Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Medifox: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Medifox
- Price for Medifox in pharmacies
- Medifox: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Medifox - Instructions, Application For Lice, Reviews, Price, Analogues
Medifox: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Drug interactions
- 10. Analogs
- 11. Terms and conditions of storage
- 12. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 13. Reviews
- 14. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Medifox
ATX code: P03AC04
Active ingredient: Permethrin (Permethrinum)
Producer: OOO NPTs "FOX and Co", Russia
Description and photo update: 2019-07-08
Prices in pharmacies: from 150 rubles.
Medifox is an external drug used to destroy ectoparasites.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of a 5% concentrate for the preparation of an emulsion for external use: a transparent liquid of light yellow color or colorless (in polymer or glass ampoules of 2 ml, 2 ampoules in blisters together with a knife for opening, 1 package in a cardboard pack; in polymer or glass bottles, sealed with a dropper stopper, 24 ml each, 1 bottle in a cardboard box).
The 100 mg concentrate contains:
- Active substance: permethrin - 5 mg (in terms of 100% substance);
- Auxiliary components: butyl acetate - 0.25 mg, medical castor oil - 7.5 mg, 96% ethanol - 87.25 mg.
Permethrin, the active component of Medifox, acts directly on the body of parasites: ticks, fleas, nits, larvae, head and pubic lice, ecoparasites from the arthropod family. This substance reduces the permeability of sodium channels, which causes the suppression of nerve conduction and the development of paralysis of the parasite's body. For this reason, Medifox has an insecticidal and anti-pediculosis effect. The drug is low-toxic for humans and warm-blooded animals, it also has an uncharacteristic sensitizing, local irritant and skin-resorptive effect when applied to the skin in therapeutic doses.
Indications for use
- Phthiriasis (pubic lice);
- Head lice.
- Age up to 1 year;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the concentrate.
- Lactation period (if it is necessary to use the drug, breastfeeding should be abandoned).
Instructions for the use of Medifox: method and dosage
According to the instructions, Medifox for lice and scabies is used externally, in the form of a freshly prepared aqueous emulsion.
Recommended dosage regimen:
- Scabies: 0.4% aqueous emulsion (100 ml of boiled warm water is added to 8 ml of concentrate (4 ampoules of 2 ml or 1/3 of the contents of a bottle of 24 ml). The prepared emulsion once a day (at night) should be thoroughly rubbed into the skin (first, the upper limbs are processed, then the trunk and lower limbs). The skin of the neck and face, as well as the scalp, cannot be processed. The duration of the course is 3 days (24 ml of the drug). On the fourth day after the end of therapy, it is necessary to take a shower and change underwear and bedding;
- Head and pubic lice: 0.2% aqueous emulsion (200 ml of boiled warm water is added to 8 ml of concentrate (4 ampoules of 2 ml or 1/3 of the contents of a bottle of 24 ml). The prepared emulsion should be applied generously to the scalp (with phthiriasis) or damp scalp, rubbing lightly into the skin with a cotton swab. Medifox must be washed off after 20 minutes with running warm water using soap (shampoo).
In some cases, after using Medifox for lice and scabies, a burning sensation may occur in the places where the drug is applied (as a rule, after a few minutes it disappears on its own, additional measures are not required).
The development of allergic reactions is possible.
Overdose cases have not been registered at the moment.
During the application of the drug, it is necessary to avoid getting the emulsion on the mucous membrane of the eyes, mouth and nasal passages, as well as on the mucous membrane of the external genital organs (in case of accidental contact, the mucous membranes must be rinsed with running water).
To avoid contact with the eyes when treating head lice, children should wear a protective visor on their heads or protect their face with a cloth (kerchief). After processing, you need to wash your hands.
Information on the interaction of permethrin with other drugs is not provided.
Medifox analogs are: Nix, Itaks, Para plus.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place out of reach of children at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
The shelf life is 5 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Medifox
Reviews about Medifox differ significantly from each other. He helped some patients to remove lice and other parasites after the first treatment, while others needed a second treatment. Also, patients mention that before use, it is imperative to conduct a test for allergic reactions to the components that make up the drug.
Price for Medifox in pharmacies
In pharmacies, the price of Medifox is approximately 115–130 rubles for a 5% concentrate in a 24 ml bottle.
Medifox: prices in online pharmacies
Medifox gel pediculicidal hair gel 50 g 1 pc.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!