Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Lomilan, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Lomilan
- The price of Lomilan in pharmacies
- Lomilan: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Lomilan - Instructions For Use, Tablets, Syrup, Reviews, Price
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 05:19
Lomilan: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Drug interactions
- 14. Analogs
- 15. Terms and conditions of storage
- 16. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 17. Reviews
- 18. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Lomilan
ATX code: R06AX13
Active ingredient: loratadine (loratadine)
Manufacturer: LEK dd (Slovenia)
Description and photo updated: 28.08.
Prices in pharmacies: from 62 rubles.
Lomilan is an antihistamine drug of systemic action, blocker of H 1 -histamine receptors. It has antiallergic, antipruritic, antiexudative effect.
Release form and composition
- Tablets: flat, round, with a chamfer, on one side there is a dividing line, almost white or white (10 pcs. In a blister, in a cardboard box 1, 2 or 3 blisters; 7 pcs. In a blister, in a cardboard box 1 blister);
- Suspension for oral administration: homogeneous suspension from almost white to white color (120 ml in dark glass vials, in a cardboard box 1 vial complete with a dosage spoon).
Each pack also contains instructions for the use of Lomilan.
Composition of 1 tablet:
- Active ingredient: loratadine - 10 mg;
- Additional components: gelatinized starch, corn starch, magnesium stearate, lactose.
Composition of 1 ml of oral suspension:
- Active ingredient: loratadine - 1 mg;
- Additional components: citric acid monohydrate, polysorbate 80, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate dihydrate, crystal white sugar, Avicel RC 591 FMC, concentrated glycerol, propylene glycol, wild cherry aroma, purified water.
Loratadine - the active substance of the suspension and tablets Lomilan - is a blocker of histamine H 1 receptors for systemic use. It has anti-allergic, antipruritic and anti-exudative properties.
It does not affect the central nervous system, does not cause addiction.
Lomilan helps to reduce capillary permeability, prevents tissue edema, relieves spasms of smooth muscles.
The development of the therapeutic effect begins 30 minutes after ingestion, the maximum effect is observed after 8-12 hours and lasts for 24 hours.
After oral administration, the substance is rapidly and completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. After a single dose of 10 mg of loratadine, C max (maximum concentration of the substance) is reached in 60 minutes. In the presence of food, absorption is slowed down.
Plasma protein binding is more than 95%. It does not penetrate the blood-brain barrier.
Metabolism occurs in the liver, with the formation of an active metabolite - descarboethoxyloratadine.
T 1/2 (half-life) is approximately 8 hours. It is excreted in urine and bile.
In chronic alcoholism and in the elderly, T 1/2 increases.
The pharmacokinetic parameters of loratadine during hemodialysis and in chronic renal failure practically do not change.
Indications for use
Lomilan tablets and syrup are used for the treatment and prevention of the following diseases / conditions:
- Year-round and seasonal allergic inflammation of the nasal mucosa (rhinitis);
- Allergic inflammation of the mucous membrane of the eye (conjunctivitis);
- Allergic skin diseases (including chronic idiopathic urticaria);
- Pseudo-allergic reactions;
- Allergy to insect bites.
- lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption (tablets);
- fructose intolerance, sucrase / isomaltase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption (suspension);
- pregnancy and lactation;
- age up to 2 or 3 years (suspension and tablets, respectively);
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Relative (Lomilan is prescribed under medical supervision):
- severe renal failure (in patients with creatinine clearance <30 ml / min);
- liver failure.
Lomilan, instructions for use: method and dosage
The drug is taken orally with milk or water. Allowed to be taken simultaneously with food. Lomilan tablets can be chewed if necessary.
- tablets: adult patients and children over 12 years old - 1 pc. (10 mg) 1 time per day, children from 3 to 12 years old, whose body weight exceeds 30 kg - 1 pc. (10 mg) 1 time per day, children over 3 years old with body weight less than 30 kg - ½ pc. (5 mg) once a day;
- oral suspension: adult patients and children over 12 years old - 2 dosage spoons (10 ml) once a day, children from 2 to 12 years old, whose body weight exceeds 30 kg - 2 dosage spoons (10 ml) once a day, children over 2 years old with a body weight of less than 30 kg - 1 dosage spoon (5 ml) 1 time per day.
