Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Places Midin-Sense, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Places
- Price for Midin-Sense Places in pharmacies
- PlacesMidin-sense: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Places Midin-Sense - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Analogues
Places Midin-Sense: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Mestamidin-sens
ATX code: D08AX
Active ingredient: octenidine dihydrochloride (Octenidine dihydrochloride) + phenoxyethanol (Phenoxyethanol)
Manufacturer: Solopharm (Grotex LLC) (Russia)
Description and photo update: 28.11.2018
Prices in pharmacies: from 160 rubles.
Places Midin-Sense is an antiseptic drug.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - solution for local / external use: transparent or almost transparent, colorless or slightly colored, does not contain visible suspended particles (in polymer vials, sealed with a dropper stopper with a screw cap, 50 or 100 ml each; in polymer vials equipped with a pump with a pressure spray device, complete with a folding cannula or without it, 50 or 150 ml each; in a cardboard box 1 bottle and instructions for use Place Midin-Sens. For hospitals: in polymer bottles sealed with a screw cap, 500 or 1000 ml each; in a corrugated box from cardboard 1–40 bottles with instructions for use).
Composition for 1 ml of solution:
- active ingredients: octenidine dihydrochloride - 1 mg; phenoxyethanol - 20 mg;
- auxiliary ingredients: sodium chloride - 0.5 mg; propyl betainamide fatty acids [coconut oil (cocamidopropyl betaine)] - 3 mg; sodium gluconate - 4 mg; anhydrous glycerol - 5 mg; 0.05M sodium hydroxide solution or 0.05M hydrochloric acid solution - up to PH 5.0–7.0; water for injection - up to 1 ml.
Places Midin-Sense has a wide spectrum of antimicrobial action, exhibits fungicidal and virucidal activity based on hydrophobic interaction with the membranes of the cytoplasms of pathogenic microorganisms octenidine dihydrochloride and phenoxyethanol.
The drug is effective against spore and asporogenic microflora, gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria (both aerobic and anaerobic), fungicides of the genus dermatophytes and candida, lipophilic viruses, mycoplasma and ureaplasma. With short or long-term use of MestaMidin-Sense, resistance to it does not develop.
The drug has no toxic effect and is practically not absorbed through the skin, mucous membranes and wound surfaces. Places Midin-Sense kills microorganisms, but does not damage tissue cells, its use promotes the healing of burns and wounds.
Indications for use
Places Midin-Sense is recommended for the treatment of skin and mucous membranes in surgical and obstetric-gynecological practices, in pediatrics, traumatology, dermatovenerology, otolaryngology, proctology, dentistry.
The solution is also used to treat wounds and burn surfaces. In addition, the preparation is used to treat the feet and skin between the toes in order to prevent mycoses.
Do not use MestoMidin-Sense solution for washing the abdominal cavity (for example, during surgery), for instillation into the bladder and in the area of the tympanic membrane.
The drug is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to its components.
Places Midin-Sense, instructions for use: method and dosage
Traumatology, surgery, proctology
For the prevention of infection and for the purpose of therapy, the mucous membranes and the skin of the affected surface are irrigated. The area of tissue injury or surgery must be completely treated. In hard-to-reach areas, the solution is applied by spraying. The exposure time of the drug is ≥ 1-2 minutes.
Treatment of postoperative sutures is carried out using a cannula by irrigation or by wiping using a tampon abundantly moistened with a solution. The procedure is performed 2 times a day for 5-7 days.
- treatment of the surgical field: before surgery, it is necessary to treat the surgical field with a solution abundantly moistened with a sterile napkin or irrigate it with a cannula; the surface needs to be processed twice;
- sanitation of the birth canal: carried out with undiluted solution by irrigation using a cannula; the procedure is performed once a day for 5-7 days;
- treatment of the hands of an obstetrician-gynecologist: before using the solution, wash hands and forearms thoroughly with warm water and neutral soap for 2 minutes, then dry them with a sterile gauze napkin. After that, 3-5 ml of MesaMidin-Sense is applied at least twice (the exposure time of the drug is 5 minutes) and sterile gloves are put on dry hands;
- treatment of skin and mucous membranes in newborns: an antiseptic is used to treat an umbilical wound, before placing central venous catheters, venous cannulas, peripheral catheters, undiluted by irrigation or wiping with a swab abundantly moistened with a solution;
- nipple treatment: for the purpose of prevention and for the treatment of cracks, the nipples of the mammary glands are treated with a solution immediately after breastfeeding. Immediately before the next feeding, the mammary glands must be wiped with a cloth moistened with boiled water.
