Table of contents:
- Arbidol Maximum
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Arbidol Maximum, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Arbidol Maximum
- Price for Arbidol Maximum in pharmacies
- Arbidol Maximum: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Arbidol Maximum - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Analogues
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 05:19
Arbidol Maximum: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Arbidol Maximum
ATX code: J05AX13
Active ingredient: umifenovir (umifenovir)
Producer: Pharmstandard-Leksredstva, JSC (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2018-27-11
Prices in pharmacies: from 437 rubles.
Arbidol Maximum is an antiviral drug.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of capsules (weight 376 mg): No. 0, gelatinous solid, white; inside capsules - a mixture of granules and powder, the color of the mixture - from white or white with a greenish-yellow or cream shade to light yellow or light yellow with a green tint (10 pcs. in blisters, in a cardboard box 1 or 2 packages and instructions for the use of Arbidol Maximum).
1 capsule contains:
- active substance: umifenovir hydrochloride (in the form of umifenovir hydrochloride monohydrate) - 200 mg;
- auxiliary components: calcium stearate, potato starch, povidone (kollidon 25), microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, aerosil (colloidal silicon dioxide);
- composition of the capsule body and cap: titanium dioxide (E171), gelatin.
Arbidol Maximum is an antiviral agent that has a specific ability to suppress in vitro influenza A and B viruses (Influenza virus A, B), including highly pathogenic subtypes A (H1N1) pdm09 and A (H5N1). In addition, the drug is active against such pathogens of acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI) as coronavirus (Coronavirus) associated with severe acute respiratory syndrome, adenovirus (Adenovirus), rhinovirus (Rhinovirus), parainfluenza virus (Paramyxovirus), respiratory syncytial virus (Pneumovirus). The mechanism of the antiviral action of the drug is similar to that of fusion inhibitors. Interacting with the hemagglutinin of the virus, it prevents the fusion of the lipid membrane of the virus and cell membranes. It has a moderate immunomodulatory effect, helps to increase the body's resistance to viral infections. Studies confirm the activity of the drug in relation to the induction of interferons. By stimulating cellular and humoral reactions of the immune system, the number of lymphocytes in the blood increases, especially T cells (CD3). Without affecting the level of T-suppressors (CD8), the drug increases the number of T-helpers (CD4). The immunoregulatory index is normalized, the phagocytic function of macrophages is potentiated, and the number of natural killer cells - NK cells - increases.the number of natural killer cells (NK cells) increases.the number of natural killer cells (NK cells) increases.
In viral infections, the therapeutic effect of Arbidol Maximum is manifested by a decrease in the severity and duration of the disease. Taking the drug reduces the risk of complications caused by a viral infection and exacerbations of chronic bacterial pathologies.
Arbidol Maximum refers to low-toxic agents and does not have a negative effect on the human body in recommended doses.
When taken orally, umifenovir is rapidly absorbed and distributed to organs and tissues. The maximum concentration (C max) in blood plasma is reached 1.2 hours after taking the drug at a dose of 50 mg, 1.5 hours at a dose of 100 mg.
Metabolized in the liver.
The half-life (T 1/2) is from 17 to 21 hours.
During the first day, 90% of the dose taken is excreted. About 40% is excreted unchanged: the main part (38.9%) - with bile, a small amount (0.12%) - with urine.
Indications for use
- prevention and treatment of influenza A and B, ARVI (including those complicated by bronchitis and pneumonia), severe acute respiratory syndrome;
- chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, recurrent herpes infection - as part of complex therapy;
- prevention of infectious complications after surgery.
In addition, Arbidol Maximum is prescribed as part of the complex therapy of acute intestinal infections of rotavirus etiology in children over 12 years old.
- I trimester of pregnancy;
- age up to 12 years;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
With caution, only in cases where, according to the doctor, the expected therapeutic effect for the mother exceeds the potential threat to the fetus, Arbidol Maximum can be used in the II and III trimesters of pregnancy for the treatment and prevention of influenza.
