Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Metadoxil: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Metadoxil - Instructions For Use, Indications, Doses, Analogues
Instructions for use:
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Indications for use
- 3. Contraindications
- 4. Method of application and dosage
- 5. Side effects
- 6. Special instructions
- 7. Drug interactions
- 8. Analogs
- 9. Terms and conditions of storage
- 10. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Prices in online pharmacies:
from 1019 rub.
Metadoxil is a drug with hepatoprotective action used in the treatment of alcohol dependence.
Release form and composition
Metadoxil is available in two dosage forms:
- Solution for injection: transparent, with a slight yellowish tinge or colorless (in dark glass ampoules of 5 ml, 5 ampoules in plastic pallets, 2 pallets in a cardboard box, or 10 ampoules in plastic pallets, 1 pallet in a cardboard box);
- Tablets: round, biconvex, almost white or white, on one side - risk, on the other - engraving the name of the drug (10 pcs. In blisters, 1 or 3 blisters in a cardboard box).
The composition of 1 ml of injection solution includes:
- Active substance: metadoxine (pyridoxine L-2 pyrrolidone 5-carboxylate) - 60 mg;
- Auxiliary components: sodium metabisulfite, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium edetate, water for injection.
The composition of 1 tablet includes:
- Active ingredient: metadoxine (pyridoxine L-2 pyrrolidone 5-carboxylate) - 500 mg;
- Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate.
Indications for use
- Chronic alcoholism;
- Acute alcohol intoxication;
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome;
- Liver disease, especially alcoholic etiology (along with other drugs).
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Metadoxil should be used with caution in patients with Parkinson's disease while using levodopa (due to a decrease in its effectiveness).
Method of administration and dosage
The dosage regimen of Metadoxil is determined by the indications:
- Acute alcohol intoxication (depending on its severity): 5-10 ml (300-600 mg) intramuscularly or 5-15 ml (300-900 mg) intravenously (for intravenous use, a single dose is administered by drip for 90 minutes after dilution in 500 ml of 5% glucose (dextrose) solution or isotonic sodium chloride solution);
- Liver disease and chronic alcoholism (along with other drugs): 2 times a day, 1 tablet (preferably 15-30 minutes before meals); if necessary, the frequency of taking the drug is increased up to 3 times a day. The duration of therapy is at least 90 days;
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome: once a day, 15 ml (900 mg) intravenously as an infusion; depending on the patient's condition, the duration of treatment is 3-7 days.
During therapy, side effects may develop, expressed in the form of allergic reactions.
In patients with bronchial asthma, when using an injection solution, bronchospasm may develop.
The composition of the injection solution includes sodium metabisulfite, which is why patients predisposed to asthmatic attacks may experience an increase in asthma attacks or the development of allergic reactions.
With the simultaneous use of Metadoxil with levodopa, the effectiveness of the latter decreases.
Analogues of Metadoxil are: Adepress, Antabus, Atarax, Baklosan, Hydroxyzin, Biotredin, Vivitrol, Demanol, Gammalon, Diazepam, Cocarboxylase, Zorex, Kolme, Lidevin, Xanax, Limontar, Mebikar, Lucetam, Mebixot, Noicotobril Orvagil, Sibazon, Tazepam, Sonapax, Teturam, Topral, Floxet, Tiaprid, Unitiol, Elenium.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark place, out of reach of children, at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
The shelf life is 5 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Metadoxil: prices in online pharmacies
Metadoxil 300 mg / 5 ml solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration 5 ml 10 pcs.
Metadoxil solution for intravenous and intramuscular injection. 300mg / 5ml 5ml 10 pcs.
Metadoxil 500 mg tablets 30 pcs.
Metadoxil 500mg tablets 30 pcs.
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!