Method of oral cavity sanitation, depending on the patient's age (the procedure is performed 3-4 times a day):
- children aged 3–6 years: processing is carried out with a swab abundantly moistened (3-5 ml of antiseptic);
- children aged 7-14: it is recommended to rinse the mouth with 5-7 ml of solution, it can be diluted in a ratio of 1 to 1 with drinking water;
- children over 14 years old: irrigate the oral cavity with a cannula, by pressing once. For rinsing the mouth and throat, a dose of 10 ml of the drug is recommended, the duration of the procedure is 20 seconds; Places Midin-Sense can be diluted in a ratio of 1 ÷ 1 with drinking water;
- adult patients: irrigate the oral cavity with a cannula, by pressing twice. For rinsing the mouth and throat, a dose of 20 ml of the drug is recommended, the duration of the procedure is 20 seconds; Places Midin-Sense can be diluted in a 1 ÷ 1 ratio with drinking water.
It is recommended to use a solution for rinsing the pharynx and mouth cavity only for patients who are able to rinse out their mouth on their own.
The duration of the course is from 4 to 7 days and depends on the timing of the onset of remission.
Only patients who can rinse their mouths independently should use the solution in dental practice for washing the pharynx and oral cavity. In this case, the recommended dose for rinsing is 20 ml, the duration of the procedure is 20 seconds. The contact time of the drug with mucous membranes should not exceed 60 seconds.
Patients who are unable to rinse out their mouth on their own can wipe the mouth and pharynx with a swab moistened with a solution. In this case, the contact time should not exceed 120 seconds. It is imperative to make sure that the solution does not enter the respiratory tract. MestaMidin-Sense can be diluted with drinking water in a ratio of 1 ÷ 1.
STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
In order to prevent STDs, PlaceMidin-Sens is used no later than half an hour after intercourse. It should be abundantly irrigated or wiped with a moistened cotton swab on the skin and mucous membranes of the external genital organs.
If after antiseptic therapy there is no improvement in the condition, the existing symptoms are aggravated or new ones appear, you should seek the advice of a specialist. Places Midin-Sense should be used only according to the indications, in the recommended way, in the doses indicated in the instructions for use.
The duration of the course should not exceed 14 days.
Adverse events, in accordance with the frequency scale [very often - not less than 0.1; often - (≥ 0.01, but <0.1); infrequently - (≥ 0.001, but <0.01); rarely - (≥ 0.0001, but <0.001); extremely rare - less than 0.00001, including individual messages]:
- general disorders, reactions at the site of application of the solution: rarely - redness, burning, itching, feeling of warmth in the place treated with the solution; extremely rarely - contact hypersensitivity reactions, for example, transient redness at the site of application; a bitter taste may appear when rinsing the mouth, pain, swelling, induration, blisters, eczema on the treated surfaces may be observed;
- if used incorrectly (for example, injections into tissues): edema and tissue damage may occur, up to the development of necrosis.
In pediatric practice, children experience the same frequency, type and severity of adverse reactions as in adult patients.
When using MestoMidin-Sense according to indications in accordance with the recommended dosage regimen, overdose is unlikely.
In case of contact with the skin and mucous membranes of a large amount of the solution, the treated areas should be washed with a large amount of Ringer's solution. In case of unintentional ingestion of the drug, symptomatic therapy is indicated.
Do not allow the solution to get into the eyes.
If a significant amount of antiseptic accidentally gets into the stomach, it needs to be washed out with a large amount of neutral liquid and activated charcoal should be taken immediately.
The swallowing of the drug MesaMidin-Sense should be avoided when applied in the oral cavity.
