Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Mafusol: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Mafusola
- The price of Mafusol in pharmacies
Video: Mafusol - Instructions For Use, Reviews, Analogues, Price
Methusol: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Drug interactions
- 10. Analogs
- 11. Terms and conditions of storage
- 12. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 13. Reviews
- 14. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Mafusol
ATX code: B05BB01
Active ingredient: potassium chloride (Kalii chloridum), sodium chloride (Natrii chloridum), magnesium chloride (Magnii chloridum), sodium fumarate (Natrii fumaras)
Producer: JSC "Biosintez" (Russia), JSC "Medpolymer" (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2018-17-05
Methusol is a rehydrating drug.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - solution for infusion: clear liquid without color (100/250/400/450/500/1000 ml each in a bottle for blood substitutes, 1 bottle in a cardboard box).
The composition of 1 liter of solution: sodium chloride - 6 g, potassium chloride - 0.3 g, magnesium chloride - 0.12 g, sodium fumarate - 14 g, water for injection - up to 1 liter.
Mafusol is a drug of combined action, it has a rehydrating, diuretic, antioxidant, antiplatelet and detoxifying effect. With its help, rapid replenishment of the circulating blood volume in hypovolemic conditions is achieved, the viscosity of the blood decreases, its rheological properties improve, and tissue dehydration is prevented. Shows a hemodynamic effect, promotes cell adaptation to a lack of oxygen.
Indications for use
Hypoxic as well as hypovolemic states of various origins:
- shock (burn, traumatic, hemorrhagic, operational);
- blood loss;
- intoxication (with sepsis, peritonitis, intestinal obstruction);
In addition, Mafusol is used as a component of the perfusion mixture for filling the heart-lung machine.
The drug is contraindicated in traumatic brain injury with increased intracranial pressure (ICP), as well as other conditions in which the administration of large volumes of fluid is unacceptable (for example, heart failure).
Instructions for the use of Mafusol: method and dosage
The solution is administered intravenously, intraarterially.
- shock of mild and moderate severity: for adults - 2-3 liters of the drug is administered first in a stream, after the normalization of hemodynamic parameters - drip; children - 20-25 ml / kg of body weight;
- severe shock: adults - at least 1 liter, children - at least 15 ml / kg of body weight; in this case, Mafusol is used in conjunction with erythrocyte-containing preparations and colloidal blood substitutes of hemodynamic action;
- severe intoxication caused by sepsis, intestinal obstruction, peritonitis and other diseases: adults - up to 2-3 liters of solution per day, children - 30–35 mg / kg per day; in this case, it is advisable to use Mafusol in combination with detoxification drugs.
When refueling a heart-lung machine, this drug as a hemodiluent can be up to 50–70% of the perfusion solution.
With blood loss less than 15% of the circulating blood volume, it is possible to use Mafusol alone as an infusion medium.
The manifestation of allergic reactions is possible.
Overdose can lead to pulmonary and cerebral edema.
It is possible to use Mafusol instead of other saline infusion solutions.
According to the instructions, Mafusol is compatible with blood preparations, donor blood, colloidal solutions such as rheopolyglucin, polyglucin, hemodez, etc., anti-shock agents, drugs for neuroleptanalgesia (fentanyl, droperidol), drugs of the benzodiazepine series, muscle relaxants, adrenergic inhibitors, adrenergic agents.
The analogue of Mafusol is Sodium fumarate complex.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children. Freezing during transportation is allowed.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Mafusola
There are no reviews about Mafusola on the network.
The price of Mafusol in pharmacies
The approximate price for Mafusol in pharmacies is 140 rubles. per bottle 250 ml.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!