Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Neurox: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Neurox
- Price for Neurox in pharmacies
- Neurox: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Neurox - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Analogs, Indications
Neurox: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Drug interactions
- 14. Analogs
- 15. Terms and conditions of storage
- 16. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 17. Reviews
- 18. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Neurox
ATX code: N07XX
Active ingredient: Ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate (Ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate)
Producer: CJSC PharmFirma Sotex (Russia)
Description and photo update: 19.10.2018
Prices in pharmacies: from 202 rubles.
Neurox is a drug with anticonvulsant, anxiolytic, nootropic and antihypoxic effects.
Release form and composition
The dosage form of the release is a solution for intravenous (intravenous) and intramuscular (intramuscular) administration: somewhat yellowish or colorless, transparent (in ampoules of 2 or 5 ml, 5 ampoules in blister packs, in a cardboard box 1, 2, 4 or 10 packs; in ampoules of 10 or 20 ml, in blister packs of 1 ampoule, 1 pack is placed in a cardboard box).
Composition of 1 ml solution:
- active substance: ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate - 50 mg;
- additional components: sodium disulfite - 1 mg; water for injection - up to 1 ml.
Neurox is one of the antioxidant drugs. Ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate (EMHPS) is an inhibitor of free radical processes, a membrane protector with stress-protective, antihypoxic, nootropic, anxiolytic and anticonvulsant effects. Belongs to the class of 3-hydroxypyridines.
The mechanism of action of the substance is due to membrane-protective and antioxidant properties. EMHPS increases the activity of superoxide oxidase and the lipid-protein ratio, improves the function and structure of the cell membrane, suppresses lipid peroxidation; modulates the activity of receptor complexes, membrane-bound enzymes, which contributes to their binding to ligands, preservation of the structural and functional organization of biomembranes, improvement of synaptic transmission and transport of neurotransmitters.
During therapy, the concentration of dopamine in the brain increases, the energy-synthesizing function of mitochondria is activated, the compensatory activation of aerobic glycolysis increases, and the degree of inhibition of oxidative processes in the Krebs cycle decreases under hypoxic conditions against the background of an increase in creatine phosphate and adenosine triphosphoric acid.
In pathological conditions (including shock, hypoxia, ischemia, cerebral circulation disorders, intoxication with antipsychotic drugs and ethanol), the drug increases the body's resistance to the action of various damaging factors. It improves blood supply and metabolism of the brain, rheological properties and blood microcirculation, reduces platelet aggregation; stabilizes the membranes of blood cells (platelets and erythrocytes), reducing the risk of hemolysis; has a hypolipidemic effect, reduces the content of total cholesterol and low density lipoproteins. During therapy, there is a decrease in the zone of necrosis, normalization of metabolic processes in the ischemic myocardium, improvement / restoration of electrical activity and myocardial contractility,as well as an increase in the antianginal activity of nitro drugs and an improvement in coronary blood flow in the ischemic zone, in acute coronary insufficiency - a decrease in the consequences of reperfusion syndrome.
The stress-protective effect of Neurox is manifested in the normalization of somatovegetative disorders and post-stress behavior; restoration of sleep-wake cycles, impaired memory and learning processes; decrease in dystrophic changes in various structures of the brain.
EMHPS has a pronounced antitoxic effect in withdrawal symptoms, eliminates neurotoxic and neurological manifestations of acute alcohol intoxication, and corrects cognitive and behavioral disorders. Under the influence of the substance, an increase in the action of neuroleptic, tranquilizing, antidepressant, anticonvulsant and hypnotics is observed, which makes it possible to reduce their doses and the severity of side effects.
- absorption (with intramuscular injection): Neurox after injection is determined in blood plasma for 4 hours; Tmax in plasma is 0.3-0.58 hours; when used in a dose of 400–500 mg, the maximum plasma concentration is 2.5–4 μg / ml;
- distribution: the transition from the bloodstream to organs and tissues and excretion from the body occurs quickly; with i / m administration, the average retention time of Neurox in the body is in the range from 0.7 to 1.3 hours;
- metabolism and excretion: metabolism occurs in the liver by glucuronidation, the substance is rapidly excreted in the urine - in the form of metabolites (50%) and unchanged (0.3%) in 12 hours; the highest rate of elimination is observed during the first 4 hours. Elimination rates have significant individual variability.
Indications for use
Indications for Neurox:
- disorders of cerebral circulation in acute course (simultaneously with other drugs);
- traumatic brain injury, including their consequences;
- vegetative dystonia syndrome;
- anxiety disorders against the background of neurosis-like / neurotic states;
- cognitive disorders of atherosclerotic genesis in mild course;
- primary open-angle glaucoma of various stages (simultaneously with other drugs);
- acute myocardial infarction (used from the first day, simultaneously with other drugs);
- acute intoxication with drugs with antipsychotic action;
- withdrawal syndrome in alcoholism with a predominance of neurosis-like / vegetative-vascular disorders (for the purpose of relief).
- renal / hepatic failure in acute course;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- age up to 18 years;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
If you have a history of allergic diseases / reactions, including hypersensitivity to sulfites, Neurox should be used with caution.
