Table of contents:
- Rankoff Reno
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Rankof Rino, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Rankofe Reno
- Price for Rankoff Reno in pharmacies
- Rankoff Reno: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Rankof Rino - Instructions For The Use Of Nasal Spray, Reviews, Price
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 05:19
Rankoff Reno: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. Drug interactions
- 13. Analogs
- 14. Terms and conditions of storage
- 15. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 16. Reviews
- 17. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Rankof Rino
ATX code: R01AA05
Active ingredient: oxymetazoline (Oxymetazoline)
Manufacturer: VIPS-MED (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2019-04-12
Prices in pharmacies: from 106 rubles.
Rankof Rino is a decongestant drug for topical use in otorhinolaryngology (ENT), an alpha adrenergic agonist.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of a nasal spray 0.025% and 0.05%: a clear liquid, colorless or with a yellowish tinge (10 and 20 ml each in glass bottles of light or dark color, equipped with a spray nozzle and a protective cap, in a cardboard box 1 bottle and instructions on the use of Rankof Reno).
1 ml of spray contains:
- active substance: oxymetazoline hydrochloride - 0.25 or 0.5 mg;
- auxiliary components: disodium edetate dihydrate, sodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sodium hydroxide solution 0.1 M, benzalkonium chloride, purified water.
Rankof Rino is a decongestant drug for topical use in ENT practice. Its active substance, oxymetazoline, is an alpha-adrenergic agonist and has a vasoconstrictor effect.
In the treatment of inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity, the drug helps to reduce swelling and nasal discharge, and to restore nasal breathing. Against the background of elimination of edema of the nasal mucosa, aeration of the paranasal sinuses and the middle ear cavity is restored, thereby preventing the development of such bacterial complications as sinusitis, sinusitis, and otitis media.
After spraying Rankof Rino, the clinical effect is observed within a few minutes and lasts for 12 hours.
Therapeutic concentrations of oxymetazoline do not irritate the nasal mucosa and do not cause hyperemia.
When used intranasally, oxymetazoline does not have a systemic effect. The half-life is 35 hours.
2.1% of oxymetazoline is excreted through the kidneys, about 1.1% through the intestines.
Indications for use
- runny nose in acute respiratory diseases;
- allergic rhinitis;
- vasomotor rhinitis;
- inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, eustachitis, otitis media - in order to restore drainage;
- elimination of edema before diagnostic manipulations in the nasal passages.
- atrophic rhinitis;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- a history of indications of surgical interventions on the dura mater;
- condition after transsphenoidal hypophysectomy;
- age up to 1 year - for a spray 0.025%, up to 6 years - for a spray 0.05%;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Rancof Rino nasal spray should be used with caution in patients with porphyria, increased intraocular pressure, diseases of the cardiovascular system (ischemic heart disease, arterial hypertension, tachycardia, chronic heart failure, arrhythmias), diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, pheochromocytoma, chronic renal failure, hyperplasia prostate gland (urinary retention), severe atherosclerosis, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, with concomitant therapy (and within 14 days after discontinuation) with monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, in combination with tricyclic antidepressants, bromocriptine or drugs that increase blood pressure (BP) …
Rankof Rino, instructions for use: method and dosage
Spray Rankof Rino is used intranasally, after clearing the nasal passages.
For the treatment of children aged 1–6 years, a solution of oxymetazoline 0.025% should be used, for patients over 6 years old - 0.05%.
Recommended dosage: 1 injection into each nasal passage 2-3 times a day. The duration of the course is no more than 7 days.
It should be borne in mind that if the dosage regimen of the drug is violated or the duration of the course of treatment is exceeded, the feeling of nasal congestion may worsen or resume. In this case, therapy should be discontinued and a doctor should be consulted.
