Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Menalgin, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Menalgin
- The price of Menalgin in pharmacies
Video: Menalgin - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Analogs Of Tablets
Menalgin: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Menalgin
ATX code: G02CX
Active ingredient: Magnesium phosphoricum + chamomilla recutita (Chamomilla recutita) + Potentilla anserina + colocynthis (Colocynthis) + hippocastanum esculus (Aesculus hippocastanum)
Manufacturer: Deutsche Homeopati-Union DHU-Arzneimittel GmbH & Co. KG (Deutsche Homoopathie-Union DHU-Arzneimittel GmbH & Co. KG) (Germany)
Description and photo update: 2019-08-10
Menalgin is a complex homeopathic remedy designed to eliminate pain associated with menstruation.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of tablets for resorption: flat-cylindrical, beveled, from green-gray to white, sometimes with individual dark blotches, with a slight aromatic odor (80, 100 or 200 pcs. In a brown glass bottle, in a cardboard box 1 bottle and instructions for the use of Menalgin).
Content of active ingredients in one tablet:
- Aesculus hippocastanum (Aesculus) [esculus hippocastanum (esculus)] D1 - 25 mg;
- Chamomilla recutita (Chamomilla) [hamomilla recutita (hamomilla)] D2 - 25 mg;
- Magnesium phosphoricum (magnesium phosphoricum) D2 - 25 mg;
- Colocynthis (colocyntis) D3 - 25 mg;
- Potentilla anserina (matrix tincture) 100 mg
Additional components that make up the tablets: wheat starch, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate.
Menalgin is a complex homeopathic remedy for menstrual irregularities. The effect of the drug is due to the properties of the active substances that make up its composition:
- Aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut): contributes to the normalization of blood circulation, eliminates pain caused by blood congestion;
- Chamomilla recutita (chamomile): has an antiseptic effect, has a positive effect on mood;
- Magnesium phosphoricum (magnesium phosphate), Colocynthis (colocynth): relieve bloating, help to eliminate pain and menstrual irregularities;
- Potentilla anserina (cinquefoil): Shows a positive effect on pain in the sacrum and lower abdomen.
Indications for use
The homeopathic remedy is recommended for use in the combination therapy of painful menstruation without organic changes in the pelvic organs - primary (functional) dysmenorrhea.
- glucose-galactose malabsorption, lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency;
- starch intolerance;
- age up to 12 years;
- hypersensitivity to the constituents of the product.
Menalgin, instructions for use: method and dosage
Menalgin should be taken 30 minutes before meals or 30 minutes after meals. The tablets must be kept in the mouth and dissolve slowly.
In case of acute pain, it is recommended to take the remedy every hour, 1 tablet, but not more than 12 tablets per day. After improvement of the condition in the course of further treatment, you should use 1–2 tablets 3 times a day until the symptoms are completely removed.
It is allowed to take Menalgin when the first painful sensations occur before the onset of menstruation.
After taking Menalgin, in the presence of hypersensitivity of the gastric mucosa, mild pain in the upper abdomen can rarely occur.
No other side effects have been reported to date. If adverse events occur during therapy, you should consult a specialist.
To date, no cases of drug overdose have been recorded.
At the beginning of the use of homeopathic medicines, a temporary worsening of symptoms may develop - a primary aggravation. In this case, it is recommended to stop taking the drug and consult a doctor.
Patients with celiac disease can take the drug.
If you have an intolerance to starch (a disease other than celiac disease), Menalgin tablets should not be used, since wheat starch is included in their composition.
If the symptoms persist or are unclear, you should consult your doctor.
Patients with diabetes mellitus are required to take into account that in the treatment of acute conditions, the maximum daily dose of the drug is 12 tablets, which is equivalent to 0.25 bread units (XE).
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
The drug does not affect the ability to drive vehicles and control complex mechanisms.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, Menalgin is not used.
During breastfeeding, the product can only be used after consulting your doctor.
For children under 12 years old, taking Menalgin tablets is contraindicated.
Against the background of the use of homeopathic remedies, therapy with other drugs is not excluded.
Analogues of Menalgin are: Ovarium compositum, Dysmenorm, Remens, Menolet EDAS-139 (drops), Menolet EDAS-939 (granules), etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a place protected from moisture, out of reach of children, at a temperature of 15-25 ° C.
The shelf life is 5 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Menalgin
According to most reviews about Menalgin, a homeopathic remedy effectively relieves pain during menstruation or significantly reduces its intensity. Many patients note that after taking 3-4 tablets, the severity of the pain syndrome decreases or unpleasant sensations are completely removed.
Some patients refer to the disadvantages of Menalgin as the occurrence of adverse reactions from the gastrointestinal tract. Also in the reviews they note the absence of a homeopathic remedy in pharmacies.
The price of Menalgin in pharmacies
The price of Menalgin, a lozenge, can be 630 rubles. per package containing 80 pcs.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!