Table of contents:
- Libeksin Muko
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use Libeksin Muko: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Libexin Muko
- The price of Libeksin Muko in pharmacies
- Libeksin Muko: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Libeksin Muko - Instructions, Application For Children, Reviews, Price, Analogues
Libeksin Muko: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Libexin Muco
ATX code: R05CB03
Active ingredient: carbocisteine (carbocisteine)
Producer: UNITHER LIQUID MANUFACTURING (France), A. NATTERMANN and Cie (Germany) for Sanofi JSC (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2018-22-10
Prices in pharmacies: from 316 rubles.
Libeksin Muko is a mucolytic drug of expectorant action.
Release form and composition
Dosage forms of Libeksin Muko:
- syrup: thick, viscous, syrupy liquid from light brown to brownish yellow (125, 200 or 300 ml each in colorless glass bottles sealed with an aluminum cap equipped with a first opening control; in a cardboard box 1 bottle complete with a measuring cup);
- syrup for children: thick, viscous, syrupy red liquid (125 or 200 ml each in colorless glass bottles, sealed with an aluminum lid equipped with a first opening control; in a cardboard box 1 bottle complete with a measuring spoon).
100 ml of syrup contains:
- active substance: carbocisteine - 5000 mg;
- auxiliary components: sucrose, preservative methyl parahydroxybenzoate, dye caramel powder (E 150), aromatic elixir (ethanol - 55.3%; rum - 42.7%; aromatic additive "rum" - 2.0%), cinnamon oil, sodium hydroxide, purified water.
A 15 ml measuring cup of syrup contains: carbocisteine - 750 mg; sucrose - 6000 mg; ethanol - 200 mg; sodium - 97 mg. The ethanol content (v / v) is 1.64%.
100 ml of syrup for children contains:
- active substance: carbocisteine - 2000 mg;
- auxiliary components: sucrose, preservative methyl parahydroxybenzoate, crimson dye Ponso 4R [cochineal red A (E 124)], raspberry and cherry flavors, sodium hydroxide, purified water.
A 5 ml measuring spoon of syrup contains: carbocisteine - 100 mg; sucrose - 3500 mg; sodium - 13 mg.
The active component of Libexin Muco is carbocisteine, a mucolytic that affects the gel phase of endobronchial secretions by breaking the disulfide bridges of glycoproteins, which leads to a decrease in viscosity and an increase in the elasticity of the secretion.
Pharmacological activity of carbocisteine:
- activation of sialic transferase (an enzyme of the goblet cells of the bronchial mucosa);
- normalization of the quantitative ratio of neutral and acidic sialomucins;
- regeneration of the mucous membrane by normalizing its structure;
- stimulation of the activity of the ciliated epithelium;
- restoration of the secretion of an immunologically active specific defense factor - immunoglobulin A (IgA);
- improved mucociliary clearance.
After oral administration, carbocisteine is absorbed quickly, the maximum serum concentration reaches 2 hours after administration. It has low bioavailability (<10% of the dose taken), possibly due to its rapid passage through the liver. T1 / 2 (half-life) is about 2 hours. Carbocisteine is excreted along with metabolites mainly by the kidneys.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Libeksin Muko is recommended for use in acute / chronic bronchopulmonary diseases, diseases of the upper respiratory tract, accompanied by the formation of viscous and difficult to separate sputum (bronchial asthma, bronchitis, tracheitis, tracheobronchitis, bronchiectasis), mucus (inflammation of the middle ear, sinuses and paranasal rhinitis, sinusitis, otitis media).
The drug is also used to prepare patients for bronchoscopy or bronchography.
- exacerbation of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- exacerbation of chronic glomerulonephritis, cystitis;
- period of pregnancy;
- children's age: up to 2 years (syrup for children); up to 15 years old (syrup);
- individual hypersensitivity to carbocisteine and other components of the drug.
Relative contraindications (Libeksin Muko is taken with caution):
- history of peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- lactation (breastfeeding) period.
Instructions for use Libeksin Muko: method and dosage
Libeksin Muko is taken orally, preferably without combining with food intake.
The content of carbocisteine in 1 dose of the drug:
- syrup 2% Libeksin Muko for children: in 1 scoop (5 ml) - 0.1 g;
- syrup 5% Libexin Muko: in 1 measuring cup (15 ml) - 0.75 g.
