Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Metucinvel, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Use in the elderly
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about MetucinVel
- The price of MetucinVel in pharmacies
- MetutsinVel: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Metucinvel - Instructions For Use, Price, Analogs Of Injections, Reviews
MetutsinVel: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Use in the elderly
- 14. Drug interactions
- 15. Analogs
- 16. Terms and conditions of storage
- 17. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 18. Reviews
- 19. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Methucinvel
ATX code: N07XX
Active ingredient: ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate (Ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate)
Manufacturer: VELFARM LLC (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2020-20-08
Prices in pharmacies: from 364 rubles.
MetucinVel is an antioxidant agent.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - solution for intravenous (i / v) and intramuscular (i / m) administration: transparent, colorless or with a slight yellow tint (in ampoules of colorless or neutral light-shielding glass, 2 and 5 ml, 5 ampoules in a blister strip packaging; In a cardboard box, instructions for the use of MetucinVel and 1–2 blister packs. When using ampoules without a break ring or notch with a dot, an ampoule scarifier is also inserted into the pack).
Composition of the preparation per 1 ml:
- active substance: ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate - 50 mg;
- auxiliary components: water for injection, sodium metabisulfite (sodium disulfite).
The active substance MetucinVela is ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate, a representative of the 3-hydroxypyridine class. The drug suppresses free radical processes, protects cell membranes from all sorts of damage. It also has an antihypoxic effect, increases stress resistance.
The mechanism of action of MetucinVela is due to the membrane-protective and antioxidant properties of ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate. The drug inhibits lipid peroxidation, improves cell function and structure, increases the ratio of lipids and proteins, and enhances the activity of superoxide oxidase.
MetucinVel affects the activity of enzymes that bind membranes (acetylcholinesterase, adenylate cyclase and calcium-independent phosphodiesterase), receptor complexes (acetylcholine, benzodiazepine, gamma-aminobutyric). This increases the ability of cell membranes to bind to ligands, preserves the structural and functional organization of biomembranes, improves the transport of neurotransmitters and synaptic transmission.
MetucinVel increases the level of dopamine in the brain. It enhances the compensatory activation of aerobic glycolysis and the energy-synthesizing functions of mitochondria, reduces the degree of inhibition of oxidative processes in the Krebs cycle in the case of hypoxia, accompanied by an increased content of ATP (adenosine triphosphoric acid) and CP (creatine phosphate).
The drug increases the body's resistance to the effects of all kinds of damaging factors against the background of various pathological conditions: with impaired cerebral circulation, ischemia, hypoxia, alcohol or antipsychotic intoxication.
With a critical decrease in coronary blood flow, ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate retains the structural and functional organization of cardiomyocyte membranes, increases the activity of membrane enzymes. In patients with acute ischemia, it supports the developing activation of aerobic glycolysis and the enzyme acetylcholinesterase. Under conditions of hypoxia, it improves redox mitochondrial processes, increases the synthesis of CP and ATP. With ischemic myocardium, it ensures the integrity of its physiological functions, normalizes metabolic processes in it. Improves the rheological properties of blood. Strengthens the antianginal effect of nitrates. In case of acute coronary insufficiency, it reduces the consequences of reperfusion syndrome.
MetucinVel improves the clinical condition of the patient with myocardial infarction and increases the effectiveness of the treatment, reduces the risks of arrhythmia and intracardiac conduction disturbances. With progressive neuropathy, which develops against a background of hypoxia and chronic ischemia, it helps to preserve the fibers of the optic nerve and retinal ganglion cells, improves their functional activity, thereby increasing visual acuity. In patients with acute pancreatitis, MetucinVel reduces endogenous intoxication and enzymatic toxemia.
The drug stabilizes the membranes of blood cells, as a result of which the risk of hemolysis is reduced. Reduces platelet aggregation, improves rheological properties and blood microcirculation. Increases blood circulation and brain metabolism.
MetucinVel reduces the content of total cholesterol and low-density lipoproteins, due to which it has a hypolipidemic effect.
The maximum plasma concentration (C max) with single and multiple applications is reached in about 0.58 hours. When a dose of 400-500 mg is administered, this figure is about 3.5-4 μg / ml.
