Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Colibacterin, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Colibacterin
- The price of Colibacterin in pharmacies
Video: Colibacterin - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Analogues
Colibacterin: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Colibacterin
ATX code: A07FA
Active ingredient: Escherichia coli (Escherichia coli)
Manufacturer: Microgen NPO FGUP MZ RF (Russia)
Description and photo updated: 2019-27-08
Colibacterin, an eubiotic that regulates the balance of intestinal microflora, belongs to the group of Medical Immunobiological Preparations (MIBP).
Release form and composition
The dosage form is a lyophilisate for preparing a suspension for oral administration: a porous or crystalline mass with a specific odor, may have a yellowish, beige or whitish-gray color (3 doses in a vial, 10 vials in a cardboard box and instructions for the use of Colibacterin).
The active substance is live antagonistically active strains of Escherichia coli, 1 dose contains 10x10 9 live microbes.
The therapeutic effect of Colibacterin is due to the antagonistic activity exhibited by Escherichia coli against pathogenic / opportunistic intestinal microflora, especially Shigella, Salmonella and Proteus.
Indications for use
Colibacterin is recommended for use in adults and children over 6 months of age in the complex therapy of the following diseases / conditions:
- protracted and chronic dysentery;
- chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (nonspecific and specific chronic colitis / enterocolitis with severe dyspeptic disorders);
- dysbacteriosis of various etiologies;
- the period of convalescence after acute intestinal infections.
- the neonatal period and children's age up to 6 months;
- ulcerative colitis, ulcerative colitis (ulcerative colitis).
Colibacterin, instructions for use: method and dosage
The suspension prepared from the lyophilisate of Colibacterin is intended for oral administration.
Immediately before preparing the suspension, the metal cap should be removed from the vial, then the rubber stopper. Its contents must be diluted at the rate of 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of cold boiled water for 1 dose of the drug.
Dissolution is carried out as follows:
- Pour 3 teaspoons (15 ml of water) into a glass.
- Remove the cap and stopper, open the bottle.
- Transfer some water (3-5 ml) from a glass to the bottle.
- Dissolve for no more than 5 minutes, after dissolving and forming a homogeneous opaque suspension (from yellowish-beige to whitish-gray in color of varying intensity of staining), transfer the contents of the bottle into the same glass, and then mix.
1 teaspoon of the suspension contains 1 dose of the drug.
Colibacterin suspension should be taken orally, 30–40 minutes before meals.
Daily doses depending on the patient's age:
- children 0.5–1 years: 2–4 doses;
- children 1–3 years old: 4–8 doses;
- children over 3 years old and adults: 6–12 doses.
The daily dose may be divided into 2-3 doses.
The duration of therapy and the number of doses per appointment is determined by the attending physician depending on the severity, duration and severity of dysbiosis.
If necessary, the course can be repeated, but not earlier than 3–6 months later, after a preliminary study of the intestinal microflora.
The use of a suspension usually does not cause side effects in patients.
In the course of treatment, in rare cases, the appearance of mild forms of dyspeptic disorders may occur, which do not require the appointment of additional treatment or discontinuation of the drug and go away on their own.
In case of a pronounced reaction of the patient to the drug, you should temporarily stop taking or consider the feasibility of discontinuing treatment.
Due to the use of Colibacterin, overdose symptoms were not recorded.
During breaks in the process of treatment, patients are shown to take lacto- or bifidus-containing drugs.
A drug with a violation of the integrity of the package (cracked bottle), with a changed appearance and in the absence of labeling is considered unsuitable for use.
It is not recommended to dissolve the lyophilisate in water with a temperature of more than 40 ° C.
The dissolved preparation is not subject to further storage.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
There is no data.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Controlled clinical studies on the safety of the use of Colibacterin during pregnancy and lactation have not been conducted.
In pediatrics, the use of Colibacterin is contraindicated for the treatment of children under the age of six months.
The use of the drug is not recommended to be combined with chemotherapy and / or the simultaneous administration of antibiotics.
Colibacterin analogs are Acipol, Acylact, Bactistatin, Bifidumbacterin, Bifidumbacterin Forte, Bactisubtil, Bifikol, Bifilakt-BILS, Bifiliz (VIGEL), Bifiliz, Bifiform, Bifinorm, LinexiLorin, Forte, Probofinorm, Linexilorin, Forte, Probofinorm and etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store and transport at 2–8 ° С. Keep out of the reach of children.
The shelf life is 12 months.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Colibacterin
Eubiotics, which restore and maintain the balance of the intestinal microflora, are indispensable for dysbiosis and many other intestinal disorders. According to reviews, Colibacterin copes well enough with the resumption of the function of the gastrointestinal tract in those patients who were able to overcome their aversion to the smell and taste of the suspension, and drank the full course.
In addition to unpleasant (some patients say nauseous) taste and smell, the disadvantages of the drug include its short shelf life and the frequent lack of lyophilisate on sale.
A few reviews describe the absence of clinically significant changes in the patient's condition after a full course of treatment.
The price of Colibacterin in pharmacies
The approximate price of Colibacterin (lyophilisate for preparation of a suspension for oral administration, 3 doses in 1 bottle) for 10 bottles per package is 214–244 rubles.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!