Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use of Mikrolut: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Microlute
- Microlut price in pharmacies
Video: Microlut - Instructions For Use, Reviews, Price, Analogs Of Pills
Microlut: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. For violations of liver function
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Microlut
ATX code: G03AC03
Active ingredient: levonorgestrel (Levonorgestrel)
Producer: Shering AG (Germany)
Description and photo update: 2019-26-08
Microlut is a drug with a gestagenic, contraceptive effect.
Release form and composition
The microlut is produced in the form of pills (35 pcs. In blisters, 1 blister in a cardboard box).
The active substance is levonorgestrel, in 1 tablet - 0.03 mg.
Microlut has a contraceptive and gestagenic effect.
The active substance of the drug - levonorgestrel, increases the viscosity of cervical mucus, which prevents the penetration of sperm into the uterine cavity.
Other properties of the substance:
- inhibition of the secretion of gonadotropic hormones by the pituitary gland, due to which inhibition of ovulation is observed;
- blocking the release of releasing factors (follicle-stimulating and luteinizing) of the hypothalamus;
- decrease in the volume of menstrual bleeding;
- prevention of endometrial proliferation;
- elimination of pre- and menstrual pain.
After oral administration, levonorgestrel is rapidly and completely absorbed from the lumen of the digestive tract.
The metabolic process occurs partially (during the first passage through the liver). Levonorgestrel binds well to proteins. As a result of biotransformation, the formation of glucuronide and sulfate conjugates occurs, which are excreted in the urine and through the intestines.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Microlut is prescribed to prevent unwanted pregnancy, incl. as an additional drug in women who use non-hormonal contraceptive methods, as well as with poor tolerance or contraindications to the use of gestagen-estrogenic drugs.
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown origin;
- Thromboembolic processes and liver tumors (including indications in anamnesis);
- Severe functional disorders of the liver;
- Hormone-dependent endometrial or breast cancer;
- Diabetes mellitus with vascular complications;
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Instructions for use of Mikrolut: method and dosage
Dragee Microlut is taken orally, preferably at the same time of the day, with a small amount of liquid. Dragee should not be chewed.
The drug is taken every day in a daily dose of 1 tablet. The therapy should be started from the first day of the menstrual cycle, choosing the corresponding day of the week from the calendar package.
The microlute is taken continuously (after the end of one package, the intake is continued from a new one).
In rare cases, during the use of Microlut, side effects may develop, manifested in the form of depressive conditions, engorgement of the mammary glands, dizziness, headache, menstrual irregularities (amenorrhea, frequent and / or irregular bleeding), nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, skin lesions (including hirsutism and acne), changes in libido and body weight, allergic reactions, deterioration of the tolerance of contact lenses, changes in vaginal secretion.
The main symptoms: increased side reactions.
If during the intake of Mikrolut the expected menstruation did not occur, pregnancy must be excluded.
With persistent and prolonged intermenstrual bloody discharge, an additional examination should be carried out to clarify the diagnosis.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Microlut is not prescribed during pregnancy.
For violations of liver function
The appointment of Mikrolut is contraindicated in patients with severe hepatic dysfunction and liver tumors (including a burdened history).
The effectiveness of Microlut decreases when combined with rifampicin, barbiturates, griseofulvin, tetracycline, ampicillin, phenytoin, primidone.
The analogues of Mikrolut are Gravistat, Levonova, Mirena, Belara, Diane-35, Zhanin, Mikroginon, Klayra, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children under normal conditions.
The shelf life is 5 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Microlute
According to reviews, Microlut is a safe and effective drug. Its main advantages include the possibility of using it during lactation, as well as the fact that there is no weight gain while taking the drug.
Microlut price in pharmacies
The price of Microlut is unknown, since the drug is not available in the pharmacy chain.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!