The active substance MetucinVela is rapidly distributed in human tissues and organs. In the body, the drug is retained for 0.7-1.3 hours.
Ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate is metabolized in the liver during glucuronidation with the formation of metabolites, of which five were identified: the first is a pharmacologically active metabolite, which is formed in large quantities and is found in urine 1–2 days after MetucinVel administration; the second, 3-hydroxypyridine phosphate, is formed with the participation of alkaline phosphatase, after which it decomposes into 3-hydroxypyridine and phosphoric acid; the third is a metabolite, which is excreted in large quantities in the urine; the fourth and fifth are glucuron conjugates.
The drug is quickly excreted from the plasma, after 4 hours it is practically impossible to determine it. It is excreted in the urine, mainly in the form of metabolites (50% within 12 hours), partially - unchanged (about 0.3% over 12 hours). Excretion of the unchanged active substance of the drug and its metabolites is variable and depends on the individual characteristics of the patient.
Indications for use
- mild cognitive impairment due to atherosclerotic pathologies;
- vegetative dystonia syndrome;
- acute myocardial infarction (on the first day as part of complex therapy);
- acute disorders of cerebral circulation (in combination with specific drugs);
- traumatic brain injury and their consequences;
- acute purulent-inflammatory processes of the abdominal cavity, including peritonitis and acute necrotizing pancreatitis (as part of combination therapy);
- primary open-angle glaucoma of any stage (as one of the drugs of complex therapy);
- anxiety disorders against the background of neurosis-like and neurotic states;
- acute intoxication with antipsychotic drugs;
- alcohol withdrawal syndrome with a predominance of vegetative-vascular and neurosis-like disorders.
MetucinVel is strictly contraindicated in the following cases:
- acute liver failure;
- severe renal dysfunction;
- age up to 18 years;
- period of pregnancy and lactation;
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
An antioxidant agent is prescribed with caution to patients with a history of allergic reactions and diseases.
Metucinvel, instructions for use: method and dosage
MetucinVel can be administered by drip or jet intravenously and intramuscularly. Before infusion, the drug is diluted with 0.9% sodium chloride solution.
The duration of the jet injection should be 5-7 minutes, the drug is injected drip at a rate of 40-60 drops / min. The maximum allowable dose is 1200 mg per day.
The doctor selects the optimal doses individually, depending on the indication and the general condition of the patient.
Recommended dosage regimens for MetucinVela:
- mild cognitive disorders: 100-300 mg per day / m course for 14-30 days;
- syndrome of vegetative dystonia, neurotic and neurosis-like states: 400-500 mg per day in / m course for 14 days;
- dyscirculatory encephalopathy in the phase of decompensation: 1 or 2 times a day, 200-500 mg intravenous drip or stream for 14 days. In the next 14 days, MetucinVela injections are administered intramuscularly in a daily dose of 100–250 mg;
- course prevention of discirculatory encephalopathy: 2 times a day, 200–250 mg / m;
- acute disorders of cerebral circulation (in complex therapy): 2-4 times a day, 200-500 mg intravenously drip for 10-14 days, then 2-3 times a day, 200-250 mg intramuscularly for 2 weeks;
- craniocerebral injuries and their consequences: 2–4 times a day, 200–500 mg intravenous drip for 10–15 days;
- peritonitis and acute necrotizing pancreatitis: MetucinVel is prescribed on the first day in the preoperative or postoperative period. The optimal dose in each case is determined individually, depending on the form of the disease, the prevalence of the process, the severity of the condition and the options for the clinical course. The drug is canceled gradually after a stable positive clinical and laboratory response is achieved;
- acute edematous pancreatitis: 3 times a day, 200–500 mg intravenously and intramuscularly;
- necrotizing pancreatitis: with mild severity - 3 times a day, 100-200 mg intravenously and intramuscularly; with moderate severity - 3 times a day, 200 mg intravenously; in severe cases - on the first day, 2 times a day, 400 mg, then 2 times a day, 200-500 mg with a gradual decrease in the daily dose; in an extremely severe course of the disease - at the beginning of treatment, 800 mg per day is prescribed, after persistent relief of pancreatogenic shock and stabilization of the condition - 2 times a day, 300-500 mg intravenously drip, then the dose is gradually reduced;
- primary open-angle glaucoma: 1–3 times a day, MetucinVela intramuscular injections, 100–300 mg, are given for a 14-day course;
- acute intoxication with antipsychotic drugs: 200–500 mg per day intravenously for 7–14 days;
- alcohol withdrawal syndrome: 2–3 times a day, 200–500 mg intravenously drip for 5–7 days;
- acute myocardial infarction (against the background of standard therapy for this disease): 3 times a day (at 8-hour intervals), 2-3 mg / kg, but not more than 250 mg at a time or 800 mg per day. In the first 5 days, MetucinVel is administered intravenously, the next 9 days - intravenously or intramuscularly. With the i / v method, the drug is injected drip over 30–90 minutes, diluting 100–150 ml of 0.9% sodium chloride solution or 5% dextrose solution. If necessary, jet injection is possible for at least 5 minutes.