For children under the age of 12, it is preferable to take Lomilan syrup.
Patients with impaired hepatic function should reduce the daily dose of the drug, appointing adults and children weighing more than 30 kg 2 dosage spoons of suspension (10 ml) or 1 tablet (10 mg) every other day. The duration of treatment depends on the duration of the symptoms of the disease.
In patients with severe renal impairment (CC <30 ml / min), the starting dose is: adults and children from 6 years of age - 2 dosage spoons of suspension (10 ml) or 1 tablet (10 mg) every other day, children from 3 to 6 years - 1 dosage spoon of suspension (5 ml) or ½ tablet (5 mg) every other day.
Patients with moderate and mild renal impairment, as well as elderly patients, do not require dose adjustment of Lomilan.
In the absence of improvement within 3 days of therapy, it is necessary to resolve the issue of the effectiveness of the drug with the attending physician.
The frequency of the noted adverse reactions when using Lomilan was the same as when taking placebo and depended on the age category of patients:
- Children: rarely - nervousness, headache, sedation;
- Adults: dry mouth, headache, drowsiness, nausea, gastritis, increased fatigue; rarely - alopecia, allergic skin rashes, anaphylactic reactions, liver dysfunction.
Overdose symptoms are: drowsiness, headache, palpitations (may last for a long period). For the purpose of therapy, it is necessary to remove the drug from the gastrointestinal tract as quickly as possible, and, if possible, reduce its absorption (activated carbon, gastric lavage). There is no specific antidote for loratadine today.
Two days before the allergic skin tests, the intake of Lomilan must be stopped, since it can distort the test results.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
There is no data on the effect of Lomilan (when used in recommended doses) on concentration and psychomotor speed. However, patients need to be careful if the dose is exceeded or if unusual reactions occur while engaging in potentially hazardous activities.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Lomilan is not prescribed during pregnancy / lactation.
- suspension: up to 2 years;
- tablets: up to 3 years.
With impaired renal function
In patients with severe renal impairment (with creatinine clearance <30 ml / min) Lomilan is prescribed with caution.
For violations of liver function
In case of liver failure, Lomilan should be used under medical supervision.
- Ketoconazole and cimetidine - increase the concentration of loratadine in the blood;
- Microsomal oxidation inducers (ethanol, rifampicin, phenytoin, barbiturates, tricyclic antidepressants) - reduce the effectiveness of loratadine.
Lomilan's analogs are: Loratadin, Loratadin Teva, Loratadin-Akrikhin, Lorahexal, Loridin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store out of the reach of children, at temperatures up to 25 ° C, protect the tablets from light and moisture.
The shelf life of the suspension and tablets is 4 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Lomilan
Reviews about Lomilan are mostly positive. Patients report its high efficiency in the treatment of allergic diseases in both adults and children. The cost is assessed as affordable. There is practically no information about the development of side reactions in the form of drowsiness.
The price of Lomilan in pharmacies
The approximate price for Lomilan is: tablets - 117-127 rubles. (7 pcs in the package) or 130-143 rubles. (10 pcs in a package), suspension - 86–98 rubles. (1 bottle of 120 ml).
Lomilan: prices in online pharmacies
Lomilan 10 mg tablets 7 pcs.
Lomilan 10mg tablets 7 pcs.
Lomilan 10 mg tablets 10 pcs.
Lomilan 10mg tablets 10 pcs.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!
Instructions for use Bronchipret drops and syrup. Information on dosing for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Instructions for use of Codelac Neo in the form of syrup, tablets and drops. Information on doses for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Instructions for use Erispirus tablets and syrup. Information on the dosage for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Cough syrup for children from 1 year old is the most convenient dosage form for the treatment of both dry, unproductive and wet coughs with a wide range of diseases
Cough syrup for children should be selected based on the type of cough in the child, the nature of the disease, as well as the age category of the patient