Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Mycosan: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Mycosane
- The price of Mycosan in pharmacies
- Mycosan: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Mycosan - Instructions, Application For Fungus, Price, Reviews, Analogues
Mycosan: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Drug interactions
- 10. Analogs
- 11. Terms and conditions of storage
- 12. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 13. Reviews
- 14. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Mycosan
ATX code: B35.1, B37.2, L62.8
Active ingredient: rye ferment filtrate (filtration fermentum secale cereale)
Producer: Serrix BV (Netherlands)
Description and photo updated: 2018-26-11
Prices in pharmacies: from 918 rubles.
Mycosan is a remedy for removing fungal infections from the nail plate.
Release form and composition
Mycosan is available as a kit for removing fungal infections from the nail plate: nail serum (1 tube with an applicator brush), 10 pcs. disposable files (one side - with a large abrasive, the other - with a fine one), in a cardboard box 1 tube complete with 10 files.
Serum for nails contains:
- active substance: rye enzyme filtrate - 40%;
- auxiliary components: pentylene glycol - 10%, dimethylisosorbide - 1.5%, hydroxyethyl cellulose - 0.9%, water - 47.6%.
Mycosan for Fungus is a special set for nail care that includes an antifungal serum and disposable nail files to remove the damaged layer of the nail surface. The serum is intended for the treatment and prevention of fungal infection, strengthens and restores the density of the structure of the nail plate. The mechanism of its action is due to the properties of the components of the composition. Dimethylisosorbide and pentylene glycol create a double transdermal system, which ensures rapid and deep penetration of the active substance through the stratum corneum of the nail plate. The rye enzyme filtrate is active against a wide range of pathogenic fungi, destroying the lipid membrane, it causes their death. The effect of hydroxyethyl cellulose is aimed at strengthening weakened and brittle nails and creating a surface barrier,protecting healthy nails from the penetration of fungal infections.
After applying the serum to the nail, a water-soluble, colorless film forms, completely covering its entire surface. The film prevents further spread of fungi along the nail, promotes its natural regrowth.
Indications for use
- elimination of fungal infections of the nails;
- prevention of recurrence of fungal nail infection;
- strengthening of the nail plates with increased fragility and delamination.
According to the instructions, Mycosan is contraindicated for use in children under the age of four.
Instructions for the use of Mycosan: method and dosage
The serum is intended for topical application by applying to the entire previously cleaned surface of the affected nail plate. Then you need to dry the nail to form a film on it.
The disposable nail file included in the kit should be carefully cleaned once a week with the affected nail.
Recommended dosage regimen:
- treatment of fungal infection: 2 times a day (morning and evening) for 28 days. Then it is recommended to carry out the procedure once a day until the healthy nail grows back completely. The duration of the course depends on the individual growth rate of the nail plate and the area of the lesion, it can be from 90 to 180 days;
- prevention (prevention) of recurrence of fungal nail infection: once a day on healthy nails;
- strengthening and nourishing the nail plates: once a day for all nails.
To assess the effectiveness of therapy, it is recommended to use a template to monitor the improvement of the condition of the nails and apply the size and location of the affected nail area on it once every 30 days. This will help the doctor assess the dynamics of therapy.
For convenience, it is suggested to fill out a patient diary, which will help to follow the recommendations for the use of Mycosan. It marks the procedures for applying serum and cleaning nails.
No adverse effects have been identified.
Symptoms of Mycosan overdose have not been established.
The Mycosan Fungus Set is intended for individual use.
The disposable file cannot be reused or on multiple nails.
During the period of treatment and for the prevention of fungal infection of the nails, the following recommendations should be observed:
- Always keep your hands and feet dry; after water procedures, wipe them well, including the folds between the fingers.
- Use individual clean towels, especially for fungal infections.
- Trim the nails in a straight line, making small roundings at the tips. You can not bite your nails, remove cuticles.
- Wear only cotton socks (if your feet are sweating a lot, socks should be changed frequently).
- Wear shoes made from natural materials.
- Disinfect shoes regularly.
- Use individual slippers when visiting the public pool, showers or changing rooms.
- Do not use nail polish as it may retain moisture.
- Use individual or disposable pedicure and manicure tools.
The interaction of Mycosan with other drugs has not been established.
Analogs of Mycosan are: Lamisil, Exoderil, Atifin, Batrafen, Bitafin, Lotseril, Miconorm, Mozoil.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at 5–25 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Mycosane
There are both positive and negative reviews about Mycosane. Among the positive aspects, patients point to a quick therapeutic effect, ease of use, and the absence of an unpleasant odor.
In negative reviews, patients report a complete absence of antimycotic properties in the drug, since after two months of therapy, the condition of the nail not only did not improve, but, on the contrary, the area of the lesion increased.
The price of Mycosan in pharmacies
The price for Mycosan per package can range from 888 rubles.
Mycosan: prices in online pharmacies
Mycosan liquid set for topical application complete with nail files 1 pc.
Mycosan Set for removal of fungus from the nail. layer. (Serum in a tube with brush-application + nail files)
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!