Table of contents:
- Codeine + Paracetamol
- Release form and composition
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Video: Codeine + Paracetamol - Instructions For Use, Indications, Doses, Analogues
Codeine + Paracetamol
Instructions for use:
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Indications for use
- 3. Contraindications
- 4. Method of application and dosage
- 5. Side effects
- 6. Special instructions
- 7. Drug interactions
- 8. Analogs
- 9. Terms and conditions of storage
- 10. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Codeine + Paracetamol is a combined agent with analgesic, antipyretic, antitussive and analgesic effects.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - tablets (10 pcs. In a blister, 2 packs in a cardboard box).
Content of active ingredients in 1 tablet:
Codeine (in the form of phosphate) 8 mg
Paracetamol - 500 mg
Indications for use
The use of the drug Codeine + Paracetamol is indicated in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Influenza and colds - as an antitussive and antipyretic drug;
- Neuralgia, arthralgia, radicular syndrome, migraine, toothache and headache, injuries of the musculoskeletal system - to relieve pain syndrome of moderate and mild severity.
- Pulmonary insufficiency;
- Respiratory disorders against the background of depression of the respiratory center;
- Severe liver failure;
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Violation of hematopoiesis;
- Severe renal failure;
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Age under 12;
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Method of administration and dosage
The tablets are intended for oral administration.
The dose and the period of treatment are prescribed by the doctor based on clinical indications.
Recommended dosage: 1-2 tablets 3-4 times a day (every 4 hours).
The maximum daily dose is 8 tablets.
Without consulting a doctor, as an antipyretic drug, use can last no more than 3 days, as an anesthetic - no more than 5.
The use of the drug can cause the following side effects:
- From the digestive system: pain in the epigastric region, nausea, vomiting;
- Allergic reactions: itching, skin rash, angioedema;
- Others: when taking high doses for a long time - the development of drug dependence; very rarely - thrombocytopenia, anemia, methemoglobinemia, functional disorders in the liver and / or kidneys.
Joint use with expectorant and paracetamol-containing drugs is contraindicated.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
During the period of taking the drug, patients should be careful when engaging in potentially hazardous activities, the implementation of which requires concentration of attention and a high speed of psychomotor reactions, including when driving vehicles and mechanisms.
With simultaneous use with antiepileptic drugs, barbiturates, rifampicin and ethanol (inducers of microsomal oxidation), the risk of hepatotoxicity increases.
The drug enhances the clinical effect of antiplatelet agents, increasing the likelihood of adverse reactions.
The combination of the drug Codeine + Paracetamol with monoamine oxidase inhibitors causes disruption of accommodation, ataxia, paresthesia, hypotension.
The simultaneous administration of drugs that depress the central nervous system, enhances the effect on the respiratory center and the sedative effect of the drug.
Against the background of the use of oral contraceptives, the metabolic rate of paracetamol decreases by 20-30%.
Codeine increases the effect of ethanol on psychomotor function.
The analogue of Codeine + Paracetamol is Codelmixt.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children, protected from light, dry place.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!