It is forbidden to inject the drug into tissues under pressure, especially with a syringe, in order to avoid damage to them. In such cases, it is always necessary to provide drainage.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
Midin-Sense does not affect the ability to drive vehicles, as well as to engage in other potentially hazardous types of work that require increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is allowed to use an antiseptic during pregnancy and lactation, provided that the intended benefits to the mother outweigh the possible risks to the fetus / child.
Data on the use of MestaMidin-Sense for the treatment of pregnant women are limited, since the study involved 300 to 1000 women at a gestational age of at least 12 weeks. They indicate the absence of the effect of the drug on the development of congenital anomalies, and also confirm the absence of toxic effects on the embryo / fetus.
No signs of reproductive toxicity have been identified in animal studies.
Pharmacokinetics of the active components of MestMidin-Sens during breastfeeding:
- octenidine dihydrochloride: not absorbed into the systemic circulation or absorbed in insignificant quantities; presumably the substance does not penetrate into breast milk;
- phenoxyethanol: absorbed quickly and almost completely, excreted by the kidneys in the form of an oxidized product, its cumulation in breast milk is unlikely.
It is not recommended to treat the surface of the mammary glands with a solution immediately before the feeding procedure.
Before using an antiseptic, pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult a specialist.
In pediatric practice, MestaMidin-sense is used without age restrictions.
Do not use MestiaMidin-Sense in conjunction with iodine-containing antiseptics, as this can cause a pronounced change in skin pigmentation in adjacent areas (from brown to purple shades).
If it is necessary to use MestaMidin-Sense together with other drugs (including over-the-counter), you should consult your doctor before starting combination therapy.
MestaMidin-sense analogs are Octenisept, Anti-Angin Formula, Aquazan, Geksikon, Lizobakt, Chlorhexidin, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Places
There is a fairly large number of positive reviews about Mesta Midin-Sense, in which patients note the multifunctionality of the antiseptic, the convenience of its use, due to the presence of different forms of release, efficiency and fast, almost instantaneous action.
If irrigation is necessary in hard-to-reach places, it is recommended to use a spray bottle with a cannula. The drug is convenient to take with you on a trip, it relieves pain and has a strong disinfecting effect when treating wounds. In cases of increased risk of infection with fungal diseases, an antiseptic is used for preventive disinfection of the feet.
The cost of the Midin-Sense Place is called affordable and more favorable in comparison with the price of similar medicines.
All negative reviews are mainly associated with the treatment with a solution of the oral cavity and pharynx, since it has a rather specific bitter taste, which most patients call nasty and terrible. After treatment of the oral cavity, there is a burning sensation, bitterness. Not all patients can tolerate the taste of the drug, some are forced to stop treatment by MestaMidin-Sense.
Price for Midin-Sense Places in pharmacies
Approximate price for PlacesMidin-sense, solution for external use:
- spray bottle with cannula 150 ml - 296 rubles;
- spray bottle without cannula 150 ml 240 rubles;
- spray bottle without cannula 50 ml - 218 rubles;
- dropper bottles 50 ml - 206 rubles;
- dropper bottles 100 ml - 232 rubles.
PlacesMidin-sense: prices in online pharmacies
Places Midin-Sense Home solution for local and external use 50 ml 1 pc.
Places Midin-Sense Personal solution for local and external use 50 ml 1 pc.
Places Midin-Sense solution for local and external use 50 ml 1 pc.
Places Midin-Sense Home solution for local and external use 100 ml 1 pc.
Mestamidin-sens solution for places. and outside. approx. fl. 50ml
Places Midin-Sense Daily solution for local and external use 150 ml 1 pc.
Mestamidin-sens daily solution for places. and outside. approx. bottle with spraying device 50ml
Mestamidin-Sense personal solution for places. and plank beds. approx. bottle with spraying device and cannula 50ml
Places Midin-Sense Personal solution for local and external use 150 ml 1 pc.
Mestamidin-sens daily solution for places. and outside. approx. bottle with spraying device 150ml
Mestamidin-sens solution for places. and outside. approx. fl. 150ml
|See all offers from pharmacies|
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!