Table of contents:
- Xymelin Eco
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use of Xymelin Eco: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Xymelin Eco
- Price for Xymelin Eco in pharmacies
- Xymelin Eco: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Xymelin Eco - Instructions For Use Of The Spray, Price, Reviews, Analogues
Xymelin Eco: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Xymelin Eco
ATX code: R01AA07
Active ingredient: xylometazoline (xylometazoline)
Manufacturer: Nycomed Pharma (Norway)
Description and photo update: 2018-21-11
Prices in pharmacies: from 120 rubles.
Xymelin Eco is a topical vasoconstrictor.
Release form and composition
Dosage form Xymelin Eco - nasal spray: clear liquid (10 ml of solution in a bottle, 1 bottle in a cardboard box).
Composition of 1 ml 0.05 / 0.1% solution:
- active substance: xylometazoline hydrochloride - 500/1000 mcg;
- auxiliary components: sodium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, disodium edetate, sodium chloride, purified water.
Xylometazoline is a local vasoconstrictor with alpha-adrenomimetic action. Promotes vasoconstriction of the nasal mucosa, relieving its hyperemia and edema, facilitating nasal breathing. The product does not contain preservatives. When used in therapeutic doses, it does not cause irritation and hyperemia. The effect of the drug occurs within a few minutes and lasts up to 12 hours.
When applied topically, the absorption of Xymelin Eco is low. The concentration of the active substance in plasma is lower than detectable.
Indications for use
- acute allergic rhinitis;
- acute respiratory infections with rhinitis;
- hay fever;
- otitis media (to reduce swelling of the nasopharyngeal mucosa);
- preparation for diagnostic ENT procedures.
- arterial hypertension;
- severe atherosclerosis;
- atrophic rhinitis;
- surgical operations on the meninges (in history);
- age up to 2 years (for 0.05%), up to 10 years (for 0.1%);
- increased sensitivity to the components of the drug.
- angina pectoris III – IV functional class;
- hyperplasia of the prostate;
- lactation period.
Instructions for use of Xymelin Eco: method and dosage
The drug is administered intranasally.
- Xymelin Eco 0.05% is used in children 2–10 years old: 1 injection (35 μg) in each nasal passage, no more than 3 times a day;
- Xymelin Eco 0.1% is used in children over 10 years old and in adults: 1 injection (140 μg) in each nasal passage, no more than 3 times a day. The injection can be repeated if necessary.
The duration of the drug should not exceed 10 days.
In rare cases, the following undesirable effects may develop: swelling of the nasal mucosa, tachycardia, palpitations, arrhythmia, increased blood pressure, vomiting, headache, insomnia, blurred vision, depression.
Frequent or prolonged use can lead to irritation and dryness of the nasopharyngeal mucosa, tingling, burning, sneezing, hypersecretion.
In case of an overdose of Xymelin Eco, its side effects may increase.
Symptomatic treatment is recommended.
Xymelin Eco should not be used for more than 10 days.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
Data on the effect of Xymelin Eco on the ability to drive vehicles and other complex mechanisms that require the speed of psychomotor reactions have not been described.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
According to the instructions, Xymelin Eco is contraindicated in pregnancy.
Its use during lactation is possible only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the possible risk to the child. It is forbidden to exceed the recommended dose.
Spray Xymelin Eco 0.05% is contraindicated in children under 2 years of age.
Spray Xymelin Eco 0.1% is contraindicated in children under 10 years of age.
Xymelin Eco should not be used in combination with monoamine oxidase inhibitors, as well as tricyclic antidepressants.
Analogs of Xymelin Eco are Galazolin, Grippostad, Dlyanos, Zvezdochka NOZ, Doctor Theiss Rinotaiss.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Xymelin Eco
Reviews about Xymelin Eco are contradictory. While some report a decrease in symptoms of the disease, others believe that the drug has not brought them any improvement. In some cases - when the recommended duration of treatment is exceeded - drug dependence is reported.
Price for Xymelin Eco in pharmacies
Estimated price for Xymelin Eco:
- nasal spray 35 mcg / dose (0.05%), 10 ml - 200 rubles,
- nasal spray 140 mcg / dose (0.1%), 10 ml - 180 rubles.
Xymelin Eco: prices in online pharmacies
Xymelin Eco 35 mcg / dose nasal spray dosed 125 doses 10 ml 1 pc.
Xymelin Eco with menthol 140 mcg / dose nasal spray dosed 10 ml 1 pc.
Xymelin Eco nasal spray with menthol. 140mcg / dose 10ml
Xymelin Eco 140 mcg / dose nasal spray dosed 10 ml 1 pc.
Xymelin Eco nasal spray. 0.05% 35mkg / dose 10ml
Xymelin Eco nasal spray. 0.1% 140mcg / dose 10ml
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!