Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Melbek: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Melbek - Instructions For Use, Indications, Doses, Analogues
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:01
Instructions for use:
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Indications for use
- 3. Contraindications
- 4. Method of application and dosage
- 5. Side effects
- 6. Special instructions
- 7. Drug interactions
- 8. Analogs
- 9. Terms and conditions of storage
- 10. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Prices in online pharmacies:
from 221 rub.
Melbek is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used for the symptomatic treatment of degenerative and inflammatory diseases of the joints, which are accompanied by pain.
Release form and composition
Melbek is available in two dosage forms:
- Solution for intramuscular injection: greenish-yellow, transparent (1.5 ml in ampoules, 3 ampoules in pallets, 1 pallet in a cardboard box);
- Tablets: light yellow, round, with a line on one side (5, 10, 30 pcs. In blisters, 1-3 packs in a cardboard box).
The composition of 1 ampoule (1.5 ml) of injection solution includes:
- Active ingredient: meloxicam - 15 mg;
- Auxiliary components: 1 M sodium hydroxide solution or 1 M hydrochloric acid solution, glycine, meglumine, poloxamer 188, glycofurol, sodium chloride, water for injection.
The composition of 1 tablet includes:
- Active ingredient: meloxicam - 7.5 mg;
- Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, sodium citrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, lactose, magnesium stearate, povidone-KZO.
Indications for use
Melbek is prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis), ankylosing spondylitis, and other inflammatory and degenerative joint diseases with pain.
- Decompensated heart failure;
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis);
- Bleeding (including cerebrovascular);
- Severe liver failure or active liver disease;
- Severe renal failure in patients not undergoing dialysis (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml per minute), progressive kidney disease, incl. confirmed hyperkalemia;
- The period after coronary artery bypass grafting;
- Combination (partial or complete) of bronchial asthma, recurrent polyposis of the nose and paranasal sinuses with intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (including indications in history);
- Erosive and ulcerative changes in the mucous membrane of the stomach or duodenum, active gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Rare hereditary diseases: lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption (for tablets);
- Intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid and pyrazolone drugs (for tablets);
- Breastfeeding (lactation period);
- Age up to 18 years (for injection solution); up to 15 years (for tablets);
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Relative (Melbek must be used with caution in the following diseases / conditions):
- Diseases of the brain caused by pathological changes in the cerebral vessels, accompanied by impaired cerebral circulation (cerebrovascular disease);
- Cardiac ischemia;
- Hyperlipidemia and / or dyslipidemia;
- Peripheral artery disease;
- Chronic heart failure;
- Somatic diseases (in severe cases);
- Creatinine clearance 30-60 ml per minute;
- History of ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Helicobacter pylori infection (Helicobacter pylori);
- Frequent consumption of alcoholic beverages, smoking;
- Long-term therapy with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Simultaneous use with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, antiplatelet agents, oral glucocorticosteroids, anticoagulants;
- Elderly age.
To reduce the risk of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, the lowest effective dose should be used in the lowest possible courses.
Method of administration and dosage
Solution for intramuscular injection:
The drug should be administered by deep intramuscular injection (intravenous injection of the solution is contraindicated).
Melbek in the form of an injection solution should be used only during the first 2-3 days of therapy, after which it should be taken orally. The daily dose is determined by the severity of the inflammatory process and the intensity of pain and can be 7.5 or 15 mg, the frequency of use is 1 time per day.
It is impossible to mix the solution with other drugs in one syringe.
Melbek tablets are taken orally, preferably with meals.
The drug is usually prescribed in the following daily doses (in 1 dose):
- Ankylosing spondylitis - 15 mg;
- Rheumatoid arthritis - 15 mg (with improvement, the dose can be reduced by 2 times);
- Osteoarthritis - 7.5 mg (in case of insufficient effect, the dose can be increased to 15 mg).
The maximum daily dose of Melbek (tablets or injection solution) is 15 mg. In the presence of an increased risk of side effects, as well as in patients on hemodialysis with severe renal failure, the drug should not be used in a daily dose of more than 7.5 mg.
