Table of contents:
- Liv. 52
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use Liv. 52: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Liv. 52
- Price for Liv. 52 in pharmacies
Liv. 52: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Liv.52
ATX code: A05
Active ingredient: Combined complex composition
Producer: HIMALAYA DRUG (India)
Description and photo update: 2019-05-08
Liv. 52 is a herbal preparation with hepatoprotective and choleretic action.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - tablets: round, biconvex, greenish-gray in color, interspersed with light and dark green color (100 pcs. In plastic bottles, in a cardboard box 1 bottle).
The content of active substances treated with vapors of the extract of medicinal raw materials (philanthus niruri, eclipta white, terminalia chebula (myrobalan tree), berkhavia spreading, sowing radish, tinospora cordifolia, medicinal smoke, medicinal embelia, currant embelia, Ceylon lead) in 1 tablet:
- Common chicory seed powder - 0.065 g;
- Powder of prickly capers roots - 0.065 g;
- Black nightshade powder - 0.032 g;
- Mandur Basma (iron oxide) - 0.033 g;
- Terminalia arjuna bark powder - 0.032 g;
- Yarrow herb powder - 0.016 g;
- Tamarix galsky powder - 0.016 g;
- Western cassia seed powder - 0.016 g.
Auxiliary components: sodium croscarmellose, magnesium stearate, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The combined phytopreparation has a choleretic, hepatoprotective, antitoxic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-anorexic effect on the body.
Also, when taking Liv.52, the following effects are observed:
- stimulation of the digestion process;
- improved assimilation of food;
- an increase in the concentration of cytochrome P 450 and the content of endogenous tocopherols in the liver cells;
- accelerating the recovery of hepatocytes;
- an increase in the liver's ability to store glycogen;
- stimulating the production of proteins and phospholipids;
- activation of intracellular metabolism;
- slowing down the process of fatty, degenerative and fibrotic changes;
- stimulation of the peristalsis of the gallbladder;
- prevention of the formation of gallstones;
- improvement of colloidal parameters of bile;
- stimulation of the process of hematopoiesis (hematopoiesis);
- decreased levels of bilirubin and alkaline phosphatase;
- normalization of the level of plasma blood proteins and the concentration of cholesterol, plasma transaminases, triglycerides;
- suppression of manifestations of dyslipidemia.
According to the instructions, Liv. 52 provides a decrease in the level of ethyl alcohol in the blood and urine in case of alcoholic damage to liver tissue. It is capable of enhancing the activity of acetaldehyde dehydrogenase, accelerating the process of decreasing the concentration of acetaldehyde, and also preventing the reaction of acetaldehyde with cell proteins and accelerating the evacuation of this substance from the body. Also, the drug prevents acetaldehyde from damaging liver cells and reduces the risk of hangover.
Indications for use
- Liver cirrhosis (in adults);
- Acute and chronic hepatitis of infectious, toxic and medicinal origin;
- Fatty hepatosis.
In addition, the drug is prescribed when taking anti-tuberculosis drugs, antibiotics, antipyretic drugs to prevent toxic liver damage.
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Age up to 6 years;
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Instructions for use Liv. 52: method and dosage
The tablets are taken orally.
- Treatment: adults - 2-3 tablets, children over 6 years old - 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day;
- Prevention: 2 tablets 2 times a day.
The appearance of undesirable effects in the form of dyspepsia, the development of allergic reactions is possible.
There is no information on overdose cases.
It is recommended to prescribe the drug with caution to patients with acute forms of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is forbidden to use Liv. 52 in the specified period.
Children over the age of 6 are prescribed for therapeutic purposes 1-2 tablets 3 times a day.
Clinically significant interactions with simultaneous use with other drugs have not been established.
Analogues of Liv. 52 are: Carsil, Bongigar, VG-5, Hepa-Merz, Hepatoxan, Heptrong, Cryomelt MN, Laennek, Metrop GP, Gemaxol, Thiotriazolin, Phosphogliv, Hofitol, Silibinin, Silymar, Legalon, Essentiale.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry place out of the reach of children at a temperature of 10-30 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Liv. 52
Reviews about Liv. 52 of the patients are positive: high efficacy of the drug and its natural composition are noted. At the same time, doctors do not always share such views, pointing out the lack of an adequate evidence base and the presence of an effect only in the treatment of unexpressed liver disorders.
Price for Liv. 52 in pharmacies
Price for Liv. 52 is approximately 245-310 rubles per bottle containing 100 tablets.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!