Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Retabolil, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Use in the elderly
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews of Retabolil
- The price of Retabolil in pharmacies
Video: Retabolil - Instructions For Use, Price, Reviews, Drug Analogues
Retabolil: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Use in the elderly
- 14. Drug interactions
- 15. Analogs
- 16. Terms and conditions of storage
- 17. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 18. Reviews
- 19. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Retabolil
ATX code: A14AB01
Active ingredient: nandrolone (nandrolone)
Producer: Gedeon Richter (Hungary)
Description and photo updated: 28.08.
Retabolil is an anabolic drug for systemic use.
Release form and composition
The dosage form of the release is an oil solution for intramuscular injection: transparent, greenish-yellow, with a characteristic odor, has no extraneous visible mechanical impurities (in 1 ml ampoules, 1 ampoule in a cardboard box or 1 ampoule in a contour plastic package (pallet), 1 package (pallet) in a cardboard box; each box also contains instructions for the use of Retabolil).
Composition of 1 ml solution:
- Active ingredient: nandrolone decanoate - 50 mg;
- Auxiliary components: isopropyl and benzyl alcohols, sunflower oil.
Nandrolone - the active component of Retabolil - a synthetic testosterone derivative. Possesses low androgenic activity.
Retabolil is a long-acting anabolic agent (depot drug). Promotes the stimulation of protein biosynthesis in the body, leads to a retention of calcium, nitrogen, potassium, sodium, chloride and phosphorus. As a result, there is an increase in muscle mass and acceleration of bone growth, and water retention in the body is observed.
Nandrolone decanoate is released slowly from the injection site into the bloodstream. T 1/2 (half-life) is 6 days. Ether in the blood is rapidly hydrolyzed to nandrolone with a T 1/2 of less than one hour. In general, T 1/2 for a process involving hydrolysis, distribution and elimination of the substance from the plasma is 4.3 hours.
Nandrolone metabolism occurs in the liver. The main metabolites - 19-norandosterone, 19-norepianthrosterone and 19-norethiocholanone, are excreted by the kidneys. There is no information on the pharmacological activity of these metabolites.
Indications for use
Retabolil is used to treat diseases in which prolonged use of anabolic drugs is indicated (in order to avoid complications, the drug can be taken strictly according to a medical prescription):
- Osteoporosis of various etiologies;
- Spinal amyotrophy of Werdnig-Hoffmann;
- Violation of protein metabolism associated with serious burns, trauma, surgery, radiation therapy, severe infectious diseases;
- Progressive muscular dystrophy;
- Cachexia of various etiologies;
- Diabetic retinopathy;
- Glomerulonephritis, programmed hemodialysis for chronic renal failure;
- Disseminated breast cancer in women (as a palliative therapy).
The combined use of Retabolil with glucocorticoids, cytostatic and tuberculostatic drugs is possible.
- Prostate and breast cancer in men;
- Nephrotic syndrome;
- Chronic / acute prostatitis;
- Severe liver damage, liver failure associated with cancer or liver metastases;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Retabolil is taken with caution in the following diseases / conditions:
- heart failure;
- arterial hypertension;
- severe atherosclerosis;
- violation of cerebral circulation;
- myocardial infarction (including a history);
- renal / hepatic impairment;
- hypertrophy of the prostate;
- history of glaucoma (anabolic steroids cause fluid and sodium retention in the body);
- convulsions (including a history);
- elderly age.
For women and children, Retabolil is prescribed if the expected effect of therapy exceeds the possible risks (due to the androgenic activity of the drug).
Retabolil, instructions for use: method and dosage
Retabolil should be injected deep intramuscularly.
The drug is prescribed for outpatient and inpatient treatment.
The doctor determines the dose of Retabolil individually.
The average adult single dose is 25-50 mg, for children - 0.4 mg / kg of body weight; frequency of administration - every 3-4 weeks.
