Table of contents:
- Pharmacological action of Mirena
- Release form
- Indications for use of Mirena
- Method of using Mirena
- Side effects of Mirena
- Storage conditions
- Mirena: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Spiral Mirena - Instructions For Use, Reviews, Indications
Instructions for use:
- 1. Pharmacological action
- 2. Release form
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Method of application
- 5. Contraindications
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Storage conditions
Prices in online pharmacies:
from 11 627 rub.
Mirena is an intrauterine therapeutic hormonal system used as a means of contraception.
Pharmacological action of Mirena
The active components of Mirena - gestagen and levonorgestrel help reduce the sensitivity of estrogen and progesterone receptors, and also have a strong antiproliferative and gestagenic effect. The use of the drug leads to a weak local reaction of the uterus to the presence of a foreign body in it, prevents sperm from entering the uterus, reduces the duration and volume of menstrual flow and the severity of dysmenorrhea.
Mirena is available in the form of an intrauterine therapeutic system (spiral), 1 pc. in sterile blisters in cardboard boxes. One spiral Mirena contains 52 mg of levonorgestrel and 52 mg of polydimethylsiloxane elastomer.
Indications for use of Mirena
Mirena spirals are used in the treatment of idiopathic menorrhagia, the prevention of endometrial hyperplasia (with estrogen replacement therapy) and as a means of contraception.
Method of using Mirena
In accordance with the instructions, Mirena is taken out of a sterile package just before administration, preferably by a doctor who has experience with this system, and is inserted into the uterine cavity for 5 years.
For women of childbearing age, Mirena is placed in the uterine cavity for seven days after the onset of menstruation. The spiral is removed by pulling the threads with forceps or using a traction hook.
The coil must be removed after five years, after which the installation of a new system is possible immediately. Removal and installation of Mirena may be accompanied by bleeding and pain.
After childbirth, the Mirena spiral is established 6 weeks after the involution of the uterus.
According to the instructions, the use of the Mirena spiral is contraindicated for:
- Infections of the lower urinary tract;
- Inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs;
- Postpartum endometritis;
- Malignant neoplasms of the uterus or cervix;
- Septic abortion (over the past three months);
- Pathological uterine bleeding of unknown etiology;
- Dysplasia of the cervix;
- Acute liver diseases and liver tumors;
- Progestogen-dependent tumors (breast cancer)
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Side effects of Mirena
According to reviews, Mirena can cause side effects from various body systems, namely:
- Nausea, bloating, and abdominal pain (digestive system);
- Headache, nervousness, migraine, decreased mood and decreased libido (central nervous system);
- Breast engorgement and menstrual disorders (reproductive system);
- Acne, urticaria, pruritus, hirsutism, eczema and alopecia (dermatological reactions);
- Back pain (musculoskeletal system);
- Pelvic pain, vaginal discharge, dysmenorrhea, breast tension, endometritis, breast tenderness, pelvic inflammatory disease and cervicitis (reproductive system).
Also, according to reviews, Mirena causes uterine and vaginal bleeding, benign ovarian cysts, amenorrhea and spotting spotting.
In accordance with the instructions, Mirena must be stored out of the reach of children and protected from light in a dry place at room temperature up to 25 ° C. The shelf life, subject to the recommendations, is 3 years.
Mirena: prices in online pharmacies
Mirena 20 μg / 24 h intrauterine therapeutic system 1 pc.
11 627 RUB
Intrauterine spiral Mirena 20mkg / day
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!