Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- KontrDiar, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about CounterDiara
- Price for CounterDiar in pharmacies
- CounterDiar: prices in online pharmacies
Video: KontrDiar - Instructions For Use, Suspension 200 Mg, Reviews, Price
KontrDiar: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. For violations of liver function
- 12. Drug interactions
- 13. Analogs
- 14. Terms and conditions of storage
- 15. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 16. Reviews
- 17. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: KontrDiar
ATX code: A07AX03
Active ingredient: nifuroxazide (Nifuroxazide)
Manufacturer: KRKA, d.d. (KRKA, dd) (Slovenia)
Description and photo update: 2020-10-08
Prices in pharmacies: from 262 rubles.
KontrDiar is an antidiarrheal drug.
Release form and composition
Dosage forms KontrDiara:
- capsules: No. 0, gelatinous, hard, brownish-yellow body and lid; the contents of the capsules are a powdery mass of bright yellow color with agglomerates (14 pcs. in blisters, 1 or 2 packs in a cardboard box);
- suspension for oral administration: yellow liquid with a banana odor (90 ml in dark glass vials, in a cardboard box 1 bottle complete with a 5 ml dosing syringe).
Each pack also contains instructions for the use of KontrDiara.
Composition of 1 capsule:
- active substance: nifuroxazide - 200 mg;
- auxiliary components: sucrose, corn starch, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate;
- body and lid: gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), iron dye yellow oxide (E172), iron dye red oxide (E172).
Composition of 5 ml suspension:
- active substance: nifuroxazide - 200 mg;
- auxiliary components: sucrose, carbomers, methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), banana flavoring [natural flavors, flavorings, propylene glycol (E1520)], sodium hydroxide, citric acid (E330), purified water.
KontrDiar - antimicrobial drug, intestinal antiseptic. Its active ingredient, nifuroxazide, is a nitrofuran derivative. The mechanism of action of nifuroxazide is due to its ability to block the activity of dehydrogenases in a microbial cell, inhibit a number of biochemical processes, including the tricarboxylic acid cycle and respiratory chains, cause destruction of the membrane of a microbial cell, and reduce the production of toxins by microbes.
The following microorganisms are highly sensitive to nifuroxazide: Salmonella speciales (spp.), Campylobacter jejuni, Shigella spp., Escherichia coli, Clostridium perfringens, pathogenic Vibrions and Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Vibrio cholerae, Staphylococccus
The drug is inactive against Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter spp., Proteus indologenes.
Klebsiella spp., Providencia spp., Proteus mirabilis, Pseudomonas spp. Are resistant to nifuroxazide.
On the background of taking KontrDiara, the balance of the intestinal microflora is not disturbed.
In acute diarrhea of bacterial etiology, nifuroxazide helps to restore intestinal eubiosis. Prevents the development of bacterial superinfection when infected with enterotropic viruses.
After oral administration, nifuroxazide is almost not absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. It has an antibacterial effect exclusively in the intestinal lumen. It is excreted through the intestines, including in unchanged form - 20%.
Indications for use
The use of KontrDiara is indicated for acute bacterial diarrhea, proceeding without an increase in body temperature, deterioration of the general condition and intoxication.
Absolute contraindications for both dosage forms of the drug:
- syndrome of glucose-galactose malabsorption, fructose intolerance, sucrase and isomaltase deficiency;
- period of pregnancy;
- hypersensitivity to nitrofuran derivatives or drug components.
In addition, the CounterDiar suspension cannot be used to treat premature babies.
- capsules: up to 3 years old;
- suspension for oral administration: neonatal period (up to 1 month).
The suspension should be taken with caution in case of liver diseases, alcoholism, traumatic brain injury, brain diseases, in childhood.
Treatment with the drug during lactation is possible only after consulting a doctor.
KontrDiar, instructions for use: method and dosage
KontrDiar capsules are taken orally.
Recommended daily dosage:
- children: from 3 to 6 years old - 1 pc. every 8 hours; children from 6 to 18 years old - 1 pc. with an interval between doses of 6 or 8 hours;
- adults: 1 pc. every 6 hours
The duration of treatment is no more than 7 days. It is necessary to consult a doctor if there are no signs of clinical effect during the first three days of taking the drug.