With myopathies, individual doses may be prescribed. For cancer, the adult dose is 50 mg every 5 days; for severe renal failure, the same dose is administered weekly.
Possible side reactions (in men and women): vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite, burning sensation in the tongue, decreased / increased libido, acne (especially in pubertal boys and women), sodium / nitrogen / water retention in the body, edema, jaundice, cholestasis, increased vascularization of the skin, suppression of gonadotropin secretion, hypercalcemia (especially in immobile patients and in women with metastases of breast cancer).
Also, depending on the sex of the patient, the following disorders may be observed:
- Women: symptoms of virilization (in the form of hirsutism, baldness, irreversible decrease in voice tone, clitoris enlargement, menstrual irregularities, suppression of ovarian function);
- Men: Frequent erections at puberty, suppression of testicular function, oligospermia, gynecomastia, enlarged penis.
There is no data on overdose.
The main symptoms: increased side reactions.
Therapy: symptomatic. There is no specific antidote.
To achieve the optimal therapeutic effect, during therapy, the patient should receive an adequate amount of minerals, vitamins, fats, proteins and carbohydrates with food.
Due to the androgenic activity, Retabolil can be prescribed to children and women only in cases where the intended benefit is higher than the possible risk.
The use of high doses of the drug at puberty can lead to premature closure of growth zones and growth arrest.
Retabolil can lead to the development of sodium and fluid retention in the body, therefore, it should be used with caution in arterial hypertension, renal / heart failure, epilepsy, migraine, glaucoma (as well as in the case of indications of these diseases in history). During the period of therapy, it is necessary to carefully monitor the intraocular pressure.
Before the appointment of Retabolil, as well as during treatment, it is necessary to carry out rectal control of the size of the prostate gland.
In some cases, during treatment, violations of the indicators of some functional liver tests are observed, and therefore, monitoring of liver function is indicated every month.
In diabetes mellitus, Retabolil can lead to an increase in glucose tolerance, thereby reducing the need for insulin / oral hypoglycemic drugs.
With metastases of breast cancer in the bone, hypercalcemia may develop. In these cases, the use of the drug is possible only after the normalization of the level of calcium in the blood.
The use of Retabolil to stimulate athletic qualities is unacceptable, as it can lead to serious impairments.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Retabolil is not prescribed during pregnancy / lactation.
Due to the androgenic activity of nandrolone, prescribing therapy for children is possible only if the expected benefit is higher than the potential risk. With the use of high doses of Retabolil at puberty, premature closure of growth zones and growth arrest are possible.
With impaired renal function
In case of renal failure, Retabolil is prescribed under medical supervision.
For violations of liver function
Contraindications to the use of Retabolil are severe liver damage, liver failure in cancer patients or in patients with liver metastases.
Patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment should take the drug with caution.
Against the background of the use of the drug, the development of violations of the indicators of some functional liver tests is sometimes noted. In this regard, liver function must be monitored every 4 weeks.
Use in the elderly
Elderly patients should take the drug with caution.
With caution, Retabolil should be prescribed in combination with the following drugs:
- Hypoglycemic drugs: due to the likelihood of increasing their hypoglycemic action;
- Indirect anticoagulants: due to the likelihood of increasing their action.
Retabolil's analogs are: Superbolan, Abolon, Deca-Durabolin, Decanabol, Fortabolin, Nandrolone decanoate, Anabozan-Depo, Decanandrolin, Eubolin, Gormoretard, Superbolan, Nortestosteronedecanoate, Turinabol-Depo.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children at a temperature of 15-30 ° C.
The shelf life is 5 years.
Under the influence of cold, Retabolil may become cloudy. In this case, the ampoule with the solution must be heated before use until the crystals dissolve.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews of Retabolil
Reviews about Retabolil are mostly positive. When using the drug according to indications and in compliance with the recommended doses, side effects are rare.
The price of Retabolil in pharmacies
The approximate price for Retabolil (1 ampoule of 1 ml) is 190 rubles.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!