Table of contents:
- Mezim 20,000
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Mezim 20000, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Mezim 20000
- Price for Mezim 20,000 in pharmacies
- Mezim 20,000: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Mezim 20000 - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Analogs Of Tablets
Mezim 20000: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Mezym 20000
ATX code: A09AA02
Active ingredient: pancreatin (Pancreatin)
Producer: Berlin-Chemie, AG (Berlin-Chemie, AG) (Germany)
Description and photo update: 2020-18-08
Prices in pharmacies: from 224 rubles.
Mezim 20,000 is a digestive enzyme preparation.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of enteric-coated tablets: biconvex, round, with a smooth surface, from white with a gray tint to white, with a specific odor, brown blotches are acceptable on the fracture (10 pcs. In a blister, in a cardboard box 1, 2 or 5 blisters and instructions for the use of Mezim 20000).
Composition for 1 tablet:
- active ingredient: pancreatin - 220-293.34 mg, with a minimum enzymatic activity of protease - 900 units of enzyme action according to the European Pharmacopoeia (U Ph. Eur), amylase - 12,000 U Ph. Eur and lipase - 20,000 U Ph. Eur;
- additional substances: microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, crospovidone (type A);
- enteric shell: dispersion of 30% ethyl acrylate and methacrylic acid copolymer (1: 1) (dry weight), emulsion of 30% simethicone (dry weight), hypromellose, triethyl citrate, macrogol 6000, polysorbate 80, sodium carmellose, titanium dioxide (E 171), talcum powder, bergamot and vanilla aromas.
The active substance Mezim 20,000 is a powder obtained from the pancreas of pigs. The action of pancreatin is aimed at filling the deficiency of pancreatic enzymes.
The pancreatic enzymes contained in the preparation demonstrate amylolytic, lipolytic and proteolytic effects, facilitate the breakdown of fats, carbohydrates and proteins, improve the functional state of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT), thereby contributing to the normalization of digestion processes.
The acid-resistant coating that covers the tablets protects them from dissolution caused by the action of hydrochloric acid secreted by the stomach, and thus prevents the premature inactivation of pancreatic enzymes included in Mezim 20000. The enteric coating dissolves at a neutral / weakly alkaline pH, and only after that the release is released …
Indications for use
- cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis (insufficiency of exocrine pancreatic function);
- inflammatory-dystrophic lesions of the intestines, liver, stomach, gallbladder in a chronic form;
- conditions after resection / irradiation of the organs of the digestive system, accompanied by flatulence, diarrhea, impaired digestion of food (as part of complex treatment);
- functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, including against the background of intestinal infectious lesions, irritable bowel syndrome;
- preparation for ultrasound / X-ray examination of the abdominal organs;
- errors in nutrition with normal gastrointestinal function (in order to improve the digestion of food).
- the stage of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis or acute pancreatitis (the use of Mezim 20,000, however, is allowed in the phase of damped exacerbation with the expansion of the diet, when signs of indigestion are observed);
- syndrome of glucose-galactose malabsorption, lack of lactase, hereditary intolerance to galactose (the agent includes lactose);
- age up to 3 years;
- hypersensitivity to any component of the enzyme preparation.
Mezim 20000, instructions for use: method and dosage
Mezim 20000 enteric-coated tablets are taken orally, with meals, with plenty of liquid (for example, 1 glass of water).
The tablet must be swallowed whole, without chewing or breaking, since when the enteric membrane is destroyed in the oral cavity, the effectiveness of the drug decreases and the risk of irritation of the oral mucosa under the action of pancreatic enzymes increases.
The dosage of Mezim 20,000 is set individually, taking into account the indications and the severity of symptoms. Unless otherwise indicated, adults take 1-2 tablets. It is not recommended to exceed the dose of an enzymatic agent corresponding to 15,000–20,000 IU of lipase / kg / day. The dose should be increased only under the supervision of a specialist, focusing in this case on the symptoms of the disease (for example, relieving abdominal pain and steatorrhea). For children, the dosage is selected by the doctor.
