Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use of Intellan: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Intellan
- Price for Intellan in pharmacies
- Intellan: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Intellan - Instructions For The Use Of Syrup, Capsules, Price, Reviews, Analogues
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 01:36
Intellan: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Intellan
ATX code: N06DX
Active ingredient: Plant extracts: herbs centella asiatica, ginkgo biloba leaves, herpestis monnierra, coriander fruits, amomum styloid fruits, medicinal emblic fruits
Manufacturer: Herbion Pakistan Pvt. Ltd. (Pakistan)
Description and photo update: 18.10.2018
Prices in pharmacies: from 168 rubles.
Intellan is a phytopreparation with psychostimulating activity; improves metabolic processes and improves blood circulation in the brain.
Release form and composition
- syrup: thick, dark brown in color, with a specific smell (90 ml each in brown glass bottles; in a cardboard box 1 bottle with a measuring cap);
- capsules: No. 0, hard, gelatinous, gray, inscription on the body and lid - INTELLAN; capsule filler - powder from light to dark brown color with a specific smell (20 pcs. in plastic bottles, complete with a sachet of desiccant; in a cardboard box 1 bottle).
Content of active ingredients per 10 ml of syrup:
- ginkgo biloba (ginkgo biloba), water dry leaf extract (5: 1) - 50 mg;
- centella asiatica (shieldwort, tiger grass, gotu kola), thick water extract of the whole plant (4.54: 1) - 200 mg;
- Bacopa Monnier (Brahmi) extract of the aerial part of the aqueous thick (4.23: 1) - 25 mg;
- sowing coriander (kisnets, kolyandra, coriander, etc.), thick aqueous fruit extract (4.09: 1) - 40 mg;
- Amomum sabulatum (Bengal, black, Nepalese or camphor cardamom) extract of fruits and seeds water thick (3.97: 1) - 40 mg;
- phyllanthus officinalis (amla, amalaki, emblik, Indian gooseberry) dense fruit extract (4.23: 1) - 50 mg.
Content of active ingredients per 1 capsule:
- ginkgo biloba (ginkgo biloba), water dry leaf extract (5: 1) - 50 mg;
- centella asiatica (shieldwort, tiger grass, gotu kola), thick water extract of the whole plant (4.54: 1) - 120 mg;
- herpestis monniera (Indian shieldwort), extract of the aerial part of the aqueous dense (4.23: 1) - 30 mg;
- sowing coriander (kisnets, kolyandra, coriander, etc.), thick aqueous fruit extract (4.09: 1) - 50 mg;
- Amomum sabulatum (Bengal, black, Nepalese or camphor cardamom) extract of fruits and seeds water thick (3.97: 1) - 50 mg;
- phyllanthus officinalis (amla, amalaki, emblik, Indian gooseberry) dense fruit extract (4.23: 1) - 100 mg.
- syrup: anhydrous citric acid, sucrose, glycerol, purified water, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propylene glycol, Tutti-frutti flavor, Sweet Orange flavor;
- capsule contents: talc;
- capsule shell: gelatin, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide, purified water, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, Quinoline (Dye Yellow No. 10 FD&C), Carmozine (Dye Red No. 5 FD&C), Dye Brilliant Black No. 1 FD&C.
Specially selected and balanced composition of Intellan has a stimulating effect on mental activity, activating neurotransmitter centers and stopping such astheno-neurotic symptoms against the background of somatic diseases, such as increased mental / physical fatigue, memory and attention impairment, increased fatigue, hyperexcitability, emotional lability, sleep disorders …
The plant extracts included in the preparation are rich in bioactive alkaloids, flavonoids, saponins, glycosides, amino acids, vitamins, essential trace elements and have the following effect on the body:
- ginkgo biloba - vasodilating, antihypoxic, pronounced decongestant, improving cerebral circulation, normalizing tissue metabolism, preventing the formation of free radicals;
- Centella asiatica (the so-called "memory grass") - improves cerebral circulation; supplying the brain with oxygen; improves mental activity, thinking and memorization processes and increases the ability to learn; soothing for stress and anxiety; improves overall well-being, eliminates fatigue and improves sleep;
- herpestis monniera - antioxidant, stimulating, anticonvulsant; amino acids and alkaloids in its composition indirectly affect the synthesis of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in brain neurons;
- coriander seed - moderate hypotensive, antioxidant, anticonvulsant; gives the drug a specific taste and spicy smell;
- amomum subulate - stimulating;
- Phyllanthus officinalis (embliki) - antioxidant, reducing cholesterol, improving the function of the cardiovascular system (due to the content of vitamins C, B 1, B 2, pectins, trace elements, phosphorus, iron, calcium).
