Table of contents:
- Buying sunglasses: what to look for?
- Documents required by eyewear sellers
- How to choose quality glasses?
Video: Buying Sunglasses: What To Look For?
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:01
Buying sunglasses: what to look for?
With the onset of summer, almost everyone decides to purchase sunglasses. You should not, however, treat sunglasses solely as a fashion accessory. With glasses, you should be satisfied with everything, not just the external form. Therefore, when buying them, pay attention not only to the appearance of the glasses, but also to the color of the frame and lenses, and their quality. It is important to know that low-quality lenses can cause irreparable harm to your eyes, and they will not protect you from sunlight.
Drivers should be especially careful about the purchase of sunglasses due to the specifics of their work, people suffering from visual impairments or eye diseases, as well as people who prefer ski holidays (the sun does not spare the eyes not only in summer, but also in winter).
In general, all of the above factors can be expressed in one phrase: "Health is more expensive, so you should not save on sunglasses."
Of course, every person approaches the purchase of any thing, based on their financial capabilities, preferences and goals. However, it should be understood that when purchasing a cheap accessory on the market, you cannot expect that it will be of high quality and will benefit you. Moreover, in our country, you can buy a fake not only on the market, but also by making an expensive purchase in a good optics salon, therefore, when buying, you need to see if there are relevant documents for this product. Perhaps it is worth buying a good expensive item once and wearing it for several years, knowing that it will not harm your health, than buying a low-quality cheap product every year, which in the end will not bring you anything good?
Documents required by eyewear sellers
When purchasing sunglasses in a store, read the documents for them in advance. Here is a list of documents that must be present for each product:
- Passport for glasses;
- Tag, label on the glasses themselves (all information on it must correspond to passport data);
- A copy of the certificate with the seal of the organization;
- The glasses must contain not only the name of the manufacturer, but also the country of origin, the size of the temple, the model number and the number designation of the lens color.
How to choose quality glasses?
When buying glasses, you need to pay attention to the following parameters:
- Sun protection degree. The maximum degree of protection against ultraviolet radiation will be in glasses, on which the certificate indicates the degree of protection of 400 nm from three types of rays: "UV-A", "UV-B", "UV-C". The degree of protection with the indicated figure of 290-380 nm is somewhat lower for two types of rays: "UV-A", "UV-B". It is important to know that the degree of protection against ultraviolet rays does not depend at all on the color of the lenses, but only on the presence of a special protective coating. Thus, even transparent goggles can be UV protected.
- Light protection level. This parameter just depends on the color of the lenses. The darker they are, the higher it is. There are lenses that transmit from 80 to 100% of the light, which are used in normal weather, from 43 to 80%, intended for an inactive sun, from 18 to 43%, used in sunny weather, from 8 to 18%, designed for an active summer sun, and from 3 to 8%, which are intended for recreation at a seaside or ski resort, where water or snow reflects the glare of the sun.
- Lens color. As stated above, the color of the lenses does not affect the degree of UV protection, but it does affect the level of protection against bright light. In addition, it influences the perception of the world. For example, lenses of blue or pink color, when worn for a long time, can cause damage to the eye lens or to some extent contribute to disorientation in space.
- The material from which the lenses are made. Depending on your preference, you can choose plastic or glass. Undoubtedly, glass, as a natural material, is much more difficult to scratch, and the eyes perceive it more organically. But it has one serious drawback - it beats, which is fraught with injury to the eye area. The damage from a shard in the eyes more than covers all the great advantages from the use of glass lenses. Today, modern manufacturers offer a wide range of sunglasses made of high quality plastic. Plastic has almost the same list of advantages, plus it doesn't break.
Found a mistake in the text? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.