Suspension KontrDiar is taken orally using the supplied syringe for dosing.
Shake the contents of the bottle before each dose.
Recommended daily dosing regimen:
- children: from 1 to 6 months. - 2.5 ml (100 mg of nifuroxazide), observing the interval between doses of 8 or 12 hours; from 6 months up to 3 years - 2.5 ml every 8 hours; from 3 to 6 years - 5 ml (200 mg of nifuroxazide) every 8 hours; from 6 to 18 years old - 5 ml with an interval between doses of 6 or 8 hours;
- adults: 5 ml every 6 hours.
The duration of the course of treatment is no more than 7 days. If after the first three days of therapy there is no improvement in the condition, you should consult a doctor.
After opening the bottle, the suspension is suitable for use within 1/2 month.
Allergic reactions in the form of skin rash, Quincke's edema, urticaria, anaphylactic shock may occur against the background of the use of KontrDiara.
Overdose symptoms have not been established.
Treatment: symptomatic therapy.
In children under 3 years of age, diarrhea should only be treated under medical supervision.
The appearance of such signs as an increase in body temperature and a deterioration in general condition indicates the systemic nature of bacterial diarrhea, therefore, you should immediately consult a doctor. In this case, the use of systemic antibiotics may be required.
The development of a hypersensitivity reaction is indicated by the appearance of shortness of breath, skin rash and itching, in this case, you should stop taking CounterDiara and consult a doctor.
During the period of treatment with nifuroxazide, the use of alcoholic beverages is contraindicated.
Patients with diabetes should take into account that the sucrose content in 5 ml of suspension is 1000 mg and corresponds to 0.0833 XE (bread unit), in 1 capsule - 68 mg (0.0068 XE).
The content of methyl parahydroxybenzoate in the suspension may cause the development of allergic reactions.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
The use of KontrDiara does not affect the ability of patients to drive vehicles or complex mechanisms.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is not recommended to take CounterDiar during pregnancy due to the lack of sufficient clinical experience.
During the period of breastfeeding, a short course of drug therapy is allowed only on the recommendation of a doctor.
The use of KontrDiara in the form of capsules in children under 3 years of age is contraindicated, oral suspensions - in newborns up to 1 month. life.
The suspension should be taken with caution in children over the age of 1 month.
Before using the drug, it is recommended to consult a doctor and strictly observe the dosage regimen provided for each dosage form.
For violations of liver function
Caution should be taken KontrDiar in the form of a suspension for liver disease.
In the case of concomitant therapy with any drugs, it is necessary to coordinate the reception of CounterDiara with a doctor.
It is not recommended to combine the use of capsules or suspensions with drugs that have a depressing effect on the central nervous system or cause disulfiram-like reactions.
With simultaneous use with nifuroxazide, measures are required to rehydrate the body.
CounterDiara analogues are Adisord, Mirofuril, Nifural, Nifuroxazide, Nifuroxazide Alkaloid, Nifuroxazide-VERTEX, Stopdiar, Ekofuril, Elufor, Enterofuril, Ersefuril, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C, do not allow the suspension to freeze.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Released: capsules - with a prescription, suspension - without a prescription.
Reviews about CounterDiara
Reviews about CounterDiara are positive. Patients report that taking the drug is effective in treating intestinal infections. It is noted that it has a slower action than antibiotics, but the intestinal microflora is not disturbed and does not require subsequent restoration. In addition, the advantages include a wide range of intestinal antiseptic activity and good tolerance. Many people recommend having CounterDiar in the family first aid kit, especially in summer and when traveling.
Price for CounterDiar in pharmacies
The price for CounterDiar for a package containing 28 capsules can be from 398 rubles, 1 bottle (90 ml) of suspension - from 347 rubles.
CounterDiar: prices in online pharmacies
KontrDiar 200 mg capsules 14 pcs.
Counterdiarr capsules 200mg 14 pcs.
KontrDiar 200mg / 5ml + 90ml oral suspension 1 pc.
Counterdiarr suspension d / int. reception 200mg / 5ml fl. 90 ml
KontrDiar 200 mg capsules 28 pcs.
Counterdiarr capsules 200mg 28 pcs.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!