- from the respiratory system: often (1-10%) - sneezing, burning and dryness of the nasal mucosa, hypersecretion; infrequently (0.1–1%) - epistaxis, increased edema of the nasal mucosa (reactive hyperemia);
- from the side of the central nervous system: rarely (0.01–0.1%) - insomnia, fatigue, loss of energy, drowsiness, headache, hallucinations;
- on the part of the cardiovascular system: infrequently - increased blood pressure, tachycardia, palpitations; very rarely (0.001-0.01%) - arrhythmia;
- others: in case of violation of the dosage regimen or prolonged use of Rankof Rino - tachyphylaxis, atrophy of the nasal mucosa, edema of the nasal mucosa (rhinitis medicamentosa); eye contact - visual impairment.
Symptoms: dilated pupils, nausea, fever, increased blood pressure, tachycardia, arrhythmia, shortness of breath, convulsions, cardiac arrest, pulmonary edema, cyanosis, depression of the central nervous system (decreased body temperature, drowsiness, lethargy, coma).
Treatment: after ingestion of a high dose of oxymetazoline, immediate gastric lavage, intake of activated charcoal or sodium sulfate is required. With symptoms of severe overdose, intensive therapy is indicated in a hospital setting with the use of artificial ventilation with oxygen, antipyretic and anticonvulsants.
It is impossible to use vasoconstrictor drugs, and with a decrease in blood pressure - selective alpha-blockers.
It should be borne in mind that long-term use or overdose of oxymetazoline can weaken the therapeutic effect, cause atrophy of the nasal mucosa or reactive hyperemia (rhinitis medicamentosa). In connection with the above, the spray must be used in strict accordance with the recommendations for use.
The content of benzalkonium chloride in Rankof Rino increases the risk of irritation and swelling of the nasal mucosa.
Do not allow the spray to get into the eyes.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is possible to use Rancof Reno nasal spray during pregnancy and lactation only as directed by a doctor and only in cases where the expected effect of therapy for the mother outweighs the possible risk to the fetus and child.
The use of Rankof Rino according to clinical indications for the treatment of children aged 1–6 years is shown in the form of a nasal spray 0.025%, over the age of 6 years - a nasal spray 0.05%.
With impaired renal function
Rankof Rino should be used with caution in chronic renal failure.
- vasoconstrictor drugs: the risk of side effects increases;
- local anesthetics: oxymetazoline helps to slow down the absorption of local anesthetic drugs and lengthen the period of their action;
- MAO inhibitors: there is a risk of increased blood pressure, therefore, you should not combine taking the drug with taking MAO inhibitors, and also use it within 14 days after their cancellation;
- tricyclic antidepressants: Interaction of oxymetazoline with tricyclic antidepressants may increase the risk of hypertension and arrhythmia.
The analogues of Rankof Rino are Afrin, Vix Sinex, Nazivin, Nazivin Sensitiv, Nazol, Nazosprey, Nesopin, Noxprey, Oxymetazoline, Oxymetazoline-Akrihin, Oxyfrin, Otrivin Oxy, Rinostop Extra, Sialor Rino, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C in a dark place.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Rankofe Reno
The few reviews about Rancofe Reno are controversial. Their content does not allow obtaining an objective assessment of the effectiveness of the drug.
Price for Rankoff Reno in pharmacies
The price of Rankoff Reno for a package containing 1 bottle (10 ml) of 0.05% nasal spray can be from 217 rubles, 1 bottle (20 ml) of 0.025% nasal spray - from 224 rubles.
Rankoff Reno: prices in online pharmacies
Rankof Rino 0.025% nasal spray 10 ml 1 pc.
Rankof Rino 0.05% nasal spray 10 ml 1 pc.
Rankof Rino 0.025% nasal spray 20 ml 1 pc.
Rankof Rino 0.05% nasal spray 20 ml 1 pc.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!
Curvature of the nasal septum is a common pathology that can cause sinusitis, runny nose and shortness of breath
The nasal cavity is the beginning of the human respiratory tract, the air channel where the olfactory organs are located
Visible signs of curvature of the nasal septum - often the consequences of various injuries, including birth ones - are easy to determine
Persistent, long-lasting and often recurring rhinitis, otitis media, sinusitis and other ENT diseases can be a consequence of the curvature of the nasal septum
Reliable disposal of edema of the nasal mucosa using traditional and folk methods, taking into account the reasons, conditions and development mechanisms