Table of contents:
- Klosterfrau MELISANA
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Klosterfrau MELISANA, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- For violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Klosterfrau MELISANA
- Price for Klosterfrau MELISANA in pharmacies
- Klosterfrau MELISANA: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Klosterfrau MELISANA - Instructions For Using The Elixir, Reviews, Price
Klosterfrau MELISANA: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. For violations of liver function
- 12. Drug interactions
- 13. Analogs
- 14. Terms and conditions of storage
- 15. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 16. Reviews
- 17. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Klosterfrau MELISANA
ATX code: A03
Active ingredient: medicinal ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe), angelica (Angelica archangelica L.), yellow gentian (Gentiana lutea L.), high elecampane (Inula helenium L.), bitter orange (Citrus aurantium L. ssp.aurantium), lemon balm medicinal (Melissa officinalis L.), Ceylon cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum Nees), medicinal apinia (Alpinia officinarum Hance), clove tree (Syzygium aromaticum Merr. Et Perry), black pepper (Piper nigrum L.), nutmeg walnut (Mytristica fragrans.), Chinese cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia Blume), cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum Maton var.minuscula Burkill)
Manufacturer: MKM Klosterfrau Vertriebs, GmbH (Germany); Klosterfrau Berlin, GmbH (Germany)
Description and photo update: 2019-08-07
Prices in pharmacies: from 133 rubles.
Klosterfrau MELISANA is a herbal remedy with a sedative effect.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of an elixir: a slightly yellowish or colorless, transparent liquid with a characteristic odor (47, 95, 155 or 235 ml each in transparent white glass vials closed with a screw-on plastic lid, 1 vial in a cardboard box and instructions for use of Klosterfrau MELISANA).
100 ml of the elixir contains essential oils obtained by the method of water-steam distillation from herbal raw materials of the following medicinal plants:
- rhizomes of medicinal ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe) - 714 mg;
- angelica roots (Angelica archangelica L.) - 714 mg;
- roots of yellow gentian (Gentiana lutea L.) - 714 mg;
- rhizomes of elecampane high (Inula helenium L.) - 714 mg;
- peel of fruit of bitter orange (Citrus aurantium L. ssp.aurantium) - 714 mg;
- Leaves of lemon balm (Melissa officinalis L.) - 536 mg;
- Ceylon cinnamon bark (Cinnamomum zeylanicum Nees) –321 mg;
- rhizomes of apinia officinalis [Alpinia officinarum (L.) Hance] - 285 mg;
- flowers of the clove tree [Syzygium aromaticum (L.) Merr. Et Perry] - 285 mg;
- fruits of black pepper (Piper nigrum L.) - 71 mg;
- nutmeg seeds (Myristica fragrans Houtt.) - 71 mg;
- Chinese cinnamon flowers (Cinnamomum cassia Blume) - 36 mg;
- fruit of cardamom [Elettaria cardamomum (L.) Maton var. minuscula Burkill] –10 mg.
Auxiliary component: ethanol (59% by weight).
When taken orally, Klosterfrau MELISANA has a sedative, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effect.
When used externally, the drug has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and local irritating (distracting) effect.
Data on the pharmacokinetics of the drug are not provided.
Indications for use
Inside Klosterfrau MELISANA is prescribed for the treatment of sleep disorders, increased nervous excitability, dyspeptic disorders of nervous origin (flatulence, a feeling of heaviness in the stomach), as well as as part of the complex therapy of colds.
Outwardly, the drug is used for neuralgia and myalgia.
The absolute contraindications for Klosterfrau MELISANA, regardless of the way the elixir is used, are:
- children and adolescents up to 18 years old;
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
Additional contraindications when taking the solution inside:
- colitis, enteritis, gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer during an exacerbation;
- liver disease;
- brain injuries and diseases;
- the period of pregnancy and lactation.
Additionally for external use: damage to the skin in the area of the intended application of the elixir.
Klosterfrau MELISANA, instructions for use: method and dosage
Inside the elixir Klosterfrau MELISANA should be taken after meals, after diluting the drug with warm water or tea in a ratio of 1 ÷ 2 (1 part of the elixir 2 parts of liquid). If necessary, the resulting solution can be sweetened with sugar or honey.