Arbidol Maximum, instructions for use: method and dosage
Arbidol Maximum capsules are taken orally before meals.
- non-specific prophylaxis during an epidemic of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections: 1 pc. 1 time in 3 days, course duration - 21 days;
- prevention of viral infection after direct contact with patients with influenza or other acute respiratory viral infections: 1 pc. Once a day for 10-14 days;
- treatment of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections in uncomplicated course of the disease: 1 pc. 4 times a day at intervals of 6 hours. Course duration - 5 days;
- treatment of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections complicated by the development of bronchitis, pneumonia and other pathologies: 1 pc. 4 times a day with an interval of 6 hours for 5 days, then continue taking capsules 1 pc. 1 time in 7 days for 28 days;
- complex therapy of acute intestinal infections of rotavirus etiology in children over 12 years old: 1 pc. 4 times a day at intervals of 6 hours for 5 days;
- nonspecific prophylaxis of severe acute respiratory syndrome (in contact with a patient): 1 pc. Once a day for 12-14 days;
- treatment of severe acute respiratory syndrome: 1 pc. 2 times a day for 8-10 days;
- chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, herpes infection (as part of complex therapy): 1 pc. 4 times a day at intervals of 6 hours for 5-7 days. Then 1 pc. take 1 time in 3 days for 28 days;
- prevention of postoperative complications: 1 pc. 1 time per day for two days before surgery, then 1 pc. on the second and fifth days after the operation.
In rare cases, taking Arbidol Maximum can cause the development of allergic reactions.
Overdose symptoms have not been established.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
The use of Arbidol Maximum does not have a central neurotropic effect and does not affect the patient's ability to drive vehicles and mechanisms.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The results of animal studies confirm the absence of a harmful effect of the drug on the intrauterine and postnatal development of the child, on the course of pregnancy and labor.
The use of Arbidol Maximum is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
It is possible to prescribe the drug in the II and III trimesters of the gestation period for the prevention and treatment of influenza only in cases where the expected therapeutic effect for the mother outweighs the potential threat to the fetus.
If necessary, the use of capsules during lactation, breastfeeding should be discontinued.
The appointment of Arbidol Maximum is contraindicated for the treatment of children under the age of 12 years.
No negative effects were observed against the background of the simultaneous administration of the drug with other drugs.
Analogs of Arbidol Maximum are: Arbidol, Anaferon, Hyporamine, Altabor, Ferrovir, Tiloron, Aflyudol, Amizon, Arpeflu, Kagocel.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Arbidol Maximum
Reviews about Arbidol Maximum are often positive. Patients point to the high therapeutic efficacy of the drug in the fight against viral infection in the early stages of the disease. In addition, they note the strengthening of immunity, a decrease in the frequency of severe complications. Taking the drug for rotavirus infections allows you to quickly reduce the temperature and stabilize the patient's condition. It is recommended to start taking capsules when the first symptoms of the disease appear or to take it as a prophylaxis.
There are negative reviews in which patients write about the lack of effect, the high cost of Arbidol Maximum.
Price for Arbidol Maximum in pharmacies
The price of Arbidol Maximum for a package containing 10 capsules can range from 498 rubles.
Arbidol Maximum: prices in online pharmacies
Arbidol Maximum 200 mg capsules 10 pcs.
Arbidol Maximum 200mg capsules 10 pcs.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!
Adonis is a herbaceous plant from the genus of buttercups. The pharmaceutical industry produces on the basis of adonis tincture and tablets of Adonizid, which are prescribed for cardiac neurosis, vegetative vascular dystonia, etc
Instructions for use Azitrox suspension and capsules. Information on dosing for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Nicotine patch is an effective remedy for weaning from nicotine addiction
Instructions for use of Stopdiar in the form of a suspension, capsules and tablets. Information on doses for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Instructions for use Erispirus tablets and syrup. Information on the dosage for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies