Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Magnemax, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Magnemax
- Price for Magnemax in pharmacies
- Magnemax: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Magnemax - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Tablet Analogs
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-06-01 00:39
Magnemax: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Drug interactions
- 14. Analogs
- 15. Terms and conditions of storage
- 16. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 17. Reviews
- 18. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Magnemax
ATX code: A12CC09
Active ingredient: magnesium orotate (Magnesium orotate)
Producer: JSC "Obolensk pharmaceutical company" (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2019-08-10
Prices in pharmacies: from 179 rubles.
Magnemax is a magnesium preparation that improves energy supply and tissue metabolism.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of tablets: almost white or white, round, flat-cylindrical, with a chamfer and a dividing line (10 pcs. In blisters, in a cardboard box 1, 2, 3, 5 or 10 packages and instructions for use of Magnemax) …
1 tablet contains:
- active substance: magnesium orotate dihydrate - 500 mg;
- auxiliary components: corn starch, lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium croscarmellose, povidone K-30, aerosil (colloidal silicon dioxide), sodium cyclamate, magnesium stearate, talc.
Magnemax is a magnesium preparation that improves metabolism and energy supply to tissues. Its active substance, magnesium orotate, replenishing the deficiency of magnesium and orotic acid in the body, participates in the synthesis of protein and nucleic acids, in providing the basic energy and a number of mitochondrial processes, in the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates. It has antiaggregatory, antispasmodic, antiarrhythmic action.
Magnesium is an essential trace element that is necessary for the implementation of more than 300 enzymatic reactions, for the regulation of cell permeability and neuromuscular excitability. Has a curariform effect on the endings of cholinergic neurons with a decrease in the release of acetylcholine.
In the body, magnesium interacts synergistically with calcium only partially. As a result of competitive inhibition of calcium, magnesium can displace it from the binding sites, acting as a physiological calcium antagonist.
After oral administration, about 35-40% of the dose taken is absorbed. With hypomagnesemia, the absorption of magnesium ions is stimulated. Orotic acid salts potentiate the absorption of magnesium.
Magnesium passes into breast milk.
It is excreted through the kidneys. With a deficiency of magnesium in the body, its excretion decreases, with an excess, it increases.
Indications for use
The use of Magnemax is indicated for established magnesium deficiency, isolated or caused by other deficiency conditions, which is accompanied by the following symptoms: slight sleep disturbance, increased irritability and fatigue, pain, spasms and / or tingling sensation in the muscles, gastrointestinal cramps.
- impaired renal function;
- urolithiasis disease;
- predisposition to the formation of calcium-magnesium-ammonium-phosphate stones;
- cirrhosis of the liver with ascites;
- lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- age up to 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Magnemax should be used with caution while using magnesium-containing drugs (including antacids, laxatives), potassium-sparing diuretics, calcium-containing drugs or digitalis drugs, during pregnancy and lactation.
Magnemax, instructions for use: method and dosage
Magnemax tablets are taken orally, before meals, with a sufficient amount of liquid.
Recommended dosage: during the first 7 days - 2 pcs. 3 times a day, then - 1 pc. 2-3 times a day. The total duration of the course of treatment is 28 days.
- from the immune system: allergic reactions;
- from the gastrointestinal tract: diarrhea, unstable stools.
Symptoms: nausea, vomiting, lowering blood pressure (BP), respiratory depression, depression, slow reflexes, anuric syndrome, coma, cardiac arrest. Magnesium poisoning is unlikely with normal kidney function. Magnesium-related toxic reactions mainly develop in renal failure, their degree depends on the concentration of magnesium in the blood serum.
Treatment: the appointment of forced diuresis, rehydration. In patients with renal insufficiency, peritoneal dialysis or hemodialysis is necessary.
Adverse events from the gastrointestinal tract usually go away on their own after lowering the dose of the drug.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
The use of Magnemax does not affect the patient's ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is allowed to use Magnemax tablets during pregnancy and breastfeeding only strictly according to the indications and prescription of a doctor.
It is contraindicated to use Magnemax for the treatment of patients under the age of 18 years.
With impaired renal function
The use of Magnemax is contraindicated in case of impaired renal function, urolithiasis or a predisposition to the formation of calcium-magnesium-ammonium-phosphate stones.
For violations of liver function
The use of Magnemax is contraindicated in liver cirrhosis with ascites.
- tetracycline, iron and sodium fluoride preparations: their absorption may decrease;
- aminoquinolines, penicillamine, quinidine: simultaneous use is not recommended; an interval of 2-3 hours should be observed between the use of these funds and magnesium;
- diuretics, muscle relaxants, oral contraceptives, glucocorticosteroids, insulin: reduce the clinical effect of the drug;
- preparations containing aluminum: magnesium can help increase the absorption of aluminum in the body;
- digitalis preparations: their absorption in the body is impaired; caution is required when used simultaneously with Magnemax;
- aminoglycoside antibiotics, cisplatin, cyclosporin A: promote increased magnesium excretion;
- furosemide and thiazide diuretics, erlotinib, cetuximab, proton pump inhibitors (omeprazole, pantoprazole), pentamidine, amphotericin B, foscarnet, rapamycin: can cause magnesium deficiency in the body, thereby reducing the effectiveness of the drug.
Magnemax analogs are Magnerot, Magnesium orotate dihydrate.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children. Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Magnemax
Reviews about Magnemax are positive. In them, patients note the high efficiency of the drug: against the background of its use, sleep and general well-being are normalized, fatigue and the degree of irritability decrease, and night cramps in the legs disappear. In addition, many users consider a good tolerance of the drug to be a positive point.
Price for Magnemax in pharmacies
The price for Magnemax for a package containing 20 tablets can be 200-270 rubles, 50 tablets - 392-461 rubles.
Magnemax: prices in online pharmacies
Magnemax 500 mg tablets 20 pcs.
Magnemax 500mg tablets 20 pcs.
Magnemax 500 mg tablets 50 pcs.
Magnemax 500mg tablets 50 pcs.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!