Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use Optiva: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Optiv
- Price for Optiv in pharmacies
Video: Optiv - Instructions For The Use Of Eye Drops, Price, Analogues, Reviews
Optiv: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Optiv
ATX code: S01XA20
Active ingredient: glycerol (glycerol), sodium carmellose (carmellose natrium)
Manufacturer: Allergan Sales LLC (USA)
Description and photo update: 2018-21-11
Optiv is a keratoprotective drug.
Release form and composition
Optiv is available in the form of eye drops: colorless transparent liquid (10 ml or 15 ml in a polyethylene dropper bottle, in a cardboard box 1 dropper bottle).
1 ml drops contain:
- active ingredients: glycerol - 9 mg, sodium carmellose (type 7M8SFPH) - 3.25 mg, sodium carmellose (type 7H3SXF 10-15) - 1.75 mg;
- auxiliary components: boric acid, sodium citrate dihydrate, erythritol, sodium borate decahydrate, levocarnitine, calcium chloride dihydrate, potassium chloride, stabilized oxychlorocomplex (chlorine dioxide, sodium chlorate, sodium chlorite), magnesium chloride hexahydrate, purified water.
Eye drops Optiv is a keratoprotector, the action of which is due to the properties of its active components. A solution of sodium carmellose and glycerol has a softening effect on the corneal epithelium, increases the stability of the tear film and hydrates the cornea while reducing the secretion of tear fluid.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Optiv is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of dry eye syndrome.
- age up to 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Drops should be used with caution during gestation and during breastfeeding.
Instructions for use Optiva: method and dosage
Optiv eye drops are used by instillation into the conjunctival sac.
Recommended dosage: 1–2 pcs. in each eye as needed.
Adverse effects on the part of the organ of vision against the background of the use of Optiv eye drops:
- often: discomfort with the introduction, irritation and itching of the eyes, a feeling of dry eye, blurred vision, conjunctival hyperemia, crusting at the edge of the eyelid, eyelid hyperemia;
- frequency not established: increased tearing, pain and / or sensation of a foreign body in the eye, eyelid edema, photophobia, discharge from the eye.
Overdose symptoms have not been established.
Do not use the drug if the contents of the bottle become cloudy, change its color or break the tightness of the package.
In order to maintain the sterility of the solution, do not allow the tip of the pipette to come into contact with the conjunctiva or any other surface. After the procedure, the bottle must be tightly closed with a lid.
After the first opening of the bottle, the drug is suitable for use within 28 days.
A doctor's consultation is required in the event of pain in the eye area, impaired vision, prolonged hyperemia and irritation of the mucous membranes of the eyes, or in the absence of the desired therapeutic effect after three days of using the drops.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
If instillation of eyes causes blurred vision in the patient, then it is necessary to refrain from performing potentially hazardous activities and driving vehicles until clear vision is fully restored.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Due to the lack of results of controlled studies on the effect of the drug on the development of the fetus or infant, it is recommended to use Optiv with caution during gestation and while breastfeeding.
Since the absorption of the drug from the surface of the mucous membrane does not occur, it is believed that the excretion of its components in breast milk is unlikely.
It is contraindicated to use drops under the age of 18, due to the lack of information about their safety and effectiveness when used in pediatric practice.
There is no information about the drug interaction Optiva.
With the simultaneous use of other local ophthalmic agents, they should be administered at least 5 minutes after instillation of the keratoprotector, this will avoid the leaching of the drugs.
Optiv's analogues are: Oftolik, Hilo-Komod, Systain Gel, Systain Balance, Systain Ultra, Oftagel, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children. Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Optiv
Reviews about Optiv are mostly positive. Drops are well tolerated, quickly relieve itching, burning or pain in the eyes with dry eye syndrome. Comparing with similar drugs, patients note a longer period of drug action.
Price for Optiv in pharmacies
The price of Opt for a package containing 1 dropper bottle (10 ml) can range from 527 rubles.
Anna Kozlova Medical journalist About the author
Education: Rostov State Medical University, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!