Instructions for the use of Neurox: method and dosage
Route of Neurox administration: i / m or i / v (drip or jet). When administered by infusion, the drug should be diluted in 0.9% sodium chloride solution.
The solution is injected in a jet slowly over 5–7 minutes, the drip rate is 40–60 drops per minute.
The maximum daily dose is 1200 mg.
Recommended dosage regimen:
- acute myocardial infarction (simultaneously with other drugs): i / v or i / m course for 14 days, against the background of traditional treatment of myocardial infarction (in combination with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, thrombolytics, beta-blockers, nitrates, antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants, and symptomatic means). In the first 5 days, the drug is injected intravenously (slow drip infusion over 30-90 minutes in 100-150 ml of 0.9% sodium chloride solution or 5% dextrose solution; if necessary, a slow jet intravenous injection of the drug is possible, lasting not less than 5 minutes), in the next 9 days, intramuscular injection is possible; Neurox is administered every 8 hours in a single / daily dose of 2-3 / 6-9 mg / kg; maximum single / daily dose - 250/800 mg;
- cerebral circulation disorders in acute course (simultaneously with other drugs): in the first 10-14 days - intravenous drip 2-4 times a day, 200-500 mg, then intramuscularly for 2 weeks 2-3 times a day for 200-250 mg;
- craniocerebral injuries and their consequences: intravenous drip 2–4 times a day, 200–500 mg for a course of 10–15 days;
- discirculatory encephalopathy in the phase of decompensation: intravenous drip or jet 1-2 times a day, 200-500 mg for 14 days, then 14 days intramuscularly, 100-250 mg per day;
- discirculatory encephalopathy (course prophylaxis): i / m 2 times a day, 200–250 mg for 10–14 days;
- neurocirculatory dystonia, neurotic / neurosis-like states: intramuscularly, 50–400 mg per day for 14 days;
- mild cognitive impairment in elderly patients, anxiety disorders: i / m, 100–300 mg per day for 14–30 days;
- various stages of open-angle glaucoma (along with other drugs): i / m in a daily dose of 100-300 mg, 1-3 times a day for 14 days;
- intoxication with antipsychotic drugs in acute course: IV, in a daily dose of 200–500 mg for 7–14 days;
- alcohol withdrawal syndrome: intramuscular or intravenous infusion of 200-500 mg 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days.
Probable violations (especially with intravenous jet injection): metallic taste / dry mouth, feeling of spreading warmth throughout the body, chest discomfort, sore throat, feeling of lack of air. Usually, these violations are of a short-term nature and are associated with an excessively high rate of administration.
With prolonged use, the development of nausea, flatulence, sleep disturbances (problems with falling asleep or drowsiness) may occur.
Allergic reactions are also possible.
The main symptoms are: sleep disturbances (insomnia, sometimes drowsiness); with the on / in the introduction - a short-term and insignificant (up to 1.5-2 hours) increase in blood pressure.
Therapy: Disorders usually resolve on their own within 24 hours without additional treatment. For severe insomnia, 10 mg nitrazepam, 10 mg oxazepam, or 5 mg diazepam are prescribed; in cases of a significant increase in blood pressure, drugs with an antihypertensive effect are used under the control of blood pressure.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
During the period of therapy, when driving a motor vehicle, care must be taken.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
According to the instructions, Neurox is not prescribed for lactating and pregnant women.
Even if indicated, Neurox is not used to treat children.
With impaired renal function
The drug is not prescribed for acute renal failure.
For violations of liver function
The drug is not prescribed for acute liver failure.
- benzodiazepine anxiolytics, antiepileptic (carbamazepine), antiparkinsonian (levodopa) drugs, nitrates: increasing their action;
- ethanol: reducing its toxic effects.
Analogs of Neurox are: Cerecard, Mexiprim, Metostabil, Astrox, Mexidol, Mexidant, Medomeksi, Mexicor, Mexifin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a place protected from light and moisture at temperatures up to 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The shelf life is 5 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Neurox
According to reviews, Neurox is an effective drug, especially for the treatment of anxiety against the background of neuroses and when it is used in combination with other drugs. However, many people note the development of side effects, sometimes significantly pronounced, as well as its insufficient effect.
Price for Neurox in pharmacies
The approximate price for Neurox is:
- 5 or 10 ampoules of 2 ml per package: 295-370 or 345-350 rubles;
- 5 ampoules of 5 ml per package: 290-360 rubles.
Neurox: prices in online pharmacies
Neurox 50 mg / ml solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration 5 ml 5 pcs.
Neurox 50 mg / ml solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration 2 ml 10 pcs.
Neurox tablets p.p. 125mg 30 pcs.
Neurox 125 mg film-coated tablets 30 pcs.
Neurox solution for intravenous and intramuscular injection. 50mg / ml 5ml 5 pcs.
Neurox solution for intravenous and intramuscular injection. 50mg / ml 2ml 10 pcs.
Neurox tablets p.p. 125mg 50 pcs.
Neurox 125 mg film-coated tablets 50 pcs.
Neurox 50 mg / ml solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration 2 ml 50 pcs.
Neurox solution for intravenous and intramuscular injection. 50mg / ml 2ml 50 pcs.
|See all offers from pharmacies|
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!