Table of contents:
- Oflomil varnish
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Oflomil varnish: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews of Oflomil varnish
- The price of Oflomil varnish in pharmacies
- Oflomil varnish: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Oflomil Varnish - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Analogues
Oflomil varnish: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Oflomil lak
ATX code: D01AE16
Active ingredient: Amorolfin (Amorolfine)
Manufacturer: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (India)
Description and photo update: 2018-25-10
Prices in pharmacies: from 626 rubles.
Oflomil varnish is an antifungal external agent.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - nail polish 5%: transparent colorless or light yellow liquid (2.5 ml each in dark glass bottles, 1 bottle is placed in a plastic tray, a polypropylene container with 6 applicators equipped with spatulas, 12 sachets with cleaning tampons and 12 nail files, 1 pallet is packed in a cardboard box).
Composition of 1 ml of varnish:
- active substance: amorolfine (in the form of hydrochloride) - 55.7 mg;
- auxiliary components: copolymer of methyl methacrylate, trimethylammonioethyl methacrylate chloride and ethyl acrylate (2: 0.2: 1) [ammonium methacrylate copolymer (type A) (Eudragit RL 100)], triacetin (glycerol triacetate), butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, ethanol
Amorolfine is a broad-spectrum antifungal agent with fungistatic and fungicidal properties. The mechanism of action is due to its ability to damage the cytoplasmic membrane of the fungus by disrupting the biosynthesis of sterols. Reduces the content of ergosterol, and also promotes the accumulation of atypical steric non-planar sterols.
Possesses high activity against the most common and rather rare pathogens of fungal infections of the nail plates, such as:
- dermatophytes: Microsporum spp., Trichophyton spp., Epidermophyton spp.;
- dimorphic fungi: Histoplasma spp., Coccidioides spp., Sporothrix spp.;
- molds: Scopulariopsis spp., Alternaria spp., Hendersonula spp.;
- yeast fungi: Malassezia spp. (Pityrosporum spp.), Cryptococcus spp., Candida spp.;
- mushrooms from the family Dematiaceae: Fonsecaea spp., Cladosporium spp., Wangiella spp.
After application to the nails, amorolfine quickly (within the first 24 hours) and almost completely penetrates first into the nail plate, and then into the nail bed.
In the affected nail plate, the effective concentration of the drug is maintained for 7–10 days after the first application.
Systemic absorption of amorolfine is negligible: the concentration in the blood plasma is below the sensitivity limit of the determination methods (less than 0.5 ng / ml).
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Oflomil varnish is used for the prevention and treatment of fungal infections of the nails caused by dermatophytes, molds and yeasts.
Nail polish is contraindicated for patients with hypersensitivity to any of its constituent components.
Instructions for the use of Oflomil varnish: method and dosage
Oflomil varnish is applied externally. It should be applied to the affected nail plates of the hands and / or feet 1–2 times a week.
General recommendations for the use of the drug:
- before applying the varnish using the file included in the kit, remove the affected areas, especially on the surface of the nail;
- clean and degrease the surface of the nail with the attached swab moistened with alcohol;
- dip the spatula in varnish and remove it from the bottle, without touching the neck and without erasing the excess on the neck;
- apply varnish evenly on the entire surface of the affected nail plate, repeat for each affected nail;
- close the bottle tightly;
- leave the varnish for about 3 minutes to dry;
- wipe the spatula with a swab that was used to clean the nail;
- throw away the tampon;
- wash your hands thoroughly. If the varnish is also applied to the nails of the hands, you must wait until it dries completely.
For women, if necessary, you can apply a decorative varnish over the drug, but not earlier than 10 minutes after the Oflomil varnish has completely dried.
With each repeated application of the drug, it is necessary to carefully remove the decorative varnish (if any) from the nails, treat the affected areas of the nails with files, clean and degrease the surface with alcohol swabs.
The duration of treatment is individual. Continuous therapy should be continued until the affected nails are completely healed and regenerated. On average, the duration of the drug is 6 months with lesions of the nail plates on the hands, 9-12 months - on the legs.
Due to the slow growth of nails, the first signs of improvement may appear only after 2–3 months of treatment. If after 3 months there is no clinical improvement, you should consult your doctor.
Oflomil varnish rarely causes unwanted reactions.
In some cases, the following effects occur:
- rarely (0.01–0.1%): nail damage (increased fragility and fragility of the nail plate, discoloration). These phenomena can also be the result of fungal infection;
- very rarely (<0.01%): slight short-term burning sensation in the nail area after applying varnish;
- frequency unknown: contact dermatitis, pruritus, blistering, urticaria, erythema.
Oflomil varnish is applied externally and is characterized by insignificant systemic absorption, therefore, an overdose is unlikely.
If the drug was accidentally taken by mouth, you should rinse the stomach and immediately consult a doctor.
Oflomil varnish contains ethanol, so if it is applied too often or improperly, it may cause irritation or dryness of the skin around the nail.
The cleansing swabs included in the kit contain a flammable substance.
Avoid getting varnish in the eyes, mucous membranes and ears. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
Files used on affected nails should not be used to process healthy ones.
During treatment with Oflomil varnish, the use of false artificial nails should be avoided.
Patients with conditions predisposing to the development of fungal nail infections (diabetes mellitus, immunodeficiency, impaired peripheral circulation), as well as those with psoriasis or other chronic skin diseases, nail dystrophy or a destroyed nail plate should consult a doctor.
If more than 2/3 of the nail plate is affected by the fungal infection, concomitant oral antifungal therapy is required.
Patients working with organic solvents should wear impervious gloves while working to protect the nails covered with Oflomil varnish.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
The components that make up the drug do not adversely affect the speed of a person's reactions and his ability to concentrate.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Data on the safety of the use of amorolfine during pregnancy and lactation are limited, so the appointment of Oflomil varnish is not recommended during these periods of a woman's life.
There are no clinical data on the use of Oflomil varnish in children, therefore it is not used in pediatrics.
The analogue of Oflomil varnish is Lotseril.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life is 2 years.
Storage conditions: temperature up to 25 ° С, protected from light, out of reach of children. Do not freeze.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews of Oflomil varnish
According to reviews, Oflomil varnish is an effective remedy for the treatment of nail fungus and its prevention for those who like to visit pools, baths, saunas.
The disadvantages of some patients include the relatively high cost, long-term therapy, and the insufficient number of applicators and tampons included in the set for the full course of treatment.
The price of Oflomil varnish in pharmacies
The price of Oflomil varnish on average is 795-940 rubles per 1 set.
Oflomil varnish: prices in online pharmacies
Oflomil Varnish 5% nail polish 2.5 ml 1 pc.
Oflomil nail polish 5% 2.5ml
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!