Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Otirelax: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Otirelax
- Price for Otyrelax in pharmacies
- Otirelax: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Otirelax - Instructions For The Use Of Ear Drops, Price, Reviews
Otirelax: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Drug interactions
- 11. Analogs
- 12. Terms and conditions of storage
- 13. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 14. Reviews
- 15. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Otirelax
ATX code: S02D
Active ingredient: lidocaine (lidocaine) + phenazone (phenazone)
Manufacturer: CO Rompharm Company SRL (Romania)
Description and photo update: 2018-27-07
Prices in pharmacies: from 195 rubles.
Otyrelax is a local drug with anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect, used in the treatment of diseases of the ENT organs.
Release form and composition
Dosage form of release - ear drops: transparent, colorless or somewhat yellowish (in a cardboard box - 1 polyethylene dropper bottle of 15 ml).
Active ingredients in 100 mg drops:
- phenazone - 4 mg;
- lidocaine hydrochloride - 1 mg.
Auxiliary components: sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate - 0.1 mg; 96% ethanol - 20 mg; 1M sodium hydroxide solution - up to pH 5.5 ± 0.2; purified water - 2 mg; glycerol - up to 100 mg.
Otyrelax is one of the combined topical preparations. It has an anti-inflammatory and local anesthetic effect.
The main properties of the components:
- phenazone is an antipyretic analgesic with analgesic and anti-inflammatory action;
- lidocaine is a local anesthetic.
With the combined use of active substances, the anesthetic effect develops faster. Its duration and intensity also increase.
In the absence of damage to the tympanic membrane, the active components are not absorbed into the systemic circulation.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Otirelax is prescribed for local anesthesia and symptomatic treatment of the following diseases:
- otitis externa;
- otitis media in the absence of damage to the eardrum (along with other drugs);
- barotraumatic otitis media.
- perforation of the tympanic membrane;
- lactation period;
- the presence of individual intolerance to the components of the drug, as well as pyrazolone derivatives.
For women during pregnancy, Otyrelax can be prescribed under medical supervision after assessing the ratio of the expected benefit with the possible risk.
Instructions for the use of Otirelax: method and dosage
Otyrelax ear drops are applied topically, in the external auditory canal.
The recommended scheme of use: 2-3 times a day, 3-4 drops for up to 10 days.
To avoid contact of the auricle with the cold solution, it is recommended to warm the bottle with drops in the palms of your hands before use.
Possible side reactions: hyperemia / irritation of the ear canal, unexpressed pain during use, local allergic reactions.
Overdose information is not provided.
Before using Otirelax ear drops, you must make sure that there are no violations of the tympanic membrane, which will avoid the penetration of active components into the systemic circulation and the development of complications.
When used in combination with other ear drops, the interval between instillations should be at least 30 minutes.
It should be borne in mind that one of the components of Otirelax can give a positive test during doping control.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
- pregnancy: the drug can be prescribed under medical supervision after an assessment of the ratio of the expected benefit with the possible risk has been carried out;
- lactation period: therapy is contraindicated.
There is no information on the interaction of Otirelax with other drugs / substances.
The analogue of Otirelax is Lidocaine + Phenazone.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a place protected from light and moisture at temperatures up to 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The shelf life is 3 years. After opening the bottle, it can be used for 6 months.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Otirelax
According to reviews, Otirelax is effective for otitis media. It relieves pain and inflammation, has a relatively low cost. The possibility of using it in children is especially noted. Of the shortcomings, they point to a short shelf life of drops after opening the bottle.
Price for Otyrelax in pharmacies
The approximate price for Otirelax (1 bottle-dropper 15 ml) is 158-184 rubles.
Otirelax: prices in online pharmacies
Otyrelax 1% + 4% ear drops 17.1 g (15 ml) 1 pc.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!