The total dose of Melbek, used in the form of tablets and injection solution, should not exceed 15 mg per day.
- Nervous system: often - headache, dizziness; infrequently - drowsiness, tinnitus, vertigo; rarely - nightmares, disorientation, emotional lability, confusion;
- Cardiovascular system: often - peripheral edema; infrequently - palpitations, increased blood pressure, "flushes" of blood to the skin of the face;
- Digestive system: often - dyspepsia (including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, constipation, flatulence); infrequently - gastroduodenal ulcer, belching, hyperbilirubinemia, transient increase in the activity of hepatic transaminases, esophagitis, stomatitis, bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract (including latent); rarely - hepatitis, perforation of the gastrointestinal tract, colitis, gastritis;
- Urinary system: infrequently - hyperkalemia, hypercreatininemia and / or an increase in serum urea; very rarely - acute renal failure; the connection with the therapy has not been established - interstitial nephritis, albuminuria, hematuria;
- Respiratory system: rarely - acute development of bronchial asthma, bronchospasm;
- Hematopoietic organs: infrequently - anemia; rarely - a change in the blood count (including thrombocytopenia, leukopenia);
- Sense organs: infrequently - vertigo; rarely - visual impairment (including blurred vision, conjunctivitis), tinnitus;
- Skin: infrequently - itching, angioedema, skin rash; rarely - urticaria, toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome; very rarely - bullous rash, erythema multiforme;
- Allergic reactions: infrequently - anaphylactic / anaphylactoid reactions;
- Local reactions (when using an injection solution): burning and pain at the injection site.
Care should be taken when carrying out therapy in patients with a history of indications of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, as well as in patients using anticoagulants (due to the increased risk of erosive and ulcerative diseases of the gastrointestinal tract).
Correction of the dosage regimen for renal failure with creatinine clearance greater than 30 ml per minute is not required.
When Melbek is used together with diuretics, a sufficient amount of liquid should be taken.
In case of allergic reactions, manifested in the form of skin rash, itching, photosensitivity or urticaria, treatment should be discontinued.
It should be borne in mind that Melbek can mask the symptoms of infectious diseases. Also, the drug affects fertility, and therefore it is not recommended for women who are planning a pregnancy.
During therapy, undesirable effects such as dizziness, headache and drowsiness may develop, therefore, during this period, it is recommended to refuse to drive vehicles and perform work that requires patients to have an increased concentration of attention.
When Melbek is used together with some drugs, the following effects may develop:
- Other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (including acetylsalicylic acid): increased risk of gastrointestinal bleeding and erosive ulcerative lesions;
- Antihypertensive drugs: decrease in their effectiveness;
- Thrombolytic drugs, anticoagulants: an increase in the risk of bleeding (it is required to periodically monitor blood clotting indicators);
- Methotrexate: increased risk of anemia and leukopenia due to increased side effects on the hematopoietic system (it is required to periodically monitor a complete blood count);
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: increased risk of gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Intrauterine contraceptives: decrease in their effectiveness;
- Lithium preparations: accumulation of lithium and an increase in its toxic effects (in case of joint administration, it is recommended to control the concentration of lithium in the blood);
- Cyclosporine and diuretics: increased risk of renal failure;
- Cholestyramine: enhancing its excretion from the gastrointestinal tract.
Melbek's analogs are: Artrosan, Ksefokam, Piroxicam, Vero-Piroxicam, Texamen, Piroxifer, Tenoctil, Meloxicam, Meloxicam-Teva, Amelotex, B-ksikam, Melox, Meloflam, Mesipol, Movasin, Movalis, Oxycamox, Liberum.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place out of reach of children at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life is 4 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Melbek: prices in online pharmacies
Melbek tablets 7,5mg 10 pcs.
Melbek 7.5 mg tablets 10 pcs.
Melbek 7.5 mg tablets 30 pcs.
Melbek 15 mg / 1.5 ml solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration 1.5 ml 3 pcs.
Melbek tablets 7,5mg 30 pcs.
Melbek forte 15 mg tablets 10 pcs.
Melbek Forte tablets 15mg 10 pcs.
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!