Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Rinonorm-Teva: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Rinonorm-Teva
- The price of Rinonorm-Teva in pharmacies
- Rinonorm-Teva: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Rinonorm-Teva - Instructions For Using The Spray, Price, Reviews, Analogues
Rinonorm-Teva: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Drug interactions
- 12. Analogs
- 13. Terms and conditions of storage
- 14. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 15. Reviews
- 16. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Rhinonorm-Teva
ATX code: R01AA07
Active ingredient: xylometazoline (xylometazoline)
Producer: Merckle (Germany)
Description and photo updated: 22.11.2018
Prices in pharmacies: from 62 rubles.
Rinonorm-Teva is an alpha-adrenergic agonist, a vasoconstrictor for topical use.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - nasal spray 0.1% and 0.05% (15 mg each in dark glass vials equipped with a dispenser, in a cardboard box, 1 bottle).
Composition of 10 ml spray:
- active substance: xylometazoline hydrochloride - 10 mg or 5 mg;
- auxiliary components: water for injection, sodium citrate dihydrate, citric acid monohydrate, glycerol 85%.
Xylometazoline is an alpha-adrenergic agonist used topically in ENT practice.
The mechanism of its action is due to the ability to cause narrowing of arterioles, as a result of which hyperemia and edema of the nasopharyngeal mucosa, as well as the amount of secreted secretions, decrease.
The clear effect of the drug develops within a few minutes, lasts for 6-8 hours and is manifested by the free patency of the nasal passages, eustachian tubes and sinus openings, resulting in improved well-being of patients, reducing the risk of complications caused by stagnation of mucous secretions.
Indications for use
Symptomatic therapy for the following diseases / conditions:
- acute allergic rhinitis;
- acute bacterial and viral rhinitis;
- acute (exacerbation of chronic) sinusitis;
- preparation of patients for diagnostic procedures in the nasal passages.
Rinonorm-Teva is also used for otitis media to reduce edema of the mucous membrane of the Eustachian tube.
- atrophic rhinitis (inflammation of the skin and nasal mucosa, crust formation);
- the period after hypophysectomy;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- severe atherosclerosis;
- surgical interventions on the meninges (in history);
- arterial hypertension;
- the simultaneous use of tricyclic antidepressants or MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibitors;
- children under 2 years old - for a spray of 0.05%, up to 10 years - for a spray of 0.1%;
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
Instructions for the use of Rinonorm-Teva: method and dosage
Nasal spray 0.05% is prescribed for children 2–10 years old, 1 dose * in each nasal passage up to 3 times a day with intervals between injections of at least 6 hours.
Nasal spray 0.1% is prescribed for children from 10 years old and for adults 1 dose * in each nasal passage up to 3 times a day with intervals between injections of at least 6 hours.
* 1 dose is one press on the plunger of the bottle, it is 0.14 ml of solution.
The duration of treatment should not exceed 7 days.
Before the introduction of the spray, it is recommended to clear the nasal passages of secretions. Immediately during the introduction, you should take a light breath through the nose.
- local reactions: dryness of the nasal mucosa, burning sensation; rarely - irritation of the mucous membrane of the larynx, nasal and oral cavity;
- from the central nervous system: increased excitability, insomnia, headache;
- on the part of the cardiovascular system: increased blood pressure, arrhythmia;
- others: skin reactions, nausea.
Overdose symptoms are rare, mainly in children, usually manifested by increased blood pressure, arrhythmia, and in some cases - loss of consciousness.
In case of overdose, the patient should be under close medical supervision. Symptomatic therapy is required. In severe episodes, alpha-blockers are prescribed to lower blood pressure, intubation and mechanical ventilation may be required. The use of vasoconstrictors is contraindicated.
If you accidentally take a moderate or large amount of the drug inside, it is recommended to take activated charcoal and a laxative (for example, sodium sulfate), if necessary, make a gastric lavage.
Spray Rinonorm-Teva should not be used for a long time, for example, for chronic rhinitis.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Spray Rinonorm-Teva is not recommended to be prescribed during pregnancy; nasal spray should be used with caution during lactation.
Spray 0.05% is contraindicated in children under 2 years old, spray 0.1% - for children under 10 years old.
Tri- and tetracyclic antidepressants, with simultaneous use, can increase the systemic effect of xylometazoline.
With the combined use of MAO inhibitors, an increase in blood pressure is possible.
Analogs of Rinonorm-Teva are: Galazolin, Grippostad RINO, Dlyanos, Doctor Tays Rinotays, Zvezdochka NOZ, Influrin, Xilen, Xylometazoline, Xylometazoline-Betalek, Xylometazolin-SOLOpharm, Xymelin, Eimelin Otto, Ximelin Rinorus, Rinostop, Sanorin-Xylo, SNUP, SOLOxylometazoline, Suprima-NOZ, Tizin, Tizin Xylo, Tizin Xylo Bio, Evkazolin Aqua.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life is 3 years.
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C, protected from light, out of reach of children.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Rinonorm-Teva
According to reviews, Rinonorm-Teva is a fast-acting vasoconstrictor drug. Patients consider its additional advantages to be a child dosage, a convenient bottle equipped with a spray dispenser, and an affordable price.
The disadvantages include an unpleasant odor, a feeling of dryness and discomfort in the nose after instillation. Like all vasoconstrictors, Rinonorm-Teva is addictive with prolonged use.
The price of Rinonorm-Teva in pharmacies
The price of Rinonorm-Teva is on average 70 rubles per 1 bottle of spray 0.05% or 0.1%.
Rinonorm-Teva: prices in online pharmacies
Rinonorm-Teva 0.1% nasal spray dosed 20 ml 1 pc.
Rinonorm-Teva nasal spray. dosage. 0.1% fl. 20ml
Rinonorm-Teva nasal spray. dosage. for children 0.05% fl. 20ml
Rinonorm-Teva 0.05% nasal spray dosed [for children] 15 ml 1 pc.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!