Since Intellan is a multicomponent herbal medicine, the study of its pharmacokinetic properties is not possible today.
Indications for use
Intellan syrup is recommended for use in astheno-neurotic symptoms associated with somatic diseases in remission.
The drug in the form of capsules is recommended for use in the following cases:
- functional insufficiency of brain activity;
- forgetfulness, memory loss;
- symptoms of astheno-neurotic syndrome against the background of somatic pathologies;
- deterioration in mental performance;
- increased anxiety, subacute depressive conditions.
- somatic diseases, accompanied by mental disorders, in the acute stage;
- severe pathologies of the cardiovascular system;
- lack of sucrase / isomaltase, glucose-galactose malabsorption, fructose intolerance;
- the period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- children and adolescents up to 18 years old;
- individual hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
Intellan syrup is used with caution by patients with diabetes.
Instructions for use of Intellan: method and dosage
The drug is intended for oral administration. Capsules and syrup are taken after meals, twice a day, in the morning and evening. It is advisable to take the drug in the evening at least 3 hours before going to bed.
Recommended single doses:
- Syrup - 2 teaspoons each;
- Capsules - 1 pc.
The duration of the course is 4 weeks. If necessary, as well as to consolidate the therapeutic effect, the course is repeated after a week break.
Allergic reactions may develop in patients with individual hypersensitivity.
When taking the drug at night, sleep disturbance is possible.
Overdose data are not available.
Patients on a low-calorie diet, as well as patients with diabetes mellitus, should take into account that the syrup contains sucrose: 1 daily dose (10 ml) contains about 7 g of sucrose, which is equivalent to 0.58 bread units (XE).
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
Reception of Intellan does not affect the performance of types of work requiring increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions, including driving vehicles, working with moving mechanisms, performing the duties of a dispatcher / operator, etc.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not prescribed for pregnant and lactating women.
According to the instructions, Intellan is not prescribed for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Interaction of Intellan with other substances / preparations is not described.
Analogues of Intellan are: Aralia tincture, Ginos, Memorin, Bilobil Forte, Bilobil Intensity, Tanakan, Namenda, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginkoum, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life: capsules - 2 years; syrup - 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Intellan
According to numerous reviews, Intellan has a good effect on memory function, improving brain activity and the ability to remember. In this case, the lack of addiction to the drug is especially noted.
In isolated cases, such negative effects associated with taking the drug, as sleep disturbance, headache, were described.
According to reviews, it can be seen that the drug is actively prescribed to children with functional and organic lesions of the central nervous system. Such treatment significantly improves the child's psycho-speech development, cognitive activity and fine motor skills. To clarify this possibility of using the drug, you should definitely contact a specialist.
Price for Intellan in pharmacies
The price for Intellan capsules is 110 rubles. per bottle (20 pcs.). There is currently no syrup in the pharmacy chain.
Intellan: prices in online pharmacies
Intellan capsules 20 pcs.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!
Instructions for use Bronchipret drops and syrup. Information on dosing for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Instructions for use Erispirus tablets and syrup. Information on the dosage for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Cough syrup for children from 1 year old is the most convenient dosage form for the treatment of both dry, unproductive and wet coughs with a wide range of diseases
Cough syrup for children should be selected based on the type of cough in the child, the nature of the disease, as well as the age category of the patient
Cough syrups are popular drugs that are divided into several groups depending on the mechanism of action and are used for different types of cough