Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Ropren, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Ropren
- Ropren price in pharmacies
Video: Ropren - Instructions For Use, Price Of Drops, Reviews, Analogues Of The Drug
Ropren: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Ropren
ATX code: A05BA
Active ingredient: Ropren (Ropren)
Producer: JSC "Pharmaceutical Factory of St. Petersburg" (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2019-17-12
Ropren is a hepatoprotective herbal medicinal product obtained using a unique technology that allows the isolation of 95% polyprenol concentrate (active substance of the drug) from pine needles; has a hypolipidemic effect.
Release form and composition
The drug is released in the form of drops for oral administration: oily liquid, transparent, from yellow to yellowish-orange in color (4 g or 8 g each in dark glass vials, complete with a dropper cap, in a cardboard box 1 bottle and instructions for use of Ropren).
100 g of drops contain:
- active substance: Ropren - 25 g, the amount of polyprenols is 95%;
- auxiliary component: refined deodorized sunflower oil.
Ropren is a herbal preparation for the treatment of liver diseases. It has a hypolipidemic and hepatoprotective effect as a result of the normalization of oxidative phosphorylation processes at the level of cellular metabolism and detoxification function of the liver. By competitive inhibition of peroxide processes, Ropren promotes the restoration of hepatocyte membranes.
The active substance of the Ropren preparation is polyprenols, a product of processing the greenery of the European pine. Polyprenols are natural precursors of dolichols, the main transport lipids located inside the cell membrane of all human tissues and organs. Dolichols play an important role in protecting cell membranes, stabilizing cellular proteins and supporting the body's immune system. They act as a coenzyme in the synthesis of polysaccharides in protein-carbohydrate metabolism, and are a necessary component of the metabolic dolichol-phosphate cycle. The pharmacological action of polyprenols is based on their substitution effect in the presence of dolichols deficiency, observed as a result of chronic inflammatory and degenerative processes, as well as oncological pathologies.
According to the results of a comprehensive pharmacokinetic study of the safety indicators of Ropren during a large-scale scientific assessment, it was found that the drug is non-toxic (half-lethal dose LD50> 10000 mg / kg), does not cause allergies and irritation, and does not have carcinogenic and mutagenic activity.
Ropren's mechanisms of action:
- restoration of hepatocytes through the regeneration of damaged cell membranes, normalization of energy supply and maintenance of oxidative phosphorylation processes at the mitochondrial level;
- pronounced lipid-lowering effect;
- normalization of the lipid spectrum of the blood, by increasing the level of high density lipoproteins (HDL);
- a decrease in the concentration of low density lipoproteins (LDL) and very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) to normal levels;
- stimulating the production of natural interferon.
The effectiveness of Ropren has been proven in clinical trials conducted in leading clinics and research centers with the participation of more than 400 volunteers. The results of clinical and preclinical studies have shown a wide range of pharmacological action of the drug on the human body.
In patients with diseases of the hepatobiliary system (chronic hepatitis, fatty liver degeneration), the following effect of Ropren on blood biochemical parameters was confirmed: positive dynamics of liver function tests, namely, a decrease in the level of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GG) stabilization of the level of alkaline phosphatase (ALP).
During therapy with Ropren in patients with liver diseases in combination with chronic alcoholism, the following positive changes were observed:
- Regression of withdrawal symptoms (within 7 days).
- Improvement of the neurological state in 81.4% of patients with severe local cerebral pathologies (within 15 days).
- Rapid and obvious regression of symptoms of polyneuropathy of the extremities (within 15 days); the trend towards a gradual decrease in the severity of polyneuropathy persisted after the completion of Ropren.
- Improvement of the condition from very severe to moderate was observed in 76.6% of patients. Complete recovery was recorded in 10% of cases.
- A noticeable improvement in the function of the liver, kidneys and pancreas was expressed by the normalization of blood glucose and total cholesterol levels.
- Progress in therapy for psychosomatic diseases, including depression, in 80% of patients (within 15 days).
- Improved cognitive function (in 14 days).
- Significant positive changes in brain encephalogram results in 42% of patients. Positive changes of a more restrained nature were experienced by 24% of patients; improvement of electroencephalography (EEG) indices was expressed in stronger α-rhythms, which resulted in a decrease in irritability and anxiety, disappearance / reduction of symptoms of vascular instability.
After therapy with Ropren, a pronounced positive dynamics was noted both from the side of normalization of the function of the liver, kidneys and pancreas, and from the side of the functional state of the central and peripheral nervous system.
In the liver, Ropren (polyprenols) is biotransformed into an active form - dolichol, which is involved in the formation of glycoproteins and glycosylation of membrane proteins. In the form of a saturated form - up to 45% of the absorbed dose, in the form of a phosphorylated form (dolichol phosphate) - up to 15%.
The maximum level (C max) in the blood is about 4 μg / ml and is reached 3 hours after taking the drug. The overall absolute bioavailability is 75.2%.
The total time of presence in the body is on average 11 hours. The half-life (T 1/2) is ~ 10 hours.
Roprene effectively penetrates tissues and organs. The apparent stationary volume of distribution is 42–46 l / kg.
Indications for use
- cirrhosis of the liver - as part of complex therapy;
- fatty degeneration of the liver of various etiologies;
- toxic liver damage (alcoholic, drug or narcotic).
- period of pregnancy;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Ropren, instructions for use: method and dosage
Ropren drops are taken orally with meals.
Recommended dosage: 3 drops 3 times a day. The duration of the course of treatment is 90 days.
Taking drops can cause the development of allergic reactions.
After taking the drug in a single dose of 4 ml, in addition to a weak laxative effect, other symptoms of intoxication are not observed.
In case of symptoms of allergic reactions, you should consult a doctor.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Ropren is contraindicated during gestation and breastfeeding.
The use of Ropren drops for the treatment of children is contraindicated.
No drug interactions of Ropren have been identified when used simultaneously with other drugs.
Ropren's analogs are Gepabene, Bongigar, Gepaphor, Deepana, Laennek, Liv.52, Prohepar, Tykveol, Entofit Gepato, Sibektan, Remaxol, Eslidin, Essliver forte, Fosfontsiale, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at temperatures up to 10 ° C, protected from moisture and light.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Ropren
Currently, on specialized sites you can find only positive reviews about Ropren. Patients claim that this wonderful natural innovative drug is the best hepatoprotector in existence. They describe a case of his course administration after chemotherapy, which helped a lot.
Ropren price in pharmacies
The price of Ropren has not been set due to the lack of drops in the pharmacy chain.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!