Table of contents:
- Codelac Broncho with thyme
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use of Codelac Broncho with thyme: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews of Codelac Broncho with thyme
- Price for Codelac Broncho with thyme in pharmacies
- Codelac Broncho with thyme: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Codelak Broncho With Thyme - Instructions For Use, Reviews, Price
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 05:19
Codelac Broncho with thyme
Codelac Broncho with thyme: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Instructions for use of Codelac Broncho with thyme: method and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Drug interactions
- 14. Analogs
- 15. Terms and conditions of storage
- 16. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 17. Reviews Codelake Broncho with thyme
- 18. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Codelac Broncho with Thymus Serpyllum
ATX code: R05CA10
Active ingredient: ambroxol, sodium glycyrrhizinate, liquid thyme extract
Producer: JSC "Pharmstandard-Leksredstva" (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2018-22-10
Prices in pharmacies: from 130 rubles.
Codelac Broncho with thyme is a combined drug for the treatment of wet cough, facilitating the discharge of sputum and affecting inflammation in the bronchi.
Release form and composition
Codelac Broncho with thyme is produced in the form of an elixir: liquid from brown to light brown color, during storage, a precipitate may form, which does not affect the properties of the drug (50, 100, 125 and 200 ml each in dark glass bottles; 1 bottle complete with a measuring spoon in a cardboard box).
5 ml of elixir contains:
- active ingredients: ambroxol hydrochloride - 2 mg; sodium glycyrrhizinate (trisodium salt of glycyrrhizic acid) - 6 mg; liquid thyme extract - 100 mg;
- auxiliary components: nipagin (methyl parahydroxybenzoate), nipazole (propyl parahydroxybenzoate), sorbitol (sorbitol), purified water.
Codelac Broncho with thyme is a combined mucolytic and expectorant drug with anti-inflammatory activity. It is used to treat cough.
The pharmacological effectiveness of the elixir is due to the properties of its active ingredients:
- ambroxol: has a secretomotor, secretolytic and expectorant effect, normalizing the ratio of sputum components (serous and mucous), promoting an increase in surfactant secretion in the alveoli; reduces the viscosity of sputum and improves its discharge;
- glycyrrhizinate (glycyrrhizic acid and its salts): has anti-inflammatory and antiviral effects; due to antioxidant and membrane stabilizing activity, it exhibits cytoprotective efficacy; improving the function of endogenous glucocorticosteroids, enhances antiallergic and anti-inflammatory effect. The pronounced anti-inflammatory activity of the substance inhibits inflammatory processes in the respiratory tract;
- thyme herb extract (a mixture of essential oils): has an expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect; has weak reparative and antispasmodic properties.
There is no data.
Indications for use
Elixir Codelac Broncho with thyme is used for the following respiratory diseases, accompanied by the formation of viscous sputum:
- bronchitis (in acute and chronic course);
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
Absolute contraindications for the use of the elixir:
- period of breastfeeding;
- age up to 2 years;
- individual hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
Relative contraindications for which the drug is recommended to be taken with caution:
- bronchial asthma;
- hepatic or renal failure;
- peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.
Instructions for use of Codelac Broncho with thyme: method and dosage
The elixir should be taken orally with a meal with a little water.
- children from 2 to 6 years old: 2.5 ml 3 times a day;
- children from 6 to 12 years old: 5 ml 3 times a day;
- children over 12 years old and adult patients: 10 ml 4 times a day.
The maximum duration of therapy without consulting a doctor should not exceed 5 days.
- digestive system: rarely - dry mouth, diarrhea, constipation; in the case of long-term use of high doses - nausea, vomiting, gastralgia;
- respiratory system: rhinorrhea, dryness of the mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tract;
- others: hypersensitivity reactions; rarely - headache, weakness, exanthema, dysuria.
- nausea and / or vomiting;
For the treatment of the condition, it is recommended to artificially induce vomiting and rinse the stomach in the first 1-2 hours after taking the drug in large quantities.
Do not take Codelac Broncho with thyme in combination with other antitussive drugs.
Information for patients with diabetes mellitus: 5 ml of elixir contains sorbitol in an amount equivalent to 0.18 XE.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
The ability to engage in potentially hazardous activities, including driving vehicles, is not affected by the drug.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
According to the instructions, Codelac Broncho with thyme is contraindicated for use during pregnancy and during breastfeeding (lactation).
It is contraindicated to use the elixir for the treatment of children under 2 years of age.
With impaired renal function
Caution is required to take Codelac Broncho with thyme in case of severe renal impairment.
For violations of liver function
Caution should be taken when taking Codelac Broncho with thyme for severe liver dysfunction.
When the elixir is used together with other antitussives, it may be difficult to discharge sputum.
Analogues of Codelac Broncho with thyme are Bronchipret, Thermopsol (cough tablets), Lazolvan, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews of Codelac Broncho with thyme
Reviews of Codelac Broncho with thyme are mostly positive. Patients rate the taste of the elixir as pleasant and emphasize its effectiveness in the treatment of cough and bronchitis. The convenience of having a measuring spoon and economical consumption are noted, as well as the fact that the elixir can be purchased without a prescription. The negative side effects associated with taking the drug are hardly mentioned. The price is most often called low. Patients who took the elixir occasionally claim that the drug did not help to cope with the cough.
Price for Codelac Broncho with thyme in pharmacies
The price of Codelac Broncho with thyme is about 205 rubles. per bottle 200 ml.
Codelac Broncho with thyme: prices in online pharmacies
Codelac Broncho with thyme elixir 100 ml 1 pc.
Codelac Broncho with thyme elixir 100ml
Codelac Broncho with thyme elixir 200 ml 1 pc.
Codelac Broncho with thyme elixir fl. 200ml
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!
Instructions for use Azitrox suspension and capsules. Information on dosing for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Nicotine patch is an effective remedy for weaning from nicotine addiction
Thyme (thyme) - calorie content is 101 kcal per 100 g. Proteins - 5.56 g, fats - 1.68 g, carbohydrates - 24.45 g
Instructions for use of Stopdiar in the form of a suspension, capsules and tablets. Information on doses for children, contraindications, reviews, analogues and the price of the drug in pharmacies
Dried thyme (thyme) - calorie content is 276 kcal per 100 g. Proteins - 9.11 g, fats - 7.43 g, carbohydrates - 63.94 g