Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Retinalamin: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews of Retinalamine
- Price for Retinalamin in pharmacies
- Retinalamin: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Retinalamin - Instructions For Use Of The Drug, Reviews, Analogues, Price
Retinalamin: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Drug interactions
- 10. Analogs
- 11. Terms and conditions of storage
- 12. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 13. Reviews
- 14. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Retinalamin
ATX code: S01XA
Active ingredient: Retinalamin (Retinalamin)
Manufacturer: Russian company GEROPHARM LLC
Description and photo update: 2019-07-08
Prices in pharmacies: from 3890 rubles.
Retinalamin is an ophthalmic drug that improves the functional state of the retina.
Release form and composition
The dosage form is a lyophilisate for the preparation of a solution for intramuscular and parabulbar administration: white with a yellowish tinge or white porous mass or powder (5 vials in blisters, 2 packs in a cardboard box).
The composition of 1 bottle with lyophilisate includes:
- Active substance: polypeptide water-soluble fractions of the cattle retina (complex) - 5 mg;
- Additional component (as a stabilizer): glycine - 17 mg.
Retinalamin is a complex of water-soluble polypeptide fractions, the molecular weight of which does not exceed 10,000 Da. The drug stimulates the work of photoreceptors and cellular elements of the retina, improves the functional interaction of the pigment epithelium and the outer segments of the photoreceptors, the growth of glial cells in dystrophic changes, and also contributes to a more rapid recovery of light sensitivity of the retina.
Retinalamin normalizes vascular permeability, accelerates regeneration processes in trauma and diseases of the retina, and minimizes the manifestation of a local inflammatory reaction. The drug normalizes the function of cell membranes and improves metabolic processes in the tissues of the eye. Its use leads to an improvement in intracellular protein synthesis, regulation of lipid peroxidation processes and optimization of energy processes.
Retinalamin also enhances immune properties, has a beneficial effect on blood coagulation and has protective properties in relation to the vascular epithelium.
Due to its complex multicomponent composition, the pharmacokinetics of the drug remains unexplored.
Indications for use
- Myopic disease (in combination with other drugs);
- Diabetic retinopathy;
- Primary open-angle glaucoma (compensated);
- Central retinal degeneration, including diseases of inflammatory and traumatic etiology;
- Tapetoretinal abiotrophy (central and peripheral).
- Pregnancy and lactation (the safety profile for this group of patients has not been studied);
- Age up to 1 year (tapetoretinal abiotrophy (central and peripheral), central retinal dystrophy of inflammatory and traumatic etiology) and up to 18 years (compensated primary open-angle glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, myopic disease - the safety profile for this age group of patients has not been studied);
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Instructions for the use of Retinalamin: method and dosage
Recommended dosage regimen for adults:
- Diabetic retinopathy, central retinal dystrophy of traumatic and inflammatory etiology, central and peripheral tapetoretinal abiotrophy: 1 time per day, 5-10 mg intramuscularly or parabulbar, course duration - 5-10 days, after 3-6 months, therapy may be repeated;
- Compensated primary open-angle glaucoma: 1 time per day, 5 mg intramuscularly or parabulbar, course duration - 10 days, after 3-6 months, therapy may be repeated;
- Myopic disease: 1 time per day, 5 mg parabulbarno, course duration - 10 days; therapy is recommended to be carried out in combination with B vitamins and angioprotective agents.
Before administration, the drug is dissolved in water for injection, 0.9% sodium chloride solution or 0.5% solution of novocaine (procaine) with a volume of 1-2 ml. To avoid foaming, the needle should be pointed towards the wall of the bottle.
The recommended regimen for the use of Retinalamin for children in the treatment of central retinal dystrophy of inflammatory and traumatic etiology, peripheral and central tapetoretinal abiotrophy (parabulbar or intramuscular injection with a frequency of administration once a day):
- 1-5 years old - 2.5 mg;
- 6-18 years old - 2.5-5 mg.
The lyophilisate must first be diluted in a 0.9% sodium chloride solution with a volume of 1-2 ml. To avoid foaming, the needle should be pointed towards the wall of the bottle.
The duration of the course is 10 days, after 3-6 months, therapy may be repeated.
There are no data on the development of side effects.
In the presence of individual hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, the development of allergic reactions can be observed.
Overdose cases have not been registered at the moment.
There are no peculiarities of the action of Retinalamin during the first application and after its cancellation.
The drug should be used only for medical purposes.
After dissolving the lyophilisate, the solution must be used immediately.
If the injection is missed, a double dose should not be administered, the next injection is administered on the scheduled day (according to the standard scheme).
It is not recommended to mix the drug with other solutions.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
According to the instructions, Retinalamin does not affect the ability to drive and perform potentially hazardous work.
There are no data on the significant interaction of Retinalamin with other substances / preparations in the instructions.
Retinalamin analogs are: Artelak, Vidisik, Korneregel, Okoferon.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark place, out of reach of children, at a temperature of 2-20 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews of Retinalamine
Reviews of Retinalamine are almost 100% positive. Intramuscular injection allows you to use the drug at home. Patients note that during treatment, visual perception improves and the field of vision expands. However, the price of the drug seems to be too high for many of them.
Price for Retinalamin in pharmacies
The average price for Retinalamin in pharmacies is 3700–4200 rubles (per package containing 10 bottles).
Retinalamin: prices in online pharmacies
Retinalamin 5 mg lyophilisate for preparation of a solution for intramuscular and parabulbar administration 10 pcs.
Retinalamin lyoph. for solution for i / m and parabulbs. entered 5mg 10 pcs.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!