Table of contents:
- Rimantadine Kids
- Release form and composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Indications for use
- Rimantadin Kids, instructions for use: method and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Application during pregnancy and lactation
- Pediatric use
- With impaired renal function
- For violations of liver function
- Use in the elderly
- Drug interactions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- Reviews about Rimantadine Kids
- The price of Rimantadin Kids in pharmacies
- Rimantadine Kids: prices in online pharmacies
Video: Rimantadin Kids - Instructions For The Use Of Syrup For Children, Reviews
Rimantadin Kids: instructions for use and reviews
- 1. Release form and composition
- 2. Pharmacological properties
- 3. Indications for use
- 4. Contraindications
- 5. Method of application and dosage
- 6. Side effects
- 7. Overdose
- 8. Special instructions
- 9. Application during pregnancy and lactation
- 10. Use in childhood
- 11. In case of impaired renal function
- 12. For violations of liver function
- 13. Use in the elderly
- 14. Drug interactions
- 15. Analogs
- 16. Terms and conditions of storage
- 17. Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
- 18. Reviews
- 19. Price in pharmacies
Latin name: Rimantadine Kids
ATX code: J05AC02
Active ingredient: rimantadine (Rimantadine)
Producer: JSC "Pharmstandard-Leksredstva" (Russia)
Description and photo updated: 2019-11-12
Prices in pharmacies: from 150 rubles.
Rimantadine Kids is an antiviral agent.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of a syrup for children: a colorless transparent thick liquid with a pleasant fruity odor (100 or 200 ml each in a dark glass bottle, sealed with a polypropylene lid with a first opening control and protection against opening by children; in a cardboard box 1 bottle with a measuring spoon and instructions for the use of Rimantadine Kids).
1 ml of syrup for children contains:
- active substance: rimantadine hydrochloride - 2 mg;
- additional components: sodium carmellose, sorbitol (liquid sorbitol), methyl parahydroxybenzoate, maltitol (liquid maltitol), purified water, strawberry flavor.
Rimantadine is an adamantane derivative, an antiviral agent that is active against various strains of influenza A. The substance is a weak base and acts as a result of an increase in the pH of endosomes, including the membrane of vacuoles, which surround the viral particles after they enter the cell. Avoiding acidification in these vacuoles prevents the fusion of the virus envelope with the endosome membrane and thus blocks the transfer of viral genetic material into the cytoplasm of the cell. The drug also suppresses the release of viral particles from the cell, i.e., it interrupts the transcription of the viral genome.
After oral administration, the active substance is completely absorbed in the intestine. Absorption is rather slow, it binds to plasma proteins by about 40%. In adults, the volume of distribution of the drug is 17-25 l / kg, in children - 289 l / kg. The content of the drug in the nasal secretion is 50% higher than that in the plasma. The value of the maximum concentration (C max) of the substance in the blood plasma when taken at a dose of 100 mg once a day is 181 ng / ml, and when used in the same dose 2 times a day - 416 ng / ml.
The process of biotransformation of rimantadine occurs in the liver, the half-life (T 1/2) is 24-36 hours. Excreted by the kidneys: unchanged - 15%, in the form of hydroxyl metabolites - 20%.
Indications for use
Rimantadine Kids is recommended for the prevention and early treatment of influenza A in children over 1 year of age.
The use of the drug for prophylaxis can be effective in contact with sick family members, against the background of the spread of infection in closed groups and a high risk of developing the disease during an influenza epidemic.
- acute and chronic kidney disease;
- acute liver damage;
- age up to 1 year;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- deficiency of sucrase / isomaltase;
- intolerance to fructose;
- hypersensitivity to any component of the antiviral drug.
Relative (it is recommended to use Rimantadin Kids syrup with caution):
- epilepsy (including history data);
- liver dysfunction;
- severe stage of chronic renal failure (chronic renal failure);
- pain and discomfort in the abdomen, vomiting, diarrhea (due to the presence of sorbitol).
Rimantadin Kids, instructions for use: method and dosage
Rimantadine Kids syrup is taken orally after meals with water.
It must be remembered that the daily dose of rimantadine should not exceed 5 mg / kg.
Recommended regimens for taking the drug for therapeutic purposes, taking into account the age of the patients:
- children from 1 year to 3 years: I day - 3 times a day, 20 mg (10 ml / 2 teaspoons), daily dose - 60 mg; II and III days - 2 times 20 mg, daily dose - 40 mg; IV and V days - 1 time per day, 20 mg;
- children from 3 to 7 years: I day - 3 times a day, 30 mg (15 ml / 3 teaspoons), daily dose - 90 mg; II and III days - 2 times 30 mg, daily dose - 60 mg; IV and V days - 1 time per day, 30 mg;
- children 7-10 years old: 50 mg (25 ml / 5 teaspoons) 2 times a day, course - 5 days, daily dose - no more than 100 mg;
- adolescents 11-14 years old: 50 mg (25 ml / 5 teaspoons) 3 times a day, course - 5 days, daily dose - no more than 150 mg.
Recommended single doses of Rimantadine Kids for the purpose of prophylaxis, frequency of administration - 1 time per day:
- children 1 to 3 years of age: 20 mg (10 ml / 2 teaspoons);
- children 3 to 7 years old: 30 mg (15 ml / 3 teaspoons);
- children over 7 years old and adolescents: 50 mg (25 ml / 5 teaspoons).
