for weight loss
- Some statistics
- Most Popular Laxative Myths for Weight Loss
- Laxative for weight loss: recommendations and action plan
Video: Good Laxative For Weight Loss - Benefits, Harms
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-06-01 00:39
Laxative for weight loss
Among users of various diets, myths have long been circulating about various miraculous remedies that allow you to naturally get rid of extra pounds. But all this, unfortunately, comes down to the usual laxatives for weight loss. Is it true that by stimulating bowel movement with enemas or laxative slimming teas, you can achieve weight loss?
It's no secret that laxatives for weight loss are now more popular than various diets based on the use of healthy products, as well as sports. The sales volumes of these drugs have tripled over the past decade, and, unfortunately, continue to grow steadily. Their main buyers are overweight people.
Most Popular Laxative Myths for Weight Loss
Those who like to use a "good laxative for weight loss" actually lose several kilograms of weight by stimulating bowel movement and convincingly talk about the alleged "remarkable results." But is everything really so good? No! The most common myths about the use of laxatives for weight loss are:
- Laxatives for weight loss block the absorption of lipids and carbohydrates in the intestine. In fact, carbohydrates enter the bloodstream almost immediately, barely ending up in the stomach. They have the highest absorption rate among other substances. Some of the carbohydrates are synthesized into the necessary life-giving energy, and the excess "settles", turning into fat in various parts of the body: abdomen, thighs, etc. The assimilation of proteins and complex lipids occurs only in the small intestine. The rest of the food entering the large intestine is broken down into minerals, vitamins and other useful substances. Using an enema to lose weight, you can only deprive the body of all useful substances and leave the hated fats.
- Good laxatives for weight loss normalize bowel activity, and even after they are canceled, it will empty quickly and completely. Yes, the intestines are regularly emptied when taking laxatives, but even while taking them, it does not work properly. The longer laxatives are taken, the less food is absorbed. The body quickly gets used to new conditions. After prolonged use of laxatives for weight loss, various disorders of the absorption and motor functions of the intestines occur, persistent constipation develops.
Regular bowel movements lead to weight loss. This statement is only true if the stool is caused not by the use of laxatives for weight loss, but by a healthy lifestyle, a correct diet and sufficient physical activity. Regular stool is an indicator of the well-coordinated work of the body. But excess weight has nothing to do with the digestive system. The intestines should work only on their own, without even using laxative teas for weight loss. Forced emptying of the intestines washes away only useful minerals and substances, which leads to water imbalance in the body. And this: hair loss, peeling nails, loose skin and other "charms". Frequent use of laxatives for weight loss leads to metabolic disorders, and this, in turn, is the cause of obesity. This is how the vicious circle closes.
- Cleansing the intestines helps to lose weight, and at the same time, get rid of toxins and toxins. Another myth! For the sake of fairness, it should be noted that the term "slags" is absent in medicine. There is a term "toxins". Yes, these are compounds that are dangerous to the body and are present in the intestines and deep tissues. As much as you want, even the best laxatives for weight loss cannot help you get rid of them.
Laxative for weight loss: recommendations and action plan
- Without clear recommendations from a doctor, you should not use any laxatives, including laxative teas for weight loss.
- If, nevertheless, a "good laxative for weight loss" was used, for a certain time you need to forget about a slim figure and start restoring the intestinal microflora. Only after that it will be possible to start solving problems of excess weight, but without the use of laxatives.
- Remember that without daily physical activity, you will not be able to lose weight, even using a large amount of laxative tea for weight loss. Using abdominal and abdominal exercises will help your bowels work well and have regular bowel movements.
- Make an individual meal schedule, the right menu. Eat more fiber and drink clean water throughout the day.
Laxatives for weight loss can save a person a few pounds, but think about the price you will have to pay for it. Losing weight will not occur due to the elimination of fats, but due to the flushing of nutrients from the body. In this case, the digestive system will suffer quite badly. Remember: a good laxative for weight loss is a myth!
Found a mistake in the text? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.