Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Xymelin: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Xymelin
- Price for Xymelin in pharmacies
- Xymelin: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Xymelin - Instructions For Use, Spray, Drops, Price, Reviews, Analogues
Xymelin: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Xymelin
ATX code: R01AA07
Active ingredient: xylometazoline (xylometazoline)
Manufacturer: Nycomed Danmark ApS (Denmark)
Description and photo updated: 2018-23-11
Prices in pharmacies: from 29 rubles.
Xymelin is a drug intended for local use in ENT practice, vasoconstrictor and alpha-adrenomimetic action.
Release form and composition
Dosage forms of Xymelin:
- nasal spray 0.05 and 0.1%: colorless transparent liquid (10 or 15 ml in a dark glass bottle with a dosing device, in a cardboard box 1 bottle);
- nasal drops 0.05 and 0.1%: colorless transparent liquid (10 ml each in a dropper bottle made of low density polyethylene, in a cardboard box 1 dropper bottle).
The composition of 1 ml spray / drops contains:
- active substance: xylometazoline hydrochloride - 0.5 or 1 mg;
- auxiliary components: sodium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, disodium edetate, sodium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, purified water, benzalkonium chloride (in the form of 10% benzalkonium solution).
The active substance of Xymelin - xylometazoline, is an anti-decongestant agent - a vasoconstrictor of alpha-adrenostimulating action. It leads to a narrowing of the blood vessels of the nasal mucosa, thereby ensuring the elimination of hyperemia and edema of the nasopharyngeal mucosa. Helps improve nasal breathing in rhinitis. The effect of the drug is noted a few minutes after the injection of the solution and lasts for 10-12 hours. Against the background of the use of therapeutic concentrations of the drug, there is no irritation of the mucous membrane and the appearance of hyperemia.
When used topically, the drug is almost not absorbed. The plasma content of the agent is so low that it cannot be determined using modern analytical methods.
Indications for use
- acute phase of allergic rhinitis;
- acute respiratory diseases (ARI), accompanied by symptoms of rhinitis;
- otitis media (in order to reduce swelling of the nasopharyngeal mucosa);
- hay fever;
- the period of preparation for diagnostic manipulations in the nasal passages.
- atrophic rhinitis;
- arterial hypertension;
- severe atherosclerosis;
- a history of indications of surgical interventions on the meninges;
- age up to 2 years - for both forms of the drug 0.05%, up to 6 years - for 0.1%;
- hypersensitivity to the constituents of the vasoconstrictor.
Relative (Xymelin must be used with extreme caution):
- angina pectoris of the III-IV functional class;
- hyperplasia of the prostate;
Instructions for the use of Xymelin: method and dosage
Xymelin spray and drops are used intranasally.
Recommended dosage of Xymelin drops and spray, depending on the concentration of xylometazoline:
- 0.05%: it is recommended to inject children 2-6 years old 1-2 times a day, 1 injection or 1-2 drops in each nasal passage;
- 0.1%: prescribed for children over 6 years of age and for adults 1 injection or 2-3 drops in each nasal passage (if necessary, repeated administration is possible); more than 3 times a day, the drug should not be used.
The course should not exceed 7 days.
- systemic reactions: rarely - insomnia, headache, visual impairment, vomiting, palpitations, increased blood pressure (BP), arrhythmias, tachycardia; with prolonged use of the drug in high doses - depression;
- local reactions: against the background of frequent and / or prolonged use - dryness and / or irritation of the nasopharyngeal mucosa, tingling, burning, hypersecretion, sneezing; rarely - swelling of the nasal mucosa.
Overdose symptoms may include: a decrease in body temperature, bradycardia, an increase in blood pressure, which turns into a decrease in blood pressure.
For the treatment of the condition, drugs are prescribed to relieve symptoms.
Before the introduction of the drug, you need to clean the nasal passages.
Long-term treatment with the drug should not be carried out, for example, with chronic rhinitis. If after 7 days of using Xymelin drops or spray, symptoms of the disease persist, you should consult your doctor.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
When Xymelin is administered in recommended doses, it does not adversely affect the ability to drive vehicles or other complex equipment.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of the drug during pregnancy is contraindicated.
During breastfeeding, Xymelin can be used only after assessing the ratio of the expected benefits to the mother and the possible threat to the health of the infant, and subject to strict adherence to the recommended regimen.
For patients under 2 years old, it is contraindicated to use Xymelin 0.05% spray and drops, under 6 years old - Xymelin 0.1%.
According to the instructions, Xymelin cannot be used simultaneously with tricyclic antidepressants, as well as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (due to the aggravated risk of increased blood pressure).
Xymelin analogs are: Rinonorm, Dlyanos, Tizin, Galazolin, Grippostad Rino, Doctor Theiss Rinotaiss, Influrin, Zvezdochka NOZ, Rinorus, Xilen, Xylometazolin, Xylometazolin-Betalek, Xylen aktiv, Xylometazoline-Rinophazolinomine Snoop, Rinostop, Sanorin-Xylo, Suprima-NOZ, Espazolin, Esparma GmbH, Evkazolin Aqua.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children at a temperature: drops - 15-25 ° C, spray - up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Xymelin
There are many reviews about Xymelin, and they are rather contradictory. Some patients consider the drug to be an effective means of relieving nasal breathing, relieving swelling and nasal congestion very quickly and for a long time (especially a spray), and having a very reasonable price.
According to other reviews, users did not find much improvement after using the drug, since Xymelin had a very short effect (no longer than 2 hours), dried out the nasal mucosa, promoted its redness and was often seriously addictive. All patients agree that the drug should only be used at the recommended dosages.
Price for Xymelin in pharmacies
The price of Xymelin nasal drops for a dropper bottle containing 10 ml can be: 0.05% - 60–85 rubles; 0.1% - 70-90 rubles
Xymelin: prices in online pharmacies
Xymelin 0.1% nasal drops 10 ml 1 pc.
Xymelin 0.05% nasal drops 10 ml 1 pc.
I gave Xymelin drops. 0.05% 10ml
I gave Xymelin drops. 0.1% 10ml
Xymelin 0.05% nasal spray 10 ml 1 pc.
Xymelin Eco 35 mcg / dose nasal spray dosed 125 doses 10 ml 1 pc.
Xymelin Eco with menthol 140 mcg / dose nasal spray dosed 10 ml 1 pc.
Xymelin Eco nasal spray with menthol. 140mcg / dose 10ml
Xymelin Eco 140 mcg / dose nasal spray dosed 10 ml 1 pc.
Xymelin Eco nasal spray. 0.05% 35mkg / dose 10ml
Xymelin Eco nasal spray. 0.1% 140mcg / dose 10ml
Xymelin Extra 84 mcg + 70 mcg / dose nasal spray 10 ml 1 pc.
Xymelin Extra nasal spray. 0.6mg / ml + 0.5mg / ml 10ml
|See all offers from pharmacies|
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!