Table of contents:
- Kanephron N
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use of Kanefron N: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- Application for violations of liver function
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Kanefron N
- Price for Kanefron N in pharmacies
Video: Kanefron N - Instructions For Use, Reviews, Analogues, Price, Indications
Kanefron N: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Instructions for use H: method and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. Application for violations of liver function
- 12. Drug interactions
- 13. Analogs
- 14. Terms and conditions of storage
- 15. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 16. Reviews
- 17. Price of H in pharmacies
Latin name: Canephron N
ATX code: G04BX50
Active ingredient: Herb centaury (Centaurium erythraea), Lovage roots (Radix Levistici), Rosemary leaves (Folia Rosmarini)
Manufacturer: Bionorica SE, Germany
Description and photo update: 2019-07-08
Kanephron N is a herbal preparation used in the treatment of diseases of the urinary tract and kidneys.
Release form and composition
- Dragee: orange, biconvex, round, with a smooth surface (20 pieces in blisters, 3 or 6 packages in a cardboard box);
- Oral solution: yellowish brown, slightly cloudy or transparent, with a fragrant odor; during storage, a small precipitate may fall out (50 or 100 ml in vials with a dropping dosing device, 1 vial in a cardboard box).
The composition of 1 tablet contains active substances (in the form of crushed medicinal plant materials):
- Centaury (herb) - 18 mg;
- Lovage officinalis (roots) - 18 mg;
- Rosemary (leaves) 18 mg
Auxiliary components: corn starch - 15 mg, povidone - 9 mg, lactose monohydrate - 45 mg, colloidal silicon dioxide - 5.5 mg.
Shell composition: iron oxide red - 0.049 mg, riboflavin E 101 - 0.243 mg, calcium carbonate - 17.222 mg, dextrose - 0.972 mg, corn starch - 2.5 mg, modified corn starch - 2.14 mg, glycolic mountain wax - 0.075 mg, povidone - 0.103 mg, castor oil - 0.025 mg, sucrose - 57.182 mg, shellac - 0.615 mg, talc - 43.541 mg, titanium dioxide - 0.333 mg.
The composition of a 100 mg solution for oral administration includes active substances (in the form of an aqueous-alcoholic extract from medicinal plants - 29 mg):
- Centaury (herb) - 0.6 mg;
- Medicinal lovage (roots) - 0.6 mg;
- Rosemary (leaves) 0.6 mg
Auxiliary component: purified water - 71 mg.
Kanephron N has an antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effect and is intended for the treatment of urological diseases.
The preparation contains a unique combination of medicinal herbs, which has the following effects on the body:
- normalizes the process of urination;
- eliminates urinary tract spasm;
- reduces the intensity of inflammation;
- produces a pronounced diuretic effect;
- increases the effectiveness of antibiotic therapy;
- reduces the risk of developing repeated exacerbations of chronic cystitis;
- reduces protein excretion in patients with proteinuria;
- has a pronounced antiseptic effect.
Kanephron N is used as part of the complex therapy of cystitis and promotes the disappearance of cuts during urination and a decrease in the severity of painful sensations in the bladder.
The drug is well tolerated and therefore can be used in combination with antibacterial drugs (even with prolonged therapy).
Kanephron N is highly effective in the treatment of patients with chronic inflammatory diseases who need constant anti-relapse or supportive therapy.
The results of numerous studies show that when using the drug, the number of repeated exacerbations of chronic inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract decreases, and the functional state of the urinary tract is significantly improved.
Pharmacokinetic characteristics of the drug are unknown.
Indications for use
Kanefron N is prescribed simultaneously with other drugs in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Chronic infections of the kidneys (pyelonephritis) and bladder (cystitis);
- Non-infectious chronic inflammation of the kidneys (interstitial nephritis, glomerulonephritis).
Also, the drug is used as a means of preventing the formation of urinary stones (including conditions after the removal of urinary stones).
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum in the acute stage;
- Age up to 1 year (oral solution) or 6 years (pills);
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
Additional contraindications are:
- Dragee: lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption, lactose intolerance, fructose intolerance, sucrase / isomaltase deficiency;
- Oral solution: alcoholism (including after anti-alcohol therapy).
Due to the ethanol content, Canephron N in the form of an oral solution should be taken with caution by patients with liver diseases, traumatic brain injuries, brain diseases, as well as children (treatment is possible only after consulting a doctor).
For malignant and pregnant women, Canephron N in any dosage form can be taken in strict accordance with the recommendations for use only as directed by a doctor and after assessing the benefit / risk ratio.