- 2% Libeksin Muko syrup for children: children 2–5 years old - 1 scoop 2 times a day, daily dose - 0.2 g; children 5 years and older - 1 scoop 3 times a day, daily dose - 0.3 g;
- syrup 5% Libeksin Muko: children over 15 years old and adult patients - 1 measuring cup 3 times a day, daily dose 2.1 g.
It is not recommended to continue therapy for more than 8 days without a doctor's prescription.
- gastrointestinal tract: epigastric pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- immune system: anaphylactic reactions, including urticaria and angioedema; exanthema, pruritus, fixed drug rash; allergic skin rash;
- skin and subcutaneous tissue: isolated episodes of bullous dermatitis - exudative erythema multiforme and Stevens-Johnson syndrome;
- other disorders: weakness, dizziness, general malaise.
Overdose symptoms are gastralgia, nausea, diarrhea. For the treatment of the condition, it is recommended to carry out a set of therapeutic measures in order to relieve symptoms.
With alcoholism, epilepsy, liver diseases, trauma or brain diseases, it should be borne in mind that the composition of the Libexin Muko syrup contains 1.64% ethanol, which in terms of a measuring cup (1 dose = 15 ml) is 0.2 g.
Patients on a low-carbohydrate diet and patients with diabetes are advised to take into account that the sucrose content in 1 measuring cup of syrup is 6 g; in 1 scoop of syrup for children - 3.5 g.
When following a salt-free diet or a diet low in salt, the sodium content in 1 measuring cup of syrup should be taken into account, equal to 0.097 g.
It is not recommended to use Libeksin Muco for patients with fructose intolerance, sucrase / isomaltase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, since the syrup contains sucrose.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
During the period of drug therapy, when driving vehicles and engaging in other potentially hazardous activities, care must be taken in connection with the possible development of side effects such as dizziness and weakness.
Patients taking Libexin Muko syrup should remember that the presence of ethanol in its composition can reduce concentration and affect the speed of psychomotor reactions.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Clinical data on the use of Libexin Muko for the treatment of pregnant women is insufficient to confirm its safety and effectiveness during this period, therefore, it is not recommended to prescribe the drug during pregnancy.
It is not known whether carbocisteine is excreted during lactation with breast milk, and therefore, lactating women should take Libexin Muko syrup with caution.
In pediatric practice, the use of Libexin Muko syrup is contraindicated for the treatment of children and adolescents under 15 years of age, and syrup for children - for patients under 2 years of age.
Carbocisteine, when used together, enhances the effectiveness of antibiotic therapy and the effect of glucocorticosteroids for the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
Libeksin Muko potentiates the bronchodilating effect of theophylline.
The activity of carbocysteine is inhibited by m-anticholinergics and antitussives.
Cephalosporin antibiotics (cefamandol, latamoxef, cefoperazone), fenicol antibiotic chloramphenicol, disulfiram, sulphamide antidiabetic drugs (glipizide, chlorpropamide, glibenclamide, tolbutamide), ketoconazole, antifungal imidronidazole nitridezolida cytostatic procarbazine, as well as drugs that depress the central nervous system and other drugs that cause such unfavorable disulfiram-like reactions when taken simultaneously with alcohol, such as redness, fever, tachycardia, vomiting: with syrup Libexin Muko is prescribed with caution due to the presence of ethanol in its composition …
Libeksin Muko analogs are Mukosol, Bronchobos, Mukodin, Fluditek, Fluifort, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Libexin Muko
In positive reviews about Libexin Muko it is said that the drug quickly and effectively helps to turn a dry cough into a wet cough and enhances the discharge of sputum. Thanks to its pleasant taste and aroma, the syrup is gladly accepted by children of any age.
The presence of chemical dyes and flavors in the syrup, high cost are indicated as disadvantages.
The price of Libeksin Muko in pharmacies
Estimated price for Libexin Muko for a bottle of 125 ml:
- syrup 2% for children - 386 rubles;
- syrup 5% for adults - 414 rubles.
Libeksin Muko: prices in online pharmacies
Libeksin Muko 20 mg / ml syrup for children 125 ml 1 pc.
Libexin Muko 50 mg / ml syrup 125 ml 1 pc.
Libeksin Muko syrup for children. 2% 125ml
Libeksin Muko syrup 5% 125ml
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!