Table of contents:
- Delicate skin around the eyes: how to properly care?
- Features of the structure of the skin around the eyes
- How to choose the right eyelid care?
- How to remove makeup and apply eye cream correctly?
- Folk remedies in the fight against imperfection
- Eye care tips from professionals
Video: Delicate Skin Around The Eyes: How To Properly Care?
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:01
Delicate skin around the eyes: how to properly care?
The skin around the eyes is thinner and softer than in other areas. Often it is by her that it is possible to determine the true age of a woman. How to properly care for the skin around the eyes in order to preserve its youth for a long time?
Features of the structure of the skin around the eyes
The skin around is about ten times thinner than the skin on the face, and the sebaceous glands in it are much smaller. At the same time, the load on the skin around the eyes is much higher, because all the time we blink, smile, squint, get angry or laugh, talk, make thousands of facial movements. That is why the area around the eyes is especially sensitive and it is important to choose the right care for it.
Scientists claim that the elasticity of the skin around the eyes is like an elastic band. If it is constantly tugged, pulled and, in general, roughly handled, this will ultimately lead to a loss of its elasticity.
Her main enemies are age and active facial expressions. Of course, ultraviolet light, bad habits, unbalanced diet, poor ecology, dehydration, too salty food, and improper cosmetic face care also have a negative effect.
No wonder they say that the eyes are the window of the soul. People use their eyes to communicate with each other, read feelings and emotional experiences in their expression. And an experienced eye doctor can identify some chronic diseases. If the radiant wrinkles of laughter give the eyes a special warmth and goodwill, then the presence of dark circles under the eyes signals fatigue and ailments.
How to choose the right eyelid care?
Cosmetic preparations intended for eye skin care should contain a wide range of antioxidants and vitamins (A, C, D, E, K, B vitamins, beta-carotene), plant extracts such as extracts from cucumber, cornflower, chamomile, fruit acids, derivatives of alpha hydroxy acids and hyaluronic acid, as well as collagen, retinol, lecithin and bisabolol.
Do not use creams containing whole oils, as they are difficult for the skin to absorb and increase the risk of clogging of the glands around the eyes, which can lead to swelling and even inflammation.
It is preferable to use cosmetics in tubes. But if you prefer jars, use a special cream spatula. By dipping your fingers into the cream, you spread bacteria that live on the skin and infect the product.
Choose a cream that is appropriate for your problem. For example, a cream that removes dark circles and puffiness, or a concealer cream that evens skin tone, an anti-wrinkle cream, or a cream with UV protection.
One of the most important points in skin care in general is proper cleansing. The main property that cleansers for the skin of the eyelids should have is hypoallergenic. They should not disturb the natural balance of the skin and cause irritation. These products may contain castor oil diluted with water, lactic acid, purslane extract, hyaluronic acid, enzymatic soy extract. It is good if they also contain vitamin E, extracts of burdock root, arnica, willow bark, allantoin, retinol, phospholipids.
How to remove makeup and apply eye cream correctly?
Regardless of the texture of the product you prefer, do not stretch or rub your eyelids. The cream must be applied with light patting movements of the fingers. On the lower eyelid, the direction of applying the cream should be from the outer edge to the inner, on the upper eyelid - vice versa.
If you need extra hydration, use a special cream serum. Do not use too much cream as this can cause swelling.
Folk remedies in the fight against imperfection
- Anti-puffiness: Take ice cubes and wrap them with a soft cloth, place them over your eyes and hold for about half a minute. You can do it differently: pour ice water into a bowl and dip two cotton pads there, squeeze out the excess liquid and put the discs over your eyes. Keep holding until the compress no longer gives off cold.
- Against fatigue and dark circles: Cut raw potatoes or fresh cucumber into slices. Place on lower eyelids and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Against "splinters": grate raw potatoes, add a little cream there and apply on the lower eyelids for 10-15 minutes. You can also mix a tablespoon of honey with one egg white, add a tablespoon of oatmeal and apply a half-hour mask to your eyelids.
Eye care tips from professionals
Following these tips will allow you to maintain an attractive and irresistible look for a long time:
- Get used to sleeping on your back. If you sleep on your stomach or on your side all night, you can wake up in the morning with a rumpled face and swelling around your eyes.
- To always look rested and fresh, you need to sleep at least eight hours a night.
- The areas around the eyes are categorically contraindicated with scrubs.
- Always remove makeup and cleanse your face before going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water as it moisturizes the skin around the eyes. But coffee and alcohol, on the contrary, dehydrate the body.
- If you smoke, it's time to quit. In addition to serious harm to health, nicotine tends to destroy the skin's own collagen compounds, interfering with its self-renewal.
- Don't skimp on quality sunglasses. Only a quality accessory will protect your skin and eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Make it a rule to regularly visit a beautician who will conduct you hardware procedures, and, if necessary, injection techniques for the care of the eyelid skin;
- Don't read in low light. And if your work involves sitting at the computer, take a break every hour. The eyes get very tired, which leads to their redness, swelling.
- The eye cream must be applied twice a day. In the summer, it is better to use a cream with active sun protection.
Found a mistake in the text? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.