Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Relief: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Relief
- Price for Relief in pharmacies
- Relief: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Relief - Instructions For Use, Composition, Price, Analogs, Ointment, Suppositories
Relief: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Relief
ATX code: C05AX03
Active ingredient: phenylephrine (phenylephrine)
Producer: ISTITUTO de ANGELI (Italy), FAMAR (Greece)
Description and photo updated: 2018-26-11
Prices in pharmacies: from 367 rubles.
Relief is a drug for local use in proctology, vasoconstrictor, wound healing and anti-inflammatory action.
Release form and composition
- rectal suppositories: opaque, from almost white to pale yellow, torpedo-shaped (6 suppositories in a blister of opaque PVC film, 2 blisters in a cardboard box);
- ointment for rectal and external use: homogeneous, yellow, free of foreign inclusions (28.4 g in a plastic tube with a polypropylene cap, in a cardboard box 1 tube with an applicator).
1 suppository contains:
- active ingredients: phenylephrine hydrochloride - 5 mg;
- additional components: corn starch, cocoa butter, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate.
1 g of ointment contains:
- active ingredients: phenylephrine hydrochloride - 2.5 mg (0.25%);
- additional components: propyl parahydroxybenzoate, mineral oil, anhydrous lanolin, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, benzoic acid, lanolin alcohol, glycerol, thyme herb oil, alpha-tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), corn oil, white beeswax, paraffin, purified water.
Relief is an anti-hemorrhoidal drug. The active substance of the drug, phenylephrine hydrochloride, exhibits a local vasoconstrictor effect, which reduces exudation, reduces tissue swelling and itching in the anorectal region.
There is no information on the pharmacokinetics of phenylephrine hydrochloride.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Relief is recommended for the symptomatic treatment of the following lesions:
- cracks in the anus;
- anal itching.
- thromboembolic disease;
- age up to 12 years;
- sensitivity to components in the Relief composition.
The product should be used with caution in the following diseases / conditions:
- arterial hypertension;
- retention of urine (prostatic hypertrophy);
- pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Instructions for the use of Relief: method and dosage
Immediately before using Relief, hygiene of the perianal zone is required.
Suppositories are injected into the rectum, 1 pc. up to 4 times a day - in the morning, at night, and also after each act of defecation.
Ointment for rectal and external use
Before injecting the product, it is required to remove the protective cap from the applicator and attach the latter to the tube, and then squeeze out a small amount of ointment to lubricate the applicator. On the affected areas inside or outside the anus, the ointment should be gently applied through the applicator. Also, the agent is used to treat the skin in the anus.
It is recommended to use Relief ointment in the morning, in the evening and after each bowel movement, but no more than 4 times a day. After the procedure, the applicator must be rinsed and put into a protective cap.
Against the background of treatment with Relief, in rare cases, the development of allergic reactions may occur.
Data not specified.
If during the period of therapy the development of bleeding is observed, the general condition worsens or the desired therapeutic effect cannot be achieved within 7 days of the course, it is necessary to stop using the drug and consult a doctor.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, an antihemorrhoidal agent is not recommended to be used without the agreement of your doctor.
Relief is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
- antihypertensive drugs - the effect of these drugs is weakened due to the phenylephrine present in Relif;
- antidepressants-inhibitors of monoamine oxidase (MAO) - the threat of developing a hypertensive crisis is aggravated.
Relief analogs are: Proctosan, Proctosan Neo, Anusol, Betiol, Ichthyol, Procto-Glivenol, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 25 ° C out of the reach of children.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Relief
There are quite a lot of reviews about Relief on medical sites and they are very ambiguous. Many patients were satisfied with the effect of the drug, noting that after the treatment, small cracks in the anus and around the anus healed, bleeding stopped, and pain was relieved. They also indicate a positive result of drug therapy at the initial stage of external hemorrhoids. For some patients, suppositories and Relief ointment helped to cope with this lesion during pregnancy.
However, there are many reviews in which they note that the drug does not treat hemorrhoids, but only reduces the severity of the manifestations of its individual symptoms for a short time. There are also many complaints about a very unpleasant odor of the ointment and sometimes discomfort when using suppositories (it is required to use pads, since candles can stain laundry). In isolated cases, they indicate the development of side effects that are not indicated in the instructions, such as painful bloating, nausea. Many patients are unhappy with the high cost of the product.
Price for Relief in pharmacies
The Relief price can be:
- rectal suppositories: 410–480 rubles per pack containing 12 pcs.;
- rectal ointment: 360–480 rubles per tube.
Relief: prices in online pharmacies
Relief Pro 1 mg + 20 mg / g rectal cream 10 g 1 pc.
Relief 5 mg rectal suppositories 12 pcs.
Relief 2.5 mg / g ointment for rectal and external use 28.4 g 1 pc.
Relief suppositories rectal. 5mg 12 pcs.
Relief ointment ointment for rectum. and outside. approx. 28.4g
numis? med Shampoo Stress Relief "SENSITIVE pH 5.5", 200 ml
Relief Advance 206 mg rectal suppositories 12 pcs.
Reviews Relief Advance
Relief Advance 20% ointment for rectal and external use 28.4 g 1 pc.
Reviews Relief Advance
Relief Ultra rectal suppositories 12 pcs.
Relief Ultra suppositories rectal. 12 pcs.
Relief Pro 1 mg + 40 mg rectal suppositories 12 pcs.
Relief Advance Supp. rekt. n12
Relief Pro suppositories rectal. 12 pcs.
|See all offers from pharmacies|
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!