Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Kamistad: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Kamistad
- Price for Kamistad in pharmacies
- Kamistad: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Kamistad - Instructions For Using The Gel, Price, Reviews, Analogues
Kamistad: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Kamistad
ATX code: A01AD11
Active ingredient: lidocaine (lidocaine), chamomile flower extract (chamomillae recutitae floridis extract)
Manufacturer: Stada Arzneimittel AG (Germany)
Description and photo update: 2018-23-10
Prices in pharmacies: from 237 rubles.
Kamistad is an antiseptic preparation for local use in dentistry with anesthetic effect.
Release form and composition
Kamistad is available in the form of a gel for topical use: a yellowish-brown mass (10 g each in an aluminum tube, in a cardboard box 1 tube).
100 g of gel contains:
- active ingredients: lidocaine hydrochloride (in the form of monohydrate) - 2 g, chamomile flower extract (1: 4-5) - 18.5 g (as extractant - ethanol and trometamol);
- auxiliary components: trometamol, carbomer, 50% solution of benzalkonium chloride, sodium saccharinate, camphor cinnamon oil, 96% ethanol, 98% formic acid, water.
The mechanism of action of Kamistad is due to its combined composition.
Lidocaine is an anesthetic substance that quickly and over a long period helps to reduce pain in inflammation and damage to the mucous membrane of the mouth and gums.
Chamomile flower extract has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic effect, and has regenerating properties.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Kamistad is used for pain syndrome against the background of inflammation of the lips and oral mucosa:
- cheilitis and glacial erythema of the lips;
- inflammation of the gums (gingivitis);
- eruption of wisdom teeth;
- irritation of the oral mucosa caused by wearing dentures or braces;
- dental procedures, the period after orthopedic surgery in maxillofacial surgery.
- period of pregnancy;
- age up to 12 years;
- hypersensitivity to drug components.
Instructions for the use of Kamistad: method and dosage
Gel Kamistad is intended for topical application by applying it to painful and inflamed areas of the lips and mucous membrane of the mouth and rubbing lightly with massaging movements.
When using the drug to relieve pain caused by wearing dentures, the gel should be rubbed into the squeezed areas.
The recommended dosage is a strip of gel 0.5 cm long 3 times a day. The duration of the course of treatment is determined individually, it depends on the severity of the disease.
Allergic reactions may develop against the background of using the gel.
Symptoms of an overdose of Kamistad have not been established.
If signs of an allergic reaction appear, the drug should be discontinued and a doctor should be consulted.
Avoid getting the gel in the eyes, it is recommended to wash your hands thoroughly before and after using it.
The preparation contains sodium saccharinate - a sugar substitute.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Kamistad gel during pregnancy and breastfeeding is contraindicated.
Do not use Kamistad to treat children under 12 years of age.
The interaction of Kamistad with simultaneous use with other drugs has not been established.
Kamistad analogs are: Lidocaine, Mundizal, Kalgel, Luan, Dentinox.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at temperatures up to 30 ° C.
Shelf life - 5 years, after opening the tube - 1 year.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Kamistad
According to reviews, Kamistad is an excellent remedy for emergency relief from pain in the oral cavity. The drug has a quick anesthetic effect, neutralizing the painful sensation in the areas of application of the gel. The effect is not very long-lasting, but, for example, with a disease such as stomatitis, there is enough time to eat. Many patients point to the immediate effect of the drug in case of toothache and during teething, and also note the anti-inflammatory effect in case of irritation of the oral mucosa and chapped lips. The convenient shape of the tube tip is noted, which allows squeezing out the required amount of the drug.
Price for Kamistad in pharmacies
The price of Kamistad for 1 tube can be from 248 rubles.
Kamistad: prices in online pharmacies
Kamistad gel for topical application 10 g 1 pc.
Kamistad dental gel 10g
Kamistad Baby gel for teething gel for topical use 10 ml 1 pc.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!