Instructions for use of Kanefron N: method and dosage
Kanefron N is taken orally, pills - do not chew and wash down with water, solution for oral administration - washed down with water or diluted with a little water (to soften the bitter taste for children, the drug can be diluted with other liquids). The solution should be shaken before taking.
As a rule, the drug is prescribed in a single dose:
- Adults: 2 tablets or 50 drops of solution;
- School-age children: 1 tablet or 25 drops of solution;
- Preschool children (from 1 year old): 15 drops of solution.
Frequency rate of admission - 3 times a day.
After weakening the symptoms of the disease, therapy should be continued for 14-28 days.
During treatment, it is recommended to drink more fluids.
During the period of therapy, the following side effects may occur:
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (in the form of vomiting, nausea, diarrhea);
- Allergic reactions (if symptoms of an allergic reaction develop, the drug should be discontinued).
There is no information on overdose cases.
In case of edema associated with impaired renal or cardiac function, drinking large amounts of fluids is contraindicated.
In case of functional disorders of the kidneys, Canephron N should not be prescribed as monotherapy. With the inflammatory nature of kidney disease, you need to consult a doctor for advice.
If you have pain when urinating, blood in the urine, or with acute urinary retention, you should immediately consult a doctor.
The digestible carbohydrates contained in 1 tablet are less than 0.04 "bread units" (XE).
When storing the solution for oral administration, a slight precipitate may fall out or a slight turbidity may appear, which does not affect the effectiveness of the drug.
The content of ethyl alcohol in solution for oral administration in volume ratio is 16-19.5%. During the period of taking this dosage form of Kanefron N, care must be taken when driving vehicles and when performing other potentially hazardous activities that require a high concentration of attention and quick psychomotor reactions.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The drug contains herbal ingredients, therefore, Kanephron N is often prescribed during pregnancy to treat cystitis, pyelo- and glomerulonephritis and other diseases of the urinary system.
According to the instructions, Kanefron N reduces the intensity of pain in the lower back and improves the overall health of a pregnant woman. Also, the drug helps to reduce swelling and is successfully used to prevent gestosis and exacerbation of various renal pathologies during the period of bearing a child.
In addition, during pregnancy, the agent is prescribed in the following cases:
- prevention and treatment of infectious and non-infectious diseases of the urinary tract (cystitis, interstitial nephritis, glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis);
- improvement of the functional state of the bladder and kidneys;
- prevention of kidney stones;
- reduction of protein loss in urine.
Often during pregnancy, it is recommended to take 150 drops or 6 pills per day (divided into 3 doses). In some cases, the dose may be reduced to 1 tablet or 25-50 drops 2 times a day.
When using the drug, it must be remembered that lovage and rosemary included in its composition can increase the tone of the uterus, therefore, Canephron N can be taken only in strict accordance with the scheme presented by the doctor.
The drug is allowed for use during lactation.
The drug in the form of drops can be used in the treatment of children, including infants under one year old (in this case, the daily dose is 10 drops 3 times a day). Canephron N in the form of tablets can be used from 6 years old.
The medicinal plants that are part of Kanefron N are well tolerated by children, and the concentration of alcohol in the solution is very small and does not harm the child's body.
The drug can be used for a long time (including in combination with any other drugs).
The only possible side effects are the development of allergic reactions associated with individual intolerance to any components of the drug.
Application for violations of liver function
In case of liver diseases, the agent should be taken with caution (only after consulting a doctor).
The combination of Kanefron N in any dosage form with antibacterial drugs is possible and advisable.
At the moment, interactions with other drugs are unknown.
Analogues of Kanefron N are: Afala, Bioprost, Vitaprost, Vitaprost Plus, Ichthyol, Lespeflan, Lespefril, Prostanorm, Prostatilen, Renelle, Rovatinex, Samprost, Solidago compositum S, Speman, Superlimph, Tentex Forte, Testis compositum, Uropolrost, Fitol Urotravin Flaronin, Himkolin, Cyston, Priligy, Urological collection.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place out of reach of children at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
The shelf life is 3 years.
After opening the bottle, the solution can be taken within 6 months.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Kanefron N
Reviews of Kanephron N from patients are predominantly positive. The list of the main advantages of the drug includes the following:
- natural composition;
- no side effects;
- the possibility of receiving for a long time;
- efficacy and safety during pregnancy and in the treatment of young children.
The doctors' comments indicate that the effectiveness of the drug largely depends on the correct selection of the treatment regimen.
Price for Kanefron N in pharmacies
The price of Kanefron N ranges from 397 to 420 rubles per pack of 60 pills and from 365 to 430 rubles per bottle of 100 ml of oral solution.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!