Table of contents:
- Linex for children
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Linex for children: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Linex for children
- Price for Linex for children in pharmacies
- Linex for children: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Linex For Children - Instructions For Use, Price, Drops, Powder, Analogues
Linex for children
Linex for children: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Drug interactions
- 10. Analogs
- 11. Terms and conditions of storage
- 12. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 13. Reviews
- 14. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Linex for kids
Active ingredient: lyophilized powder of bifidobacteria (Bifidobacterium animalis subsp.lactis)
Manufacturer: Lek d.d. (Lek dd) (Slovenia), Biopharma S.p. A. (Biofarma SpA) (Italy), Lek Pharmaceuticals dd. (Lek Pharmaceuticals dd) (Slovenia)
Description and photo update: 2018-22-10
Prices in pharmacies: from 207 rubles.
Linex for children is a biologically active food additive (BAA), a source of probiotic microorganisms (bifidobacteria); normalizes the intestinal microflora.
Release form and composition
Dosage forms of Linex for children:
- powder (1.5 g in sachets, 10 sachets in a cardboard box);
- drops (8 ml in bottles with a dispenser).
The composition of the powder in 1 sachet:
- active substance: lyophilized powder of bifidobacteria - 0.1 g (the number of probiotic microorganisms Bifidobacterium animalis strain DSM No. 15954 - not less than 1 x 10 8 CFU / g, which corresponds to 1.5 x 10 8 CFU / sachet bag);
- additional component: maltodextrin - 1.4 g.
- active substance: a mixture of lyophilized bacteria B. animalis subsp. lactis strain DSM 15954 (contains sucrose, corn maltodextrin, E 301);
- additional component: sunflower oil (contains E330, E307).
Linex for children contains one of the most studied strains of bifidobacteria - Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (BB-12) and a minimum amount of additional components, therefore the food supplement has a high degree of safety for children.
Bifidobacteria are found in breast milk and from the first hours of a newborn's life they begin to colonize the intestines. In children who are breastfed, it is bifidobacteria that make up from 60 to 91% of the intestinal microbiosis. They contribute to the formation of natural normal intestinal microflora and the function of the digestive system, as well as to create an optimal environment in the intestine for the action of digestive enzymes. Due to the properties of bifidobacteria, the correct formation of immunity is ensured and the risk of infectious diseases, food allergies and atopic dermatitis in young children is reduced.
Children with the following diseases / conditions are at risk for imbalance in the intestinal microflora:
- physiological immaturity of the intestinal motor function;
- premature birth, cesarean section;
- late attachment to the breast;
- unfavorable course of the neonatal period;
- prolonged stay in a hospital or maternity hospital;
- early transfer to artificial feeding.
Also, risk factors for disrupting normal intestinal microflora include the following unfavorable moments:
- cessation of breastfeeding and / or introduction of complementary foods;
- stress (in particular, when weaning and dummy nipples, when separated from the mother if she goes to work);
- functional disorders of intestinal motility;
- intestinal infections;
- frequent acute respiratory infections;
- antibacterial drug therapy;
- unbalanced diet;
- long trips, violation of biorhythms, change of place of residence;
- decreased immunity.
These factors lead to disruption of the natural colonization of the intestine with beneficial bacteria and can cause dysbiosis (imbalance of microflora). For these reasons, children at risk of microflora imbalance have an increased tendency to food allergies, functional pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as a higher susceptibility to intestinal infections.
The proven efficacy of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (BB-12):
- prevention of diarrhea in young children: there is a statistically significant decrease in the occurrence of acute diarrhea and the spread of rotavirus infection;
- intestinal microflora: manifests itself in the form of normalization of the digestive microflora and correction of functional disorders against the background of such digestive disorders as colic, stool disorders (diarrhea, constipation), gas formation;
- strengthening the immune system: it is expressed in reducing the risk of colds, strengthening the response to seasonal influenza vaccination;
- prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhea in infants: manifests itself in the form of a decrease in the risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhea;
- impact on child development: reflected in normal weight gain and growth rate.
In the Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (BB-12) has been shown to be highly safe, well tolerated and clinically effective in infants from the neonatal period. Other advantages of the supplement are the absence of lactose in the composition and the possibility of using it from the first days of life.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Linex for children is recommended for children as a source of probiotic microorganisms.
Linex powder and drops for children are prescribed to achieve the following goals:
- establishing and maintaining a balance of the functional state and composition of the intestinal microflora against the background of such digestive disorders as gas formation, colic, stool disturbance (diarrhea, constipation), etc.;
- maintaining the balance of the functional state and composition of the intestinal microflora during the use of antibiotics, as well as after the completion of the course of antibiotic therapy;
- reducing the likelihood of developing diarrhea, which is associated with bacterial or viral infections of the gastrointestinal tract (including rotavirus infection);
- prevention of atopic dermatitis in children;
- maintaining the formation and functioning of the immune system.
A contraindication to taking Linex drops and powder for children is the presence of hypersensitivity to their components.
Instructions for the use of Linex for children: method and dosage
Linex drops and powder for children are taken orally, with meals. It is possible to take dietary supplements from birth.
Recommended dosing regimen (daily dose):
- powder: up to 7 years - 1 sachet; 7-12 years old - 2 sachets; the contents of the sachet are mixed with juice, milk or other baby food with a temperature up to 35 ° C; when prescribed during antibiotic therapy, dietary supplements should be taken no earlier than 3 hours after antibiotic use; the duration of the course is 30 days, after 1 month the admission can be repeated;
- liquid: 6 drops; the supplement can be added to milk, milk and other non-hot drinks; shake well before taking; course duration - 28 days, admission can be repeated during the year.
There is no information.
There is no information.
Before taking a supplement, you need to consult a pediatrician.
Linex for children is not a medicine.
In the case of simultaneous use with antibiotics, Linex for children should be taken no earlier than 3 hours after taking antibiotics.
Linex's analogs for children are: Bifiform, Liveo, Normobact, Acipol, Biobacton, Baktisubtil, Linex, Linex Forte, Linex Gastro, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a place protected from light and moisture, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life is 2 years.
After opening the package, drops can be taken for 28 days.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Linex for children
According to reviews, Linex for children in most cases quickly normalizes the intestinal microflora of the child. Most often it is used during antibiotic therapy. The advantages include a convenient dosing regimen and the absence of special requirements for the storage of dietary supplements. The disadvantages are usually considered the short shelf life of Linex drops for children after opening the package and their high cost.
Price for Linex for children in pharmacies
The approximate price for Linex for children is:
- powder (10 sachets, 1.5 g each) - 454–472 rubles;
- powder (20 sachets of 1.5 g each) - 569-639 rubles;
- drops (1 bottle 8 ml) - 529 rubles.
Linex for children: prices in online pharmacies
Linex for children powder 1.5 g 10 pcs.
Linex for children powder 1.5 g 20 pcs.
Linex for children oral drops for children 8 ml 1 pc.
Linex for children Pak. sachet 1.5g 20 pcs.
Linex for children sachets-sachets 1.5 g solder from three packs 10pcs * 3
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!