Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Nemocid, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Nemocide
- The price of Nemocid in pharmacies
Video: Nemocid - Instructions, Use For Children, Price, Suspension, Reviews, Analogues
Nemocide: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. For violations of liver function
- 12. Drug interactions
- 13. Analogs
- 14. Terms and conditions of storage
- 15. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 16. Reviews
- 17. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Nemocid
ATX code: P02CC01
Active ingredient: pyrantel (Pyrantel)
Manufacturer: Ipka Laboratories Ltd. (Ipca Laboratories, Ltd.) (India)
Description and photo update: 09.10.2019
Nemocid is a broad-spectrum anthelmintic drug.
Release form and composition
Dosage forms of Nemocid:
- suspension for oral administration: homogeneous mass of light yellow or yellow color (10 ml in glass vials of dark color, in a cardboard box 1 bottle complete with a measuring cup);
- tablets: yellow, oval, biconvex, the name of the drug is engraved on one side - "Nemocid", on the other there is a dividing line (3 pcs. in strips, in a cardboard box 1 strip).
Each pack also contains instructions for the use of Nemocid.
5 ml of suspension contains:
- active substance: pyrantel pamoat - 250 mg;
- auxiliary components: sodium carboxymethylcellulose, sucrose, sodium methylparaben, polysorbate 80, sodium propylparaben, citric acid, sorbic acid, sorbitol 70%, ice cream essence, chocolate essence, purified water.
1 tablet contains:
- active substance: pyrantel pamoat - 250 mg;
- auxiliary components: corn starch, sodium methylparaben, sodium propylparaben, arabic gum, guar gum, gelatin, purified talc.
Nemocid is an anthelmintic drug. Its active ingredient - pyrantel, is active against a wide range of helminths, sexually mature and immature individuals of both sexes, causing their neuromuscular blockade.
The following parasitic worms are sensitive to the drug:
- Enterobius vermicularis (Enterobiasis);
- Ancylostoma duodenale;
- Ascaris lumbricoides (Ascariasis);
- Necator americanus;
- Trichostrongylus colubriformis (Trichostrongyloidosis), Trichostrongylus orientalis.
The pyrantel does not affect their larvae in the migration stage.
After oral administration, absorption of pyrantel from the gastrointestinal tract is poor. Reception of a single dose at the rate of 10 mg per 1 kg of body weight (mg / kg) makes it possible to achieve a plasma concentration of pyrantel of no more than 0.005-0.13 μg / ml within 1-3 hours.
The distribution of pyrantel in tissues and biological fluids of the body or its excretion in breast milk has not been established.
In the liver, only part of the active substance that has entered the systemic circulation is metabolized to form N-methyl-1,3-propanediamine.
It is excreted through the intestines in unchanged form 50% of the dose taken, and through the kidneys in unchanged form and in the form of a metabolite - about 7%.
Indications for use
Nemocid is recommended to be taken to remove helminths from the body with the following helminthic invasions: ascariasis, necatorosis, hookworm infection, enterobiasis.
- the period of treatment of myasthenia gravis;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Nemocid should be taken with caution in children under 6 months of age, during pregnancy and lactation, as well as in patients with hepatic insufficiency.
Nemocid, instructions for use: method and dosage
Nemocid tablets and suspension are taken orally with meals or immediately after meals, the tablets should be chewed thoroughly.
The recommended daily dosage of Nemocid, taking into account the age and body weight of the patient:
- children: at the age of six months to 2 years - 2.5 ml (125 mg), 2-6 years - 5 ml (250 mg), 6-12 years - 10 ml; children over 12 years old - 15 ml each;
- adults: with a body weight of up to 75 kg - 15 ml each, with a body weight of more than 75 kg - 20 ml each.
The duration of the course of treatment, depending on clinical indications, can be:
- ascariasis, enterobiasis: once in a dose of 10 mg / kg, the minimum allowable dose is 5 mg / kg;
- ankylostomiasis: within 3 days at a dose of 10 mg / kg;
- severe forms of noncatorosis with massive invasions of Necator americanus: within 2 days at a dose of 20 mg / kg.
Depending on the age and body weight of the patient, it is recommended to use the following doses of Nemocid:
- children: aged from six months to 2 years - 125 mg each (1/2 pcs.), 2-6 years old - 1 pc. (250 mg), 6-12 years old - 2 pcs.; children over 12 years old - 3 pcs.;
- adults: with a body weight of up to 75 kg - 3 pcs., with a body weight of more than 75 kg - 4 pcs.
Recommended dosing regimen based on clinical indications:
- ascariasis, enterobiasis: 10 mg / kg body weight once. If necessary, a minimum dose of 5 mg / kg is allowed;
- ankylostomiasis: 10 mg / kg once a day for 3 days;
- severe forms of necatorosis (massive invasions of Necator americanus): 20 mg / kg once a day, the course of treatment is 2 days.
- from the central nervous system: rarely - weakness, drowsiness, insomnia, headache, dizziness; in some cases - hallucinations, paresthesias, confusion, hearing impairment;
- from the digestive system: possibly - diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain; rarely - increased activity of liver transaminases;
- others: fever, skin rash.
Symptoms of pyrantel overdose have not been established.
In case of suspicion of intoxication, symptomatic therapy is prescribed.
In case of enterobiasis in one of the family members, it is recommended to undergo a simultaneous course of treatment for all cohabitants.
It is required to conduct a control study of feces for the presence of parasite eggs after completion of treatment.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
In connection with the possible manifestation of side effects from the nervous system, patients during therapy are advised to be careful when performing types of work that require increased concentration of attention and speed of reactions.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Nemocid tablets or suspension during pregnancy and breastfeeding is indicated only in cases where the intended therapeutic effect for the mother significantly outweighs the potential threat to the fetus and child.
For the treatment of children, Nemocid is used according to clinical indications. The dose of the drug should be appropriate for the child's age, unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor.
For violations of liver function
Caution should be taken when taking Nemocid for liver failure.
With simultaneous use with drugs containing piperazine, Nemocid exhibits an antagonistic effect, therefore it is recommended to avoid this combination.
It should be borne in mind that pyrantel increases the concentration of theophylline in plasma.
Analogs of Nemocid are Helmintox, Pirantel, Vermox, Piperazine adipate, Dekaris, Helmindazole, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C, protected from moisture and light.
Shelf life: oral suspension - 3 years; tablets - 4 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Nemocide
Most often, reviews about Nemocide are positive. They report on the effectiveness of the drug. Mothers point to the universal effect of tablets and suspensions in removing various parasites from the child's body. In addition, they also periodically use Nemocid to prevent pinworms, ascaris or hookworms from appearing in children.
The price of Nemocid in pharmacies
The price of Nemocid for a package containing 3 tablets, 250 mg, can be from 12 rubles, 1 bottle of 10 ml of suspension - from 15 rubles.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!