Table of contents:
- Treatment of sciatica with folk remedies using ointments, compresses, tinctures
- Symptoms of sciatica
- First aid for radiculitis
- Infusion for oral administration
Video: Treatment Of Sciatica With Folk Remedies At Home
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-06-01 00:39
Treatment of sciatica with folk remedies using ointments, compresses, tinctures
The content of the article:
- Symptoms of sciatica
- First aid for radiculitis
- Recipe number 1
- Recipe number 2
- Recipe number 3
- Infusion for oral administration
Treatment of sciatica with folk remedies can reduce pain, restore motor activity and eliminate numbness in the area innervated by the affected root.
With radiculitis, before using medicines or folk remedies, you need to consult a doctor
Radiculitis is a disease of the peripheral nervous system in which the inflammatory process affects the nerve roots extending from the spinal cord. The disease most often occurs in people over 30 years old. In most cases, the inflammation is localized in the lower back, sometimes the neck or thoracic region suffers.
Symptoms of sciatica
Typical signs of pathology:
|Pain syndrome||The most pronounced symptom of lumbosacral radiculitis is pain syndrome. The pain is so strong, sharp and burning that the patient cannot walk, it can spread along the large nerves|
|Muscle weakness||Against the background of prolonged disruption of the normal conduction of nerve impulses, the development of muscle atrophy, flaccid paresis is possible|
|Sensory impairment||The severity of the disorder is determined by various factors.|
First aid for radiculitis
First of all, the patient needs to provide a fulcrum. He needs help getting to bed or sitting on a chair. If it is not possible to do this, a person with sciatica should lean on a chair on straightened, slightly spread arms.
With an exacerbation of the disease, the lumbar region must be fixed with a bandage
The lumbar spine must be fixed with a bandage (scarf, shawl, towel or sheet). In order to reduce pain, it is possible to use drugs with an analgesic effect: Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Ketanov.
It is possible to relieve acute pain with the help of medications in the form of injections: Dikloberla, Revmoxicam. You can also use ketorolac, diclofenac, or bee venom ointments or creams.
Folk remedies help to reduce pain and get rid of the problem at home. For their preparation, medicinal plants, fats or bee products are used. You must first consult a doctor.
Recipe number 1
In a glass container, beat the white of a fresh chicken egg to a foam state, then add 20 ml of ammonia and pure turpentine. In the last turn, pour in 20 ml of concentrated vinegar essence. White steam will appear, the container will heat up, and the ointment will turn white.
At home, you can prepare warming ointments
After the ointment has cooled, it is applied to the back area. Apply the product once a day for 7 days. The finished ointment is stored in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator. Its shelf life is 2 years.
The remedy not only quickly relieves radiculitis, but also helps well with pain in the joints and muscles.
Recipe number 2
To prepare the product, 10 horse chestnut fruits are dried and ground into powder. In a water bath, melt 100 g of pork lard, add a piece of bell pepper to it and leave on fire for 10 minutes (this will eliminate the unpleasant odor).
After that, the lard is removed from the heat and allowed to cool, then mixed with horse chestnut powder. At the next stage, add a spoonful of camphor oil to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
The product is applied in a thin layer to the affected area, covered with polyethylene and tied with a scarf. Leave such a bandage for an hour (if there is a strong burning sensation, remove it earlier). Relief comes after the first application. The finished product can be stored in the refrigerator for a year.
Recipe number 3
Half a glass of hop cones is poured over 200 ml of water and boiled over low heat until the amount of broth is halved. The product is cooled slightly and crushed with a blender.
Dissolve 150 g of natural butter in a water bath, add hop gruel and a few drops of lavender oil. Store this ointment in a cool dark place. It is applied to painful areas three times a day.
For the treatment of sciatica, an alcoholic tincture of capsicum can be used. It reduces pain, improves blood circulation and reduces swelling. For its preparation, a tablespoon of crushed pepper pods is poured with alcohol or vodka and infused for 7 days.
An alcoholic tincture of capsicum is used as a grinding agent.
The tincture is applied with caution as it can cause a burning sensation. In this case, it must be washed off using sunflower oil.
You can also prepare a medicine based on a blooming sunflower cap. It is passed through a meat grinder twice, half a bar of laundry soap grated on a fine grater is added to the gruel and 400 ml of vodka is poured. The product is thoroughly shaken, placed in a glass jar, tightly closed with a lid and insisted in a dark place for 10 days.
Stir the tincture before use. 20 ml of the product is heated and rubbed into the lower back. Cover with a piece of cotton fabric and tie it with a warm scarf. Apply in the morning and in the evening until relief comes.
The following tinctures can also be used as rubbing for radiculitis:
- recipe number 1: 20 g of white lilac flowers are poured with 200 ml of vodka and insisted in a dark place for a week. It is not necessary to filter the tincture; it is closed tightly with a lid and stored in a cool dark place. Apply to the affected area 3-4 times a day. The course of treatment is 2 weeks;
- recipe number 2: 20 knees of the golden mustache are crushed and poured with a glass of vodka. The product must be infused for at least 10 days. Then it is filtered and used for chronic radiculitis, applied to the lumbar region three times a day. The treatment lasts 2-3 weeks;
- recipe number 3: rub the horseradish root on a fine grater and squeeze the juice out of it, which is diluted in half with 96% medical alcohol. The back is rubbed with tincture three times a day and wrapped warmly.
Warming compresses are often used as part of a complex treatment for sciatica. During the period of exacerbation of the disease, it is not recommended to use them, as this can lead to an increase in the inflammatory process.
As part of the complex treatment of radiculitis, compresses from horseradish root are used
The horseradish root contains a large number of biologically active substances; when applied topically, the plant has a pronounced local irritating effect. To prepare the compress, the root is grated or passed through a meat grinder. A teaspoon of sunflower oil is added to the gruel and the mixture is wrapped in gauze.
The compress is applied to the affected area and fixed with a bandage, removed after an hour. Apply this remedy twice a day until the patient's condition improves.
The following compresses will also help to cope with radiculitis at home:
- recipe number 1: peel the black radish, rub it on a fine grater and spread it in a thin layer on a cotton cloth. Cover the top with another piece of fabric and apply a compress on the back. Cover with cling film and tied with a scarf. You need to keep such a compress for a long time. Usually relief comes after the first or second procedure;
- recipe number 2: melt 100 g of rosin in a water bath, add 20 g of beeswax and a tablespoon of sunflower oil. After the mass becomes homogeneous, it is applied to a piece of cotton or linen fabric and cooled. The compress is applied to the affected area, covered with polyethylene and tied with a woolen scarf. You need to wear it during the day, during this period the patient's condition improves;
- recipe number 3: to make a compress you need a glass of red clay. Add half a teaspoon of red hot pepper and warm water to it. A cake is made from the resulting viscous mass, which is applied to the lower back, covered with compress paper and tied with a towel. This compress can be left overnight.
Infusion for oral administration
In the chronic form of the disease, parsley infusion has a good effect. The root of the plant must be peeled, and the greens must be rinsed well. Raw materials should be chopped in a meat grinder. A glass of gruel is placed in a glass jar and poured into 0.5 liters of boiling water. The container is covered with a towel on top and left overnight.
In the morning, filter the infusion and add the juice of one lemon. The remedy must be drunk in two days. Then take a week break and repeat the reception. The course of treatment should last two months.
If, despite drug therapy and treatment with alternative methods, the patient's condition does not improve, the pain does not subside, and motor activity does not recover, or additional symptoms appear, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
We offer for viewing a video on the topic of the article.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Found a mistake in the text? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.