The duration of treatment should be determined by the attending physician and can range from several days (against the background of digestive disorders associated with an error in the diet) to several months / years (with the appointment of permanent substitution therapy).
Patients with cystic fibrosis, when selecting a dose of Mezim 20,000, should take into account the severity of the symptoms of the disease, the results of steatorrhea control, and the maintenance of an adequate nutritional status. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 10,000 units of lipase / kg. In children, the duration of therapy and the dosage regimen are determined depending on the severity of disorders of the digestive system and the composition of the diet. The dose for children under 4 years old is set at the rate of 1000 units of lipase / kg for each meal, for children over 4 years old - 500 units of lipase / kg for each meal.
In the case when after the therapy there is no improvement in the condition or the symptoms worsen, or new disorders of the gastrointestinal tract arise, it is required to consult a specialist.
- Gastrointestinal tract: extremely rare - nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, abdominal discomfort, diarrhea; in case of exceeding the required dose for cystic fibrosis - the development of strictures in the ascending colon and ileocecal part of the intestine;
- immune system: extremely rare - gastrointestinal hypersensitivity; immediate allergic reactions, including sneezing, skin rash, lacrimation, urticaria, dyspnea, bronchospasm;
- genitourinary system: hyperuricosuria.
Symptoms of an overdose of pancreatin, especially when high doses are used in patients with cystic fibrosis, may be hyperuricemia and hyperuricosuria (in patients from this group, during the treatment period, it is necessary to control the content of uric acid in the urine).
If an overdose is suspected, it is necessary to stop taking Mezim 20,000 and carry out symptomatic therapy.
The use of Mezim 20000 against the background of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis or acute pancreatitis (in the stage of fading exacerbation), at the stage of restorative dietary nutrition, is advisable in case of existing exocrine pancreatic insufficiency and further enzyme deficiency.
In case of a change in the nature of complaints or the occurrence of abdominal discomfort that differs from previously observed, especially during drug therapy in doses above 10,000 IU of lipase / kg / day, an additional examination should be performed.
Mezim 20,000 contains enzymes, when released in the oral cavity (for example, when chewing), the risk of damage to the oral mucosa is aggravated, up to the occurrence of ulcers. As a consequence, the tablet must be swallowed whole.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
Mezim 20,000 does not affect the patient's ability to drive a car and operate other complex equipment.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
There are no data on the use of Mezim 20,000 in pregnant and lactating women.
During pregnancy and lactation, pancreatin can be prescribed by the attending physician only if the expected benefit for the woman outweighs the possible threat to the health of the fetus / child.
This dosage form of pancreatin is contraindicated for use in children under 3 years of age.
- antidiabetic agents for oral administration (miglitol, acarbose): the effect of these agents may be weakened due to the amylase in the enzyme preparation, which breaks down carbohydrates;
- folic acid, iron preparations: absorption of these agents may decrease;
- preparations containing magnesium hydroxide / calcium carbonate (antacids): the effectiveness of pancreatin may decrease.
Analogs of Mezim 20,000 are Pancreatin forte, Pancreasim, Mezim forte, Ermital, Pancreatin-LekT, Gastenorm forte, Panzinorm forte 20000, Pangrol 25000, Micrasim, Creon 25000, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Mezim 20000
According to many reviews, Mezim 20000 is an effective and fast-acting enzyme preparation. It improves digestion, relieves pain in the epigastric region, a feeling of heaviness and discomfort in the stomach resulting from overeating, eating spicy and fatty foods. The drug has also proven itself well as a means of permanent replacement therapy for pancreatic insufficiency. The drug has a convenient dosing regimen and rarely causes the development of adverse events.
In rare cases, there are complaints about the weak effect of the drug or the complete lack of improvement after taking it. Some patients do not like the smell of Mezim 20,000 tablets.
Price for Mezim 20,000 in pharmacies
Price for Mezim 20,000 in the form of enteric-coated tablets for 20 pcs. in the package ranges from 220 to 270 rubles.
Mezim 20,000: prices in online pharmacies
Mezim 20,000 20,000 IU enteric coated tablets 20 pcs.
Mezim 20,000 tablets p.o. enteric solution. 20 pcs.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!