- on the part of the cardiovascular system: a short-term increase in blood pressure;
- from the nervous system: sleep disorders, drowsiness;
- from the digestive system: metallic taste in the mouth, dryness of the oral mucosa, diarrhea, flatulence, nausea;
- from the respiratory system: a sore throat, a feeling of discomfort in the chest, a feeling of lack of air (most often of a short-term nature and is caused by the excessively rapid administration of MetucinVel);
- others: a feeling of warmth throughout the body, an unpleasant odor, hypersensitivity reactions.
The active ingredient MetucinVela is characterized by low toxicity, so the risk of overdose is unlikely.
If the recommended dose is accidentally significantly exceeded, insomnia may develop, sometimes drowsiness and sedation. Intravenous administration can increase blood pressure.
Symptoms usually resolve on their own within 24 hours, so no specific treatment is required. If blood pressure is too high, antihypertensive drugs are prescribed under the control of this indicator. With severe insomnia, the use of a sleeping pill or anxiolytic agent in oral form is indicated.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
During the period of treatment with MetucinVel, patients should be careful when performing any activities that require speed of psychomotor reactions and high concentration of attention, including driving.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
In the course of experimental studies of the active substance MetucinVel, no embryotoxic, mutagenic and teratogenic effects were detected. However, there have been no strictly controlled studies in humans. Due to insufficient data regarding the safety and efficacy of the drug, it is not prescribed to pregnant and breastfeeding women.
MetucinVel is not prescribed to patients under 18 years of age, since its effect on this age category is not fully understood.
With impaired renal function
An antioxidant agent is contraindicated for use in severe renal dysfunction.
For violations of liver function
MetucinVel is not used to treat patients with acute liver failure.
Use in the elderly
In old age, MetucinVel can be used according to indications.
MetucinVel reduces the toxic effects of ethanol on the body.
Ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate enhances the effect of antiparkinsonian drugs (eg, levodopa), antiepileptic drugs (eg, carbamazepine) and benzodiazepine anxiolytics.
Analogues of MetucinVel are Vitanam, Histochrome, Cardioxipin, Laprot, Medomeksi, Mexidant, Mexidol, Mexicor, Neurox, Proinin, Rexod, Thiotriazolin, Cerecard, Cytorean, Emoxyakti, Emoxipin, Emoxibel, Emoxibel and others.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store out of the reach of children, protected from light, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about MetucinVel
According to reviews, MetucinVel is an effective antioxidant agent, comparable in effectiveness to more expensive analogues. Many patients with ischemic stroke are prescribed this drug as a preventive measure. It improves blood circulation during hypoxia, accompanied by headaches and dizziness. Normalizes metabolic processes in nerve cells, improves well-being after traumatic brain injury.
The price of MetucinVel in pharmacies
The price of MetutsinVel in the form of a solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration is approximately 330–386 rubles. per package containing 10 ampoules of 2 ml.
MetutsinVel: prices in online pharmacies
Metucinvel sol. i / v and i / m entered. 50 mg / ml amp. 2 ml 10 Pcs.
MetucinVel 50 mg / ml solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration 2 ml 10 pcs.
MetucinVel solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration 50 mg / ml 5 ml 5 pcs
MetucinVel 50 mg / ml solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration 5 ml 5 pcs.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!