Recommended dosage regimens:
- sleep disorders: 1-3 teaspoons 1 time per day, before bedtime;
- increased nervous irritability: 1-3 tsp. elixir 3 times a day;
- dyspeptic disorders of nervous origin: 1–3 tsp. up to 3 times a day;
- colds: 3 tsp. 3 times a day, before going to bed - 2-3 tsp. with hot tea or hot water with sugar / honey.
Externally, the Klosterfrau MELISANE elixir should be applied to the painful area and rubbed gently until the elixir is completely absorbed. When used on sensitive skin, it is recommended to dilute the preparation with twice the amount of water.
- ingestion: dyspeptic disorders, heartburn, dizziness, lethargy;
- for external use: skin irritation;
- in both cases: allergic reactions are likely.
With an oral overdose of the drug, the development of effects inherent in alcohol is possible.
Prolonged external use of the elixir undiluted can cause skin damage.
During the appearance of adverse reactions due to an overdose, the patient should consult a doctor who will assess the degree of impairment / damage and prescribe appropriate treatment.
If the next dose is missed, an increased or double dose should not be taken orally. It is recommended to continue using Klosterfrau MELISSAN as usual.
After diluting the elixir with water in a ratio of 1 ÷ 1, the resulting solution contains approximately 18% ethyl alcohol.
The maximum single dose (15 ml) contains 7.9 g of ethyl alcohol. After taking 3 tsp. of the drug, the blood alcohol concentration is approximately 0.1 ‰.
Due to the high concentration of ethanol, the drug is not recommended to be taken on an empty stomach, as this is fraught with the development of nausea, epigastric pain, heartburn, and vomiting.
When using Klosterfrau MELISAN externally, it is important to be careful not to let the solution get into the eyes. If this happens, they urgently need to be rinsed abundantly (about 10 minutes) with water.
In case of increased side effects and / or the appearance of other reactions not listed in the instructions, you should consult a doctor.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
When taken orally, Klosterfrau MELISANA may slow down the reaction rate, therefore it is not recommended to take the drug before and during work.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Inside the drug should not be taken during pregnancy and lactation.
There are no restrictions on the external use of the elixir during these periods of a woman's life.
Klosterfrau MELISANA is contraindicated in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
For violations of liver function
In case of liver diseases, it is forbidden to take the drug inside.
The ethanol contained in the drug can affect concurrently used drugs, increasing their effectiveness (for example, benzodiazepines) or weakening the pharmacological effect.
Ethanol reduces the half-life of warfarin, tolbutamide, phenytoin, meprobamate.
Analogues of Klosterfrau MELISANA are Adonis-Brom, Valdispert, Valerian, Valerian tincture, Karmolis, Melissa tincture, Novo-Passit, Persen, Motherwort tincture, Raunatin, Sedative collection No. 2, Sympathil, Sedoflor, Soothing collection No. 2 and Phytosedan …
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
The shelf life is 5 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Klosterfrau MELISANA
In positive reviews about Klosterfrau MELISANA, the mild sedative effect of the drug, its effectiveness in insomnia, is often noted. Additional benefits include herbal composition, good tolerance, small lists of contraindications and possible side effects, and lack of addiction.
The disadvantages, according to many, are an unpleasant smell and taste, a large amount of ethanol in the composition, a short action, as well as the variability of the recommended doses (from 1 to 3 tsp), which is why the optimal dosage for each must be selected independently by the method of samples and mistakes.
There are reports of the use of Klosterfrau MELISAN externally for neuralgia and myalgia, since the remedy has a good distracting effect. However, according to some patients, it is much cheaper to buy ointments / creams for these purposes.
Price for Klosterfrau MELISANA in pharmacies
Depending on the pharmacy chain, the price of Klosterfrau MELISANA for a 95 ml bottle can be 148–205 rubles.
Klosterfrau MELISANA: prices in online pharmacies
Klosterfrau Melisana Elixir 95 ml 1 pc.
Klosterfrau Melisana Elixir 95ml
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!