Table of contents:
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Instructions for the use of Otsillococcinum: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Oscillococcinum
- Price for Oscillococcinum in pharmacies
- Oscillococcinum: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Oscillococcinum - Instructions, Use During Pregnancy, Price, Reviews
Oscillococcinum: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Drug interactions
- 11. Analogs
- 12. Terms and conditions of storage
- 13. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 14. Reviews
- 15. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Oscillococcinum
ATX code: V03AX
Active ingredient: extract of the liver and heart of the Barbary duck (anas barbariaelium, hepatic et cordis extractum)
Manufacturer: "Laboratory Boiron" (France)
Description and photo update: 01.12.2017
Prices in pharmacies: from 346 rubles.
Oscillococcinum is a homeopathic medicine used to treat colds and flu.
Release form and composition
Dosage form of release - homeopathic granules: white, easily soluble in water, almost spherical, odorless (1 g (1 dose) in tubes of white polypropylene with a polyethylene stopper, 3 tubes in blisters made of transparent polyvinyl chloride hot-melt adhesive film, 1 each, 2 or 4 blisters in a cardboard box with a "tongue" glued on the sides).
The composition of 1 g (1 dose) includes:
- Active substance: Anas barbariaelium, hepatic et cordis extractum - 0.01 ml (200K - dilution according to Korsakov);
- Additional components: lactose, sucrose.
Oscillococcinum is used in epidemics of viral infections and stimulates the body's nonspecific resistance to their pathogens. Designed for the treatment and prevention of viral diseases, including the influenza virus.
The pharmacodynamics of this homeopathic preparation has not been sufficiently studied.
Information on the pharmacokinetic parameters of Oscillococcinum is currently not provided by the manufacturer.
Indications for use
- Mild to moderate flu;
- Acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI).
- Lactose intolerance, glucose / galactose malabsorption, lactase deficiency;
- Hypersensitivity to granule components.
Oscillococcinum should be used with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
Instructions for the use of Otsillococcinum: method and dosage
According to the instructions, Oscillococcinum is taken sublingually, observing the interval with meals (15 minutes before or 60 minutes after meals).
For adults, a single dose of the drug should be placed under the tongue (until completely dissolved), for children, the granules can be dissolved in water (in a small volume) and given using a spoon or a bottle with a nipple.
The dosage regimen is determined by the indications:
- The initial stage of the disease: 1 dose as early as possible from the onset of the disease, if necessary, it is possible to take the drug again 2-3 times with a break of 6 hours;
- Severe stage of the disease: 2 times a day (morning and evening), 1 dose for a course of 1-3 days;
- Prevention (during the spread of ARVI): 1 time in 7 days, 1 dose.
There is no information about the likely side effects while taking Oscillococcinum. In case of development of violations, you need to consult a specialist.
Overdose reports are almost never encountered.
If the symptoms of the disease increase over 24 hours, you should consult a specialist.
The earlier therapy is started, the more effective the drug is.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
Taking the drug does not affect the ability to drive vehicles and perform complex work that requires increased concentration of attention and quick psychomotor reactions.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During lactation and pregnancy, Oscillococcinum is used exclusively as directed by a doctor.
Oscillococcinum therapy can be carried out in combination with other drugs.
There is no information about Otsillococcinum analogues.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place out of reach of children at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
The shelf life is 5 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
Reviews about Oscillococcinum
According to reviews, Oscillococcinum is especially effective when used in children, significantly reducing the incidence of ARVI in patients of this age category. Some breastfeeding mothers claim that the drug helped them improve their condition within the first day after the onset of a viral infection. Adverse reactions are mostly absent.
Price for Oscillococcinum in pharmacies
The approximate price for Otsillococcinum is about 339‒456 rubles (the package includes 6 granules), 700‒865 rubles (the package includes 12 granules) or 1420‒1655 rubles (the package includes 30 granules).
Oscillococcinum: prices in online pharmacies
Oscillococcinum granules homeopathic 1 g 6 pcs.
Oscillococcinum granules homeopath. 1g 6 pcs.
Oscillococcinum granules homeopathic 1 g 12 pcs.
Oscillococcinum granules homeopath. 1g 12 pcs.
Oscillococcinum granules homeopathic 1 g 30 pcs.
Oscillococcinum granules homeopath. 1g 30 pcs.
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!