Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for using Metaprot: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Metaprote
- Price for Metaprot in pharmacies
Video: Metaprot - Instructions For The Use Of Capsules, Analogues, Price, Reviews
Metaprot: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. For violations of liver function
- 12. Drug interactions
- 13. Analogs
- 14. Terms and conditions of storage
- 15. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 16. Reviews
- 17. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Metaprote
ATX code: A13A
Active ingredient: Ethylthiobenzimidazole (Ethylthiobenzymidazol)
Manufacturer: Pharmproject CJSC (Russia)
Description and photo update: 2018-24-10
Metaprot is a general tonic drug with nootropic, adaptogenic, antihypoxic, antiasthenic and antioxidant effects.
Release form and composition
Metaprot dosage form - capsules:
- 50 mg: size no. 3, with a white body and an orange lid;
- 125 mg: size 2, with white body and orange lid;
- 250 mg: size no. 0, with a white body and an orange lid with a slight brownish tinge.
The contents of the capsules are a mixture of granules and powder, white or white with a creamy shade.
Packing of the preparation: 10 capsules in a blister strip, in a cardboard box 2 or 5 packages; 100 pcs. in a polymer can, in a cardboard box 1 can.
The active substance is ethylthiobenzimidazole hydrobromide (in the form of monohydrate), in 1 capsule - 50, 125 or 250 mg.
- excipients: lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, hyprolose, colloidal silicon dioxide;
- capsule composition: gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), iron dye red oxide (E172), iron dye yellow oxide (E172).
Ethylthiobenzimidazole hydrobromide has immunomodulatory, antihypoxic, regenerative, nootropic and antioxidant properties. The mechanism of its action is due to the ability to activate the synthesis of RNA, and then proteins, including enzymatic and related to the immune system. As a result, the synthesis of gluconeogenesis enzymes is activated, ensuring the utilization of lactate (a factor limiting performance), and the resynthesis of carbohydrates (a source of energy under increased stress), thereby increasing physical performance. The synthesis of structural proteins of mitochondria and mitochondrial enzymes is enhanced, as a result of which energy production increases and a high degree of conjugation of oxidation with phosphorylation is maintained.
The anti-ischemic and antihypoxic activity of the drug is explained by the preservation of a high level of ATP synthesis in the presence of oxygen deficiency.
Metaprot enhances the synthesis of antioxidant enzymes and has a pronounced antioxidant effect. Increases endurance during physical exertion and the body's resistance to extreme factors such as stress, hyperthermia, hypoxia, physical and mental overload. It has a pronounced antiasthenic effect, accelerates recovery processes after extreme influences.
After oral administration of ethylthiobenzimidazole, hydrobromide is well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and is actively metabolized in the liver. After a single application in the blood it is detected after 30 minutes, the maximum effect reaches after 1–2 hours and lasts for 4–6 hours. With repeated administration, the effect increases in the first 3-5 days, after which it is maintained at the achieved level. With long-term continuous administration of Metaprot, especially in large doses, the drug may accumulate and its concentration in the blood may increase by the 10-12th day of administration.
Indications for use
- adaptation to the effects of various extreme factors;
- restoration and improvement of working capacity, including in extreme conditions (overheating, hypoxia, heavy physical activity);
- asthenic disorders of various nature (with somatic diseases and neurasthenia, in the pre- and postoperative period with surgical interventions, after intoxication and severe infections);
- encephalitis, meningitis, cognitive disorders, cerebrovascular accidents, traumatic brain injury (as part of complex therapy).
- arterial hypertension;
- cardiac ischemia;
- severe liver dysfunction;
- lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- period of pregnancy and lactation;
- hypersensitivity to the components of Metaprot.
Instructions for using Metaprot: method and dosage
Metaprot should be taken orally after meals.
The initial daily dose is usually 500 mg: 250 mg 2 times a day. If necessary, the daily dose is increased: for patients weighing less than 80 kg - up to 750 mg (500 mg in the morning, 250 mg in the afternoon), for patients weighing more than 80 kg - up to 1000 mg (500 mg twice a day) …
The duration of the course of admission is 5 days. Depending on the severity of the effect and the individual tolerance of therapy, on average 2-3 courses are carried out (less often - 1 or 4-6). Between courses, 2-day breaks should be taken to prevent possible accumulation of the drug.
To improve performance in extreme conditions, Metaprot is recommended to be taken in a dose of 500–750 mg 40–60 minutes before the upcoming exercise. If work continues, another dose of 250 mg can be taken after 6-8 hours. The maximum dose on the first day is 1500 mg, on the following day - 1000 mg.
- from the central nervous system: very often (> 10%) - sleep disturbance, facial flushing, anxiety, headache; very rarely (<0.01%, including isolated cases) - paresthesia, convulsions;
- allergic reactions: often (1-10%) - urticaria, allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis;
- on the part of the digestive system: rarely (0.01-0.1%) - nausea, discomfort in the stomach and liver, vomiting;
- on the part of the cardiovascular system: very rarely - increased blood pressure, tachycardia.
In case of an overdose, night sleep is disturbed, increased excitability appears.
Treatment includes gastric lavage, activated charcoal intake, and symptomatic therapy. You should reduce the dose of Metaprot or cancel it altogether.
Due to the fact that Metaprot can cause sleep disturbance, it should not be taken in the evening.
During the period of therapy, it is recommended to adhere to a diet rich in carbohydrates.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
No information available.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Metaprot is contraindicated in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Metaprot is not used in pediatrics.
For violations of liver function
According to the instructions, Metaprot is contraindicated in severe liver dysfunction.
Ethylthiobenzimidazole hydrobromide enhances the positive effects of potassium and magnesium asparaginate, antihypoxants (including trimetazidine), vitamins (including α-tocopherol), glutamic acid, nootropics (including piracetam), antianginal drugs (nitrates, β-blockers), as well as metabolic drugs (including inosine).
The concentration of ethylthiobenzimidazole hydrobromide can be increased by inhibitors of microsomal liver enzymes CYP2D6, CYP1A2, CYP3A4, CYP2C9 (for example, cimetidine).
Bemitil and Bemaktor are analogues of Metaprot.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store no more than 3 years from the date of production.
Storage conditions: temperature up to 25 ° С, dry, protected from light, place out of reach of children.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Metaprote
Doctors leave only positive reviews about Metaprote. The drug promotes rapid regression of neurological symptoms in the acute period of ischemic stroke, is effective in astheno-neurotic patients after brain injury, radiation sickness, diffuse hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, as well as in ischemic heart disease resistant to therapy with β-blockers and nitrates. Many years of experience with the drug has discovered properties that expand the scope of its use. Metaprot is prescribed in rehabilitation and sports medicine. Taking capsules allows you to increase your efficiency during anaerobic exercise. It is taken by bodybuilders to increase endurance in training.
There are many positive reviews about the drug and from patients who took it with a breakdown, increased drowsiness, heavy physical exertion. They note a surge of strength and energy, increased concentration of attention, increased efficiency.
However, there are also some statements about the lack of effect after the course of taking Metaprot.
Some of the disadvantages of the drug include the occurrence of side effects, the most common of which are insomnia, nasal congestion and swelling of the nasal mucosa.
Price for Metaprot in pharmacies
The price for Metaprot is 305–490 rubles. per pack of 20 capsules of 250 mg.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!