Table of contents:
- Bleeding gums - causes and treatment
- The most common causes of bleeding gums
- What to do?
- Treatment of bleeding gums
Video: Bleeding Gums - Causes And Treatment
2023 Author: Rachel Wainwright | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 01:36
Bleeding gums - causes and treatment
Bleeding gums have suffered at all times, and each generation had its own methods of dealing with this problem. For example, our great-grandmothers and great-grandfathers treated bleeding gums using folk methods. Of course, not all of them were effective.
Fortunately, in modern times, science in all areas, including dentistry, has made a big step forward. This also applies to the diagnosis and treatment of bleeding gums. Now, to find out the reason, a person just needs to go to a professional dentist.
Probably everyone is faced with bleeding gums. The problem can be attributed to various reasons.
The most common causes of bleeding gums
What are the causes of bleeding gums? If your gums start bleeding, it is very important to find the right cause:
- Toothbrush. Pay attention to your toothbrush. How long have you changed it? Is she too tough? After all, it is very easy to injure the gums, just one awkward movement or pressure is enough.
- Toothpaste. Maybe the toothpaste you are using contains too aggressive ingredients. Thanks to advertising - the engine of progress - many of us began to use whitening pastes, completely unaware that they contain substances that injure gums and tooth enamel.
- Oral hygiene. This is also quite an important point. Are you brushing your teeth correctly? And how long does this procedure take you? Do you use mouthwash, floss, or rinse your mouth after every meal? It is important to know that not only does oral health depend on adherence to these rules, but also your entire body.
- Unbalanced diet. People who are accustomed to eating predominantly carbohydrate foods are more likely to suffer from bleeding gums. This is due to the fact that with such a diet, an insufficient amount of vitamins A, C and K, as well as such important microelements as calcium and fluoride, enter the body. Thus, vitamin deficiency or vitamin deficiency is another common cause of bleeding gums.
With bleeding gums, it does not hurt to be examined in a hospital, as this phenomenon is often found in a number of dangerous diseases:
- periodontal disease.
In addition, bleeding can be caused by the uncontrolled intake of some antibacterial drugs.
It is important not to hush up the problem, but to see a dentist as early as possible.
What to do?
If you have read the previous section, you must now draw the appropriate conclusions. First, give yourself a few days to fix the situation.
Start brushing your teeth more thoroughly, rinsing your mouth, using dental floss, and at the same time get and start taking a multivitamin complex. Eat a balanced diet. If you smoke, consider giving up this bad habit. In addition to numerous disadvantages, it also aggravates the condition of the oral cavity. Swap out your toothbrush for a soft bristled toothbrush, or buy a gentler toothpaste. Rinse your mouth with water after every meal.
If you are expecting a baby, get a prenatal paste (for example, a pregnapper) from the pharmacy. Bleeding gums are common in pregnant women, as the gums become sensitive and loose.
Massaging the gums can help a lot. To do this, wash your hands well with soap and massage the gums with your fingers in the direction from the jaw to the teeth. This improves the blood supply to the gums. But do not try to massage the gums with a hard toothbrush, this will only aggravate the situation.
Purchase oak bark from the pharmacy and make a tincture. This herb has a strong astringent effect, which allows it to be used successfully in dentistry for rinsing. You can combine oak bark with calendula or chamomile. These herbs have antibacterial properties.
If you have been performing all these actions for a week and the situation has not improved at all, make an urgent appointment with the dentist. Don't experiment anymore. In addition, all the above methods will not help if the bleeding from the gums was severe, your gums are swollen and reddened, and it is difficult for you to eat because of this. In such cases, you need to run to the doctor without delay, you need to make the correct diagnosis and start treatment on time.
Treatment of bleeding gums
If you are afraid of going to the dentist, then overcome your fear. Nobody will scoff at you. Usually, special gels (Cholisal or Metrogyl Denta) are used to treat bleeding gums. They have antibacterial and analgesic effects and quickly improve gum health. You may also be prescribed drugs that enhance the protective functions of the oral mucosa (Imudon).
In a dental clinic, in order to improve the condition of the gums, you will definitely have your teeth cleaned, get rid of tartar, and heal carious areas. After all, only by putting things in order in your mouth, you can cope with any dental problem.
Found a mistake in the text? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
It happens that a person, while brushing his teeth, notices: the foamed paste on the brush has turned pink - usually this is how bleeding from the gums is detected. What to do if gums are bleeding?
Gastrointestinal bleeding is not an independent disease, but a complication of many diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Treatment is carried out by surgical or conservative means
Causes and mechanism of bleeding in menopause, peculiarities of diagnosis and treatment at various stages of the extinction of the hormonal function of the ovaries
If hemorrhoids are bleeding, what to do? It is useful to know the answer to this question for every patient who has this disease
What to do if the gums are swollen depends on the cause of the swelling. To find out and choose a treatment method, you should contact your dentist