Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Saltos: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Saltos
- Price for Saltos in pharmacies
Video: Saltos - Instructions For The Use Of Tablets, Reviews, Price, Analogues
Saltos: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Saltos
ATX code: R03CC02
Active ingredient: Salbutamol
Manufacturer: Pulmomed (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2019-31-07
Saltos is a bronchodilator.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - tablets of prolonged action, coated (10 pcs. In a blister, 3 packs in a cardboard box; 30 or 60 pcs. In plastic bottles, 1 bottle in a cardboard box).
1 tablet contains:
- active substance: salbutamol hemisuccinate - 7.23 mg;
- auxiliary components: magnesium stearate, sodium chloride, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, cellulose acetate, low molecular weight medical polyvinylpyrrolidone.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
In therapeutic doses, the drug has the following effects on the body:
- causes desensitization and a decrease in the number of beta2-adrenergic receptors (including on lymphocytes);
- has a pronounced stimulating effect on the beta2-adrenergic receptors of the blood vessels, myometrium and bronchi;
- reduces contractile activity and tone of the myometrium;
- causes expansion of the coronary arteries;
- reduces the content of potassium in plasma;
- has a lipolytic and hyperglycemic effect;
- affects insulin secretion and glycogenolysis;
- increases the risk of acidosis;
- prevents nocturnal attacks of suffocation;
- prevents the development of bronchospasm, and also improves breathing against the background of developed bronchospasm.
Saltos practically does not affect the beta1-adrenergic receptors of the heart, does not increase blood pressure and does not have a negative effect on the cardiovascular system. In comparison with other drugs of this group, it has a less pronounced positive chrono- and inotropic effect.
The controlled release of the active substance after oral administration of the tablet allows the creation and long-term maintenance of an effective therapeutic concentration of the drug in the blood. The duration of the preservation of the therapeutic effect is from 12 to 14 hours.
Saltos is well absorbed in the digestive tract. The half-life of the drug is 6 hours. The agent undergoes presystemic metabolism in the intestinal wall and in the liver. Communication with plasma proteins - 10%. The drug is excreted by the kidneys (from 69 to 90%), mainly in unchanged form and in the form of an inactive phenol sulfate metabolite (60%), as well as in the bile (4%).
Indications for use
- prevention and treatment of reversible bronchial obstruction in pulmonary emphysema, chronic obstructive bronchitis, bronchial asthma;
- prevention of asthma attacks during sleep.
- functional disorders of the kidneys and / or liver;
- severe heart failure;
- polytopic ventricular premature beats, paroxysmal tachycardia and other heart rhythm disturbances;
- period of pregnancy;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
It is recommended to be careful when prescribing the drug to patients with thyrotoxicosis.
Instructions for the use of Saltos: method and dosage
The tablets are taken orally, swallowing whole.
- prevention and treatment of reversible bronchial obstruction of all types: 1 pc. after noon. If it is necessary to achieve a therapeutic effect, the daily dose can be increased to 2-3 pcs., The first tablet should be taken in the morning, then, depending on the dose, with an interval of 12 or 8 hours;
- prevention of asthma attacks at night: 1 pc. 3-4 hours before going to bed.
Against the background of the use of the drug, the development of tachycardia and tremor (especially of the hands) is possible.
With an overdose of Saltos, the development of symptoms of acute poisoning is possible:
- palpitations, tachycardia, arrhythmia, angina pectoris;
- nervous tension;
- headache, dizziness;
- dryness of the oral mucosa;
- hyperglycemia (replacing hypoglycemia);
- increase / decrease or increase in blood pressure;
With the development of such symptoms, the drug is stopped, gastric lavage and symptomatic therapy are prescribed.
Do not take damaged tablets or chew them.
If there are signs of side effects of the drug, you should consult a doctor.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, Saltos is used only when the benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the baby. When prescribing the drug, care must be taken, since it can lead to the development of hyperglycemia and tachycardia in the mother (especially in patients with diabetes mellitus) and the fetus, as well as cause a delay in labor in the mother.
Salbutamol is able to penetrate into breast milk, therefore, during lactation, Saltos is used only in cases where the benefit to the mother outweighs the possible risk to the baby.
According to the instructions, Saltos should not be used in the treatment of children under the age of 12.
The simultaneous use of non-selective β-blockers is contraindicated.
Saltos analogs are: Salmo, Salbutamol, Salamol, Salgim, Sterineb, Ventodisk, Salbuvent, Cibutol, Cyclocaps, Bronchovaleas, Salbutabs, Salbutamol-aeronativ, Salben, Ventokol, Ventolin, Astaline, Nebutamuly-Salamolin, Salamateva Salamol Eco Light Breath, Salbutamol-MHFP, Salbutamol-native, Cybutol Cyclocaps.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a dark, dry place at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life is 4 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Saltos
There are positive reviews about Saltos as a fat burner. Doctors warn that in combination with physical activity and a low-calorie diet, the drug can really speed up the process of burning fat, but we must not forget about the possible development of serious side effects (for example, diabetes mellitus).
Price for Saltos in pharmacies
Currently, you cannot buy Saltos in pharmacies.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!