Table of contents:
- Maxicold Lore
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use of Maxikold Lor: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Maxicold Lor
- Price for Maxicold Lor in pharmacies
- Maxicold Lor: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Maxikold Lor - Instructions For Use Of The Spray, Price, Reviews, Analogues
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 05:19
Maxikold Lor: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Maxicold Lor
ATX code: A01AB12
Active ingredient: hexetidine (hexetidine)
Manufacturer: Pharmstandard-Medicines (Russia)
Description and photo updated: 20.11.2018
Prices in pharmacies: from 202 rubles.
Maxicold Lor is an antiseptic preparation for topical use in otorhinolaryngology and dentistry.
Release form and composition
Maxicold Lor is available in the form of a spray for topical use: a colorless liquid with a menthol smell (40 ml in aluminum cylinders with a dosing pump, in a cardboard box 1 cylinder complete with a spray for oral use).
100 ml of spray contains:
- active substance: hexetidine - 0.2 g;
- auxiliary components: sodium saccharinate dihydrate, lauromacrogol (macrogol lauryl ether), sodium hydroxide (sodium hydroxide), glycerin (glycerol), rectified ethyl alcohol (ethanol), eucalyptol (cineol), peppermint leaf oil, levomenthol (L-menthol) citric acid monohydrate, purified water.
Maxicold Lor - spray for topical application. Along with the analgesic, enveloping, deodorizing properties, the drug has an antiseptic effect, showing antimicrobial and antifungal activity.
The mechanism of the antimicrobial action of the spray is due to its ability to suppress the oxidative reactions of bacterial metabolism. The concentration of the drug allows it to be active against a wide range of bacterial strains and fungal infections, including gram-positive bacteria, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida and Proteus spp. Fungi, without causing the development of resistance.
Spraying the drug into the oral cavity causes minor mucosal anesthesia.
Absorption of Maksikold Lor into the systemic circulation is practically absent.
Traces of hexetidine on the gingival mucosa are found within 65 hours after a single use of the drug. The concentration of the active substance in the dental plaque remains active for 10-14 hours.
Indications for use
- infectious and inflammatory pathologies of the oral cavity and pharynx, including tonsillitis, Plaut-Vincent's sore throat, pharyngitis, glossitis, stomatitis, aphthous ulcers, gingivitis, periodontitis, periodontopathy, alveolitis, periodontal disease, bleeding gums;
- acute respiratory diseases - as part of complex therapy as an adjunct;
- thrush, fungal infections of the oral cavity, pharynx and larynx;
- infections during injuries and surgical interventions in the oral cavity, pharynx and larynx - for the prevention of development and treatment (including prevention of infection of the alveoli after tooth extraction);
- collapsing tumors of the oral cavity and larynx - to prevent the development of superinfections against their background;
- bad breath - as a hygienic (deodorizing) means to eliminate it.
- atrophic pharyngitis;
- children under 3 years old;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
With caution, only as prescribed by a doctor, Maxicold Lor should be used during pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
Instructions for use of Maxikold Lor: method and dosage
Spray Maxikold Lor is used topically, by spraying on the affected areas of the mouth and pharynx.
The drug should be used between meals or after meals.
Recommended frequency of procedures: 2-3 times a day. If it is necessary to achieve a more pronounced effect, the frequency of spraying can be increased.
The duration of the course of therapy is 5-7 days.
Before the first use, it is necessary to remove the cap from the cylinder and, after installing the sprayer, make several test sprays. The drug can be applied by visually making sure that the spray is evenly sprayed. While holding the balloon in an upright position, the nebulizer should be inserted into the oral cavity and, while holding the breath, press it all the way 3–4 times.
After the procedure, the nebulizer should be removed, rinsed and dried. Store the can with a tightly closed cap.
- local reactions: burning of the oral mucosa, the development of allergic reactions;
- others: when the drug is swallowed - nausea, against the background of prolonged use - a violation of taste.
Symptoms: if a large amount of the drug is accidentally swallowed, vomiting. Theoretically, it is possible to assume acute alcohol poisoning if a large dose of the spray is swallowed by young children.
Treatment: symptomatic, if necessary, gastric lavage should be prescribed (within no more than two hours after poisoning), intake of activated carbon (enterosorbents), drinking plenty of fluids.
The spray should not be inhaled; it is necessary to avoid contact with the mucous membranes of the eyes.
It should be borne in mind that the ethanol content in the daily dose of Maxikold Lor is up to 48 mg.
Since the contents of the cylinder are under pressure, it should not be stored near fire, try to open, puncture, even if it is empty.
The content of hexetidine in the recommended dose is non-toxic.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
According to the instructions, Maxicold Lor does not affect the patient's ability to drive vehicles and work with complex mechanisms.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Due to the lack of sufficient information about the drug overcoming the placental barrier and penetration into breast milk, the use of Maxicold Lor during gestation and lactation is possible only as directed by a doctor, after a thorough assessment of the expected benefits of therapy for the mother and the risk to the fetus or child.
The use of the spray is contraindicated for the treatment of children under the age of 3 years.
It is possible to start using Maxikold Lor for the treatment of children over 3 years old if the child adequately responds to the need for a nebulizer in the mouth and is able to properly hold his breath when injecting the drug.
There are no data on the interaction of Maxicold Lor with other drugs.
Analogues of Maksikold Lor are: Hexetidine, Hexoral, Stomatidin, Hexetidine, Stopangin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C, keep away from freezing. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Maxicold Lor
According to reviews, Maxicold Lor helps most of the patients who used the spray. They give a positive assessment of the action of the drug, indicating an analgesic effect for a long time, relieving sore throat. The advantages include a wide range of clinical indications of the drug, pleasant taste, a small list of contraindications, ease of use, the presence of a dosing device, and a low price.
But some patients note a complete lack of therapeutic effect. Maxicold Lor caused an unpleasant aftertaste in them, the pain went away for a very short period of time.
Price for Maxicold Lor in pharmacies
The price for Maxicold Lor for a package containing 1 canister of 40 ml can range from 223 rubles.
Maxicold Lor: prices in online pharmacies
Maxicold Lor 0.2% spray for topical application 40 ml 1 pc.
Maxikold ENT spray for local approx. 0.2% 40ml
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!
Nicotine patch is an effective remedy for weaning from nicotine addiction
Instructions for use Tantum Verde in the form of a spray, tablets and solution. Information on doses for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Instructions for use Rinostop Extra spray and drops. Information on the appointment for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Instructions for use of Stopdiar in the form of a suspension, capsules and tablets. Information on doses for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Sprays for sinusitis are highly effective and are used in addition to the main treatment. They accelerate the recovery of nasal breathing and recovery