The prophylactic course is 10-15 days.
- respiratory system: cough, shortness of breath, bronchospasm;
- nervous system: fatigue, irritability, depressed mood, insomnia / drowsiness, headache, dizziness, impaired concentration, tremors, movement disorders, euphoria, hyperkinesia, convulsions, confusion, hallucinations;
- cardiovascular system: palpitations, tachycardia, arterial hypertension, heart failure, cerebrovascular accident, heart block, loss of consciousness;
- sense organs: change / loss of smell, tinnitus;
- skin and subcutaneous tissue: skin rash;
- digestive tract: dry mouth, loss of appetite, dyspepsia, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain.
If the recommended doses of rimantadine are exceeded, the following symptoms may appear: sweating, dry skin, watery eyes, eye pain, inflammation of the oral mucosa, constipation, fever, and frequent urination.
If intoxication is suspected, gastric lavage is prescribed and symptomatic treatment is carried out, including measures to maintain the functions of vital organs. It is possible to partially eliminate rimantadine from the body with hemodialysis.
The use of the drug for 2–3 days before and 6–7 hours after the onset of clinical signs of influenza type A weakens the severity of symptoms and reduces the degree of serological reaction. A certain therapeutic effect can also be observed when Rimantadine Kids are used within 18 hours after the first signs of influenza develop.
During the period of taking Rimantadine Kids syrup for children, the risk of exacerbation of chronic concomitant diseases is aggravated.
Against the background of the use of rimantadine in persons with epilepsy, the threat of developing an epileptic seizure increases.
There is a possibility of emergence of viruses resistant to the action of rimantadine.
It is important for patients with diabetes mellitus that 15 ml of syrup corresponds to 1 bread unit (XE).
Sorbitol, which is part of the drug, can cause abdominal discomfort and have a laxative effect. If such effects occur during treatment, stop taking the drug and seek advice from a specialist.
Due to the increased risk of developing dyspeptic symptoms, you should not take Rimantadine Kids at the same time as products containing a significant amount of sorbitol (for example, prunes).
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
Due to the possible occurrence of side effects from the central nervous system, during the period of taking the drug, care must be taken when driving vehicles and working with complex and potentially dangerous equipment.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Syrup is contraindicated for pregnant women.
If you need to use Rimantadin Kids syrup during lactation, you must stop breastfeeding.
Children under 1 year of age are not prescribed Rimantadine Kids.
With impaired renal function
With chronic renal failure, T 1/2 of rimantadine increases 2 times. In patients with renal insufficiency, the drug can accumulate in toxic concentrations in cases where the dose is not changed in proportion to the decrease in creatinine clearance (CC).
In the presence of acute and chronic kidney disease, taking the drug is contraindicated.
For violations of liver function
In patients with acute liver disease, the use of Rimantadine Kids is contraindicated. With existing functional disorders of the liver, the syrup should be taken with caution.
Use in the elderly
Elderly patients need to adjust the dose of Rimantadine Kids in proportion to the decrease in CC to prevent its accumulation in toxic concentrations.
Possible pharmacological interaction of Rimantadine Kids with substances / drugs taken simultaneously:
- antiepileptic drugs: their therapeutic effect is weakened;
- acetazolamide, sodium bicarbonate, other substances promoting urine acidification: increase the plasma concentration of rimantadine;
- adsorbents, coatings and astringents: reduce the absorption of rimantadine;
- cimetidine: decreases the clearance of rimantadine by 18%;
- ascorbic acid, paracetamol: reduce the C max of rimantadine in blood plasma by 11%.
Sorbitol, included in the syrup, can affect the bioavailability of drugs used simultaneously. Due to the increased risk of dyspeptic symptoms, the combined use of Rimantadine Kids with other medicinal products containing sorbitol is not recommended.
Analogs of Rimantadine Kids are Rimantadin, Rimantadin Aktitab, Orvirem, Rimantadine Velpharm, Rimantadin Avexima, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Shelf life is 2 years.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies
Dispensed by prescription.
Reviews about Rimantadine Kids
Reviews of Rimantadine Kids, found on specialized sites and medical forums, are mostly positive. Parents of young patients who took the syrup note the effectiveness of its use for the prevention and treatment of influenza type A. The drug has proven itself especially well when used to prevent influenza in the event of the spread of an infectious agent in closed groups (kindergarten groups, school classes), upon contact with sick family members, against the background of an increased threat of the development of the disease during a flu epidemic. They also indicate that the syrup is easy to use, has a sweet taste and a strawberry smell, which is important when treating children.
The disadvantages of the remedy include the presence of contraindications and side effects, in particular drowsiness, skin rash, symptoms of dyspepsia. Sometimes users complain about the lack of Rimantadine Kids in many pharmacies.
The price of Rimantadin Kids in pharmacies
The price of Rimantadine Kids, a syrup for children (2 mg / ml), can be 130–190 rubles for a 100 ml bottle, and 200–340 rubles for a 200 ml bottle.
Rimantadine Kids: prices in online pharmacies
Rimantadine Kids 2 mg / ml syrup 100 ml 1 pc.
Rimantadin Kids syrup for children 2mg / ml bottle 100ml
Rimantadine Kids 2 mg / ml syrup 200 ml 1 pc.
Rimantadine Kids syrup for children 2mg / ml 200ml bottle (with measuring spoon)
Maria Kulkes Medical journalist About the author
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I. M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes only and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is hazardous to health!