Table of contents:
- Meldonium Organic
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Meldonium Organic, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Use in the elderly
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Meldonia Organic
- Price for Meldonium Organics in pharmacies
- Meldonium Organic: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Meldonium Organic - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Capsules
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-06-04 23:24
Meldonium Organic: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Use in the elderly
- 14. Drug interactions
- 15. Analogs
- 16. Terms and conditions of storage
- 17. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 18. Reviews
- 19. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Meldonium Organica
ATX code: C01EB22
Active ingredient: meldonium dihydrate (Meldonium digidratum)
Manufacturer: JSC "Organika" (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2020-18-08
Prices in pharmacies: from 166 rubles.
Meldonium Organic is a metabolic agent.
Release form and composition
- solution for injection: clear, colorless liquid (5 ml in ampoules, in a cardboard box, instructions for use of Meldonium Organic, 10 ampoules and ampoule knife / scarifier);
- capsules: hard, gelatinous, with a white body and lid, size No. 0 (dosage 250 mg) or No. 00 (dosage 500 mg); contents - hygroscopic crystalline powder of almost white or white color with a weak characteristic odor (in a cardboard box, instructions for medical use of Meldonium Organic and 2, 4 or 6 blisters containing 10 capsules each).
Composition of 1 ml solution:
- active ingredient: meldonium dihydrate - 100 mg;
- excipient: water for injection.
Composition of 1 capsule:
- active ingredient: meldonium dihydrate - 250 or 500 mg;
- auxiliary ingredients: potato starch, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide (aerosil), microcrystalline cellulose type 200;
- capsule shell: gelatin, titanium dioxide.
The active ingredient in Meldonium Organic is meldonium, a precursor of carnitine, a structural analogue of gamma-butyrobetaine (GBB).
Under conditions of increased load, this substance restores the balance of the processes of oxygen delivery to cells and its consumption by them. Meldonium also removes toxic metabolic products accumulated in cells, thereby protecting them from damage. Has a tonic effect.
While taking meldonium, the body acquires the ability to withstand increased loads and quickly restore its energy reserve. These properties of the drug are used for various disorders of the cardiovascular system, disorders of the blood supply to the brain. Also meldonium is effective for increased physical and mental stress.
In case of ischemic damage to the myocardium in the acute phase, Meldonium Organics slows down the formation of a necrotic zone, reduces the duration of the rehabilitation period.
In patients with heart failure during therapy, myocardial contractility increases, tolerance to physical activity increases, and the frequency of angina attacks decreases.
In acute and chronic disorders of cerebral circulation of an ischemic nature, Meldonium Organics improves blood circulation in the ischemic focus and redistribution of blood in ischemic areas.
In patients with chronic alcoholism in the case of withdrawal symptoms, the drug eliminates functional disorders of the nervous system.
After intravenous administration, the bioavailability of the drug is 100%. The maximum plasma concentration (C max) is reached almost immediately after injection.
As a result of oral administration, meldonium is rapidly absorbed. Its bioavailability with this method of application is 78%, and C max is achieved after 1–2 hours.
Meldonium undergoes metabolism, as a result of which two main metabolites are formed, which are subsequently excreted by the kidneys.
The half-life (T 1/2) is from 3 to 6 hours. In trace concentrations, the drug is stored in the blood cells and in the systemic circulation.
Indications for use
- reduced performance;
- physical and mental stress, including overwork in athletes;
- thrombosis of the central retinal vein and its branches;
- retinopathy of any etiology (hypertensive, diabetic);
- hemorrhage in the vitreous body or in the retina of various etiologies;
- chronic heart failure;
- dyshormonal cardiomyopathy;
- ischemic heart disease (angina pectoris, myocardial infarction) - as part of complex therapy;
- acute and chronic disorders of the blood supply to the brain (cerebrovascular insufficiency, stroke) - as part of complex therapy;
- withdrawal symptoms in chronic alcoholism - as part of specific therapy for alcoholism.
- increased intracranial pressure (for example, due to impaired venous outflow or intracranial tumor);
- age up to 18 years;
- period of pregnancy and lactation;
- hypersensitivity to any component of capsules or Meldonium Organic solution.
Relative (the drug should be used with extreme caution): liver disease, functional disorders of the kidneys.
Meldonium Organic, instructions for use: method and dosage
Meldonium Organic Injection Solution is administered intravenously (IV) or parabulbar. Due to the possible development of an exciting effect, it is advisable to use the drug in the first half of the day.
Recommended dosage regimen depending on indications:
- myocardial infarction (as part of complex therapy): daily dose - 500-1000 mg (5-10 ml) intravenous stream;
- stable angina pectoris, chronic heart failure, dyshormonal cardiomyopathy: 500–1000 mg per day intravenously in a stream for 10–14 days. In the future, the patient is transferred to Meldonium Organic capsules for oral administration. The total duration of therapy is 4–6 weeks;
- acute cerebrovascular accident: 500 mg (5 ml) once a day i.v. for 10 days with the subsequent transfer of the patient to Meldonium Organika in the form of capsules in a daily dose of 500-1000 mg. The total course of treatment is 4–6 weeks;
- chronic insufficiency of cerebral circulation (discirculatory encephalopathy): 500 mg once a day i.v. for 10 days, then the patient is transferred to Meldonium Organic capsules for oral administration (500 mg per day). The general course of therapy lasts 4-6 weeks. If necessary, it is possible to conduct repeated courses (usually 2-3 per year);
- ophthalmopathology (as part of complex therapy): 500 mg parabulbar for 10 days;
- chronic alcoholism: 500 mg 2 times a day / in the course of 7-10 days;
- physical and mental overload: 500 mg once a day intravenously for 10-14 days, with a possible repetition of the course in 2-3 weeks.
Meldonium Organic capsules should be taken orally. In connection with the possible development of an exciting effect, it is advisable to do this in the first half of the day. If the dose needs to be divided into several doses, the last one should be no later than 17:00.
Recommended dosage regimen:
- ischemic heart disease, chronic heart failure (as part of complex therapy): 500–1000 mg in 1–2 doses for 4–6 weeks;
- dyshormonal cardiomyopathy (as part of complex therapy): 500 mg per day for 12 days;
- subacute and chronic disorders of the blood supply to the brain (as part of complex therapy): 500–1000 mg in 1–2 doses after the end of the course of injection therapy with Meldonium Organic solution. The general course of treatment is 4-6 weeks. Repeated courses are held 2-3 times a year;
- mental and physical overload, reduced performance: 500 mg 2 times a day for 10-14 days, followed by a repeated course (if required) in 2-3 weeks;
- physical overload in athletes: 500-1000 mg 2 times a day before training. The course of treatment in the preparatory training period lasts 14-21 days, during the competition - 10-14 days;
- withdrawal symptoms in chronic alcoholism (as part of complex specific therapy): 500 mg 4 times a day for 7-10 days.
The doctor determines the method of application of Meldonium Organic, the optimal doses and duration of treatment individually, taking into account the patient's diagnosis and the severity of his condition.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated. In rare episodes, susceptible patients and individuals exceeding recommended doses may experience the following adverse reactions:
- from the nervous system: often (> 1/100 and <1/10) - headache; the frequency is unknown (according to the available data, it is not possible to estimate the frequency of development of these effects) - excitement;
- on the part of the heart and blood vessels: very rarely (<1/10 000) - a decrease in blood pressure, tachycardia;
- on the part of the blood and lymphatic system: the frequency is unknown - eosinophilia;
- from the gastrointestinal tract (when taking Meldonium Organic in capsule form): often - dyspeptic disorders;
- from the immune system: often - allergic reactions (itching, skin redness, swelling);
- others: frequency unknown - general weakness.
There were no reports of drug overdose. Meldonium has low toxicity, therefore it is not able to cause the development of severe side effects that are dangerous to the health and life of patients.
Presumably, with an overdose, a decrease in blood pressure is possible, which is accompanied by general weakness, tachycardia, headache and dizziness.
Treatment of intoxication is aimed at eliminating symptoms. In severe cases, monitoring of the functional state of the kidneys and liver is required.
Many years of experience in the treatment of unstable angina pectoris and acute myocardial infarction in cardiology departments indicates that Meldonium Organika is not a first-line drug for acute coronary syndrome, therefore its appointment for this disease is not mandatory.
In patients receiving meldonium, during doping control, it is possible to obtain a positive result.
Since January 1, 2016, all medicines that contain meldonium have been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
There is no information indicating the negative effect of Meldonium Organic on the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability to concentrate.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the safety of meldonium has not been studied. In order to avoid the possible development of negative phenomena in the fetus, it is contraindicated for women to take the drug during gestation.
Studies on the excretion of the drug in milk and its effect on infants have not been conducted. In this regard, Meldonium Organic is not prescribed during lactation. If treatment with a drug is appropriate, it is recommended to transfer the child to artificial feeding.
Treatment with the drug is contraindicated in patients under 18 years of age.
With impaired renal function
Meldonium Organic is used with caution in kidney diseases, especially if long-term treatment is required.
For violations of liver function
Solution and capsules Meldonium Organic for liver diseases is used with caution, especially if long-term treatment is required.
Use in the elderly
There are no data indicating the need to adjust the dose of Meldonium Organica for elderly patients.
Meldonium Organic can be used in combination with diuretics, cardiac glycosides, long-acting nitrates and other antianginal agents.
It is permissible to combine it with bronchodilators, antiarrhythmics, antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants, as well as drugs that improve microcirculation.
Meldonium is able to enhance the effect of antihypertensive drugs, peripheral vasodilators, beta-blockers, nifedipine, nitroglycerin. These combinations should be used with caution.
It is impossible to prescribe Meldonium Organic with other drugs, which contain meldonium, as the risk of side effects increases.
The drug enhances the action of cardiac glycosides.
Analogues of Meldonium Organic are Angiocardil, Biotredin, Dibikor, Idrinol, Potassium orotat, Carnitex, Carnitine, Carniten, Karnitetin, Cocarboxylase, Meldonium, Melfor, Mildovell, Miljen, Elkar, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark place, out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
The shelf life of the solution is 2 years, the capsules are 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Meldonia Organic
Despite the very affordable cost, Meldonium Organic, according to patient reviews, is a very effective remedy. The drug improves health, gives strength and vigor, increases physical activity and performance, and also has a beneficial effect on the heart. In addition, the drug is well tolerated and there are no undesirable effects.
Price for Meldonium Organics in pharmacies
The price of Meldoniya Organic in the form of a solution for injection is 150–179 rubles. per package containing 10 ampoules of 5 ml.
Capsules in a dosage of 250 mg can be purchased for about 185–240 rubles. (40 pcs. In a package), in a dosage of 500 mg - for 443-512 rubles. (60 pcs per pack).
Meldonium Organic: prices in online pharmacies
Meldonium Organic 100 mg / ml solution for injection 5 ml 10 pcs.
Meldonium Organic 250 mg capsules 40 pcs.
Meldonium Organic 500 mg capsules 60 pcs.
Meldonium organic capsules 